Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > The Garage
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #31
redprimo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
Its seems to me that since the dmv has no record of who owns or purchased the bike and since it has not been reported stolen you should hypothetically be able to saunter into your local dmv and register the bike in your name.

I might hypothetically explain that the bike was purchased with the intent to race it and things have changed and now you would like to request a title and register it. I would be prepared to take the bike for a very non-hypothetical vin inspection by the hwy patrol. I wouldn't be to surprised that since the original bill of sale was lost in a boating accent that I might be asked to pay sales tax on the full purchase price of the bike when it was new, this would be really crappy but since the hypothetically great state of MA has no record that the bike was sold in MA and I was trying to register a new bike there would be substantial fees.

redprimo screwed with this post 05-10-2013 at 10:17 AM
redprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #32
what car??
down the road

Oddometer: 354
This is too funny!! Hypothetical this, that, and the other, HA! Sounds like this is a true story and someone has hypothetical cajones and just can't say, 'hey this is what I'm up against', what say you ADVrider members?
what car?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #33
troidus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by what car?? View Post
This is too funny!! Hypothetical this, that, and the other, HA! Sounds like this is a true story and someone has hypothetical cajones and just can't say, 'hey this is what I'm up against', what say you ADVrider members?
It's an attempt at plausible deniability, but in fact it's laughable deniability.

It's MA. You probably owe back taxes to the state and have to give them the bike.
troidus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #34
oldxr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,000
There are vehicle title services that could handle this for a fee.Once a title is issued out of any state it can be transfered to any state.I have heard of a crooked auto repair shop in my area paying $500 or so to people that have cars that are financed that they cant sell.Then he files a mechanics lien on the car.I had a buddy leave a car at my house .It was wrecked and used for parts.He would not come and get it out of my yard so I chained it to my van and drug it out to the street and called the police # for abandoned vehicles.Problem solved.Yamaha r1 and fz1 have 998 cc engines.

oldxr screwed with this post 05-20-2013 at 01:06 AM Reason: spelling
oldxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #35
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,119
In Texas you can apply for a Bonded Title. Public record goes out and if no one makes ownership claim it yours.
Cost about $175 here in Texas.

Part out is a better and more lucrative solution to your hypothetical situation.

Settle up with him, some how, if he ever shows up. Since you both hypothetically conspired to defraud an insurance company, he shouldn't rat you out.
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 04:12 PM
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote