User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
sailah OP
Lampin' it

Oddometer: 5,417
Motorcycle fuel injection fittings and line help

I have a 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650r that it fuel injected. I'm modifying it just a tad and needed to relocate the fuel pump. The stock line is not working for me due to a hard bend.

I need to either use the stock fittings somehow or find new ones and make a new line. There are no numbers on the fittings or a make/model that have turned up any searches.

Anyone have any advice here? Ideally the line would have one straight fitting on it instead of the 90 degree bend.

Can I cut the line and use a barb and lengthen it? How much PSI are we talking about here? It's a Keihin fuel injection system BTW

Here's the barb

Nessmuk
sailah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Anorak
Woolf Barnato

Oddometer: 32,905
It looks like a standard fitting. Look up plastic fuel line repair for fittings and fuel line.

"they live off the carrion of our mutual distrust and bribe us with symbols that equate hatred with manhood."

"I mean at the end of the day, I was addicted to Starting Fluid for Christ's sake!"

"Yeah, that guy sure is terrible at touching moms"
Anorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #3
sailah OP
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anorak View Post
It looks like a standard fitting. Look up plastic fuel line repair for fittings and fuel line.
Thanks I checked it out. In the meantime I cut the line in half. It's plastic for sure. I also cut it off the barb. The barb looks like any other barb except it has an o-ring.

I have some Tygon fuel line hose that is rated to 50 psi. The Ninja pump says as high as 47 psi at start up. I put the tygon on the barbs and it fits perfectly, I think it was 5/16" ID. Anyways I'm not sure I want to use some thing so close to the rating. Can I use regular fuel line and hose clamp it?

Do you think these fittings are universal? They say 5/16" and I don't have the bike handy to measure but I'd say it's close. What type of hose can I use on these barbs?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-800-080/overview/

Nessmuk
Old 05-10-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
joexr
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,773
Use automotive fuel injection fuel line. It's got a higher pressure rating thar regular fuel line.
joexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:42 AM   #5
sailah OP
Lampin' it

Quote:
Originally Posted by joexr View Post
Use automotive fuel injection fuel line. It's got a higher pressure rating thar regular fuel line.
Do you have to use the nylon line or can you use this rubber FI line you are talking about and hose clamp it? The Ninja pump develops 48 PSI max.

Nessmuk
Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #6
sailah OP
Lampin' it

Well I bought the fittings and 10' of Nylon line. Apparently you can use a homebrew tool to push the nylon line on the fitting and that should do it. Hopefully the fittings I bought are universal. I also sent Keihin an email as well as Dorman who makes the fittings if they could be further help.

I'll post up what I find.

Nessmuk
Old 05-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #7
bisbonian
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 983
Too late now but I have successfully used the rubber fuel injection hose as mentioned earlier with the fuel injection hose clamps pushed onto the barbs as you show.

I believe the fuel injection hose clamps just don't have the slots in them that cut into the hose.

This was on a DL1000 V-Strom on which I relocated the fuel filter, just cut off the plastic lines and used the stock barbed fittings.

bisbonian is online now   Reply With Quote