Oddometer: 69
Old 06-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #183
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Oddometer: 7,229
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by navsnipe View Post
I'm sorry that my negative experience makes you think this is a troll of some kind.

This whole experience has been one of stereotypes for me. I get overly excited about my new purchase and put it on my Facebook page for my friends to share. Ride to to my favorite road. Show it to my only friend who rides that lives near me. (An f650gs). Have the mechanical issue. Have bad service and experience from the selling dealer. Have to contend with coworkers and friends asking if I am going for a ride this-weekend on my new bike and having to retell the story several times a week. No end in sight due to either an uninterested BMW dealer or a wait for parts (depending on who you believe).

Now I've not heard a peep from the dealer today despite an assurance they would call me to complete the paperwork to return the bike and collect the refund check. The limited riding season is fleeing rapidly.

Quite frustrating as you can imagine. I've wanted a GS since 2004 but was financially unable to own one until recently. Now I don't know what to buy as I don't feel I have a reliable BMW dealer anywhere nearby. The only reputable dealer near is a Kawasaki dealer a line I am not particularly interested in. Having a plethora of motorcycle choices is one thing I miss from my years in San Francisco.
Meter Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:34 AM   #184
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Oddometer: 3,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meter Man View Post
I'm sorry that my negative experience makes you think this is a troll of some kind.

This whole experience has been one of stereotypes for me. I get overly excited about my new purchase and put it on my Facebook page for my friends to share. Ride to to my favorite road. Show it to my only friend who rides that lives near me. (An f650gs). Have the mechanical issue. Have bad service and experience from the selling dealer. Have to contend with coworkers and friends asking if I am going for a ride this-weekend on my new bike and having to retell the story several times a week. No end in sight due to either an uninterested BMW dealer or a wait for parts (depending on who you believe).

Now I've not heard a peep from the dealer today despite an assurance they would call me to complete the paperwork to return the bike and collect the refund check. The limited riding season is fleeing rapidly.

Quite frustrating as you can imagine. I've wanted a GS since 2004 but was financially unable to own one until recently. Now I don't know what to buy as I don't feel I have a reliable BMW dealer anywhere nearby. The only reputable dealer near is a Kawasaki dealer a line I am not particularly interested in. Having a plethora of motorcycle choices is one thing I miss from my years in San Francisco.
Such drama. It's a friggin motorcycle for cripes sake. How are you going to handle a real tradgedy when it faces you ? Head over to the trusty Kawi dealer, buy a new, dead reliable Versys, spend a few bucks setting up and forget this god awful experience. And then spend more time riding and less time posting about it on Facebook.

Unsubscribed

Mike

2012 R 1200 GS RALLYE 1997 Suzuki DR 350 SE
Gezerbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:02 AM   #185
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezerbike View Post
Such drama. It's a friggin motorcycle for cripes sake. How are you going to handle a real tradgedy when it faces you ? Head over to the trusty Kawi dealer, buy a new, dead reliable Versys, spend a few bucks setting up and forget this god awful experience. And then spend more time riding and less time posting about it on Facebook.

Unsubscribed
I suppose I should be pleased with having 12,000 tied up in a non functioning bike along with a dealer that seems to have trouble following through.
Old 06-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #186
Tork
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,430
I changed my mind , Do not take up golf , just follow it on TV .
Tork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #187
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Quote:
I suppose I should be pleased with having 12,000 tied up in a non functioning bike along with a dealer that seems to have trouble following through.
No I guess I wouldn't be too pleased myself. But YOU picked the dealer, YOU test rode the bike, and YOU did , or didn't, do your homework, YOU signed the paperwork, and YOU rode it home. How about stepping up and accepting some of the responsibility here. The old buyer beware comes to mind. The way I see it, the dealer you purchased the bike from owed you nothing more than to repair it.

A year and half ago I purchased a used K 1200 GT form my local BMW dealer. Never test rode or anything else. Did the deal over the phone and just went in a paid for it. I bought it on my trust in them from past purchases. After taking delivery, I started to read the horror stories on the internet about these bikes, and their crappy re-sale value and such. I didn't go whinin to anyone and accepted the responsibity of my purchase. You on the other hand post this god awful experience here in GSPOT then after pages of responses, you throw in down into JM. And now the drama stories of having to address your Facebook friends. You're getting your money back...isn't it now over ?

Mike

Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #188
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Quote:
No I guess I wouldn't be too pleased myself. But YOU picked the dealer, YOU test rode the bike, and YOU did , or didn't, do your homework, YOU signed the paperwork, and YOU rode it home. How about stepping up and accepting some of the responsibility here. The old buyer beware comes to mind. The way I see it, the dealer you purchased the bike from owed you nothing more than to repair it.

A year and half ago I purchased a used K 1200 GT form my local BMW dealer. Never test rode or anything else. Did the deal over the phone and just went in a paid for it. I bought it on my trust in them from past purchases. After taking delivery, I started to read the horror stories on the internet about these bikes, and their crappy re-sale value and such. I didn't go whinin to anyone and accepted the responsibity of my purchase. You on the other hand post this god awful experience here in GSPOT then after pages of responses, you throw in down into JM. And now the drama stories of having to address your Facebook friends. You're getting your money back...isn't it now over ?
I don't see it that way.

As of now the dealer has not followed through on the refund.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #189
VolInGA
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
You mean the dealer you said had a good reputation and you trusted? Drama with this GS, drama with your Rotax engined boat. Maybe you should give up on hobbies that involve engines. Might be time to take up bicycling......
VolInGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:05 AM   #190
Gezerbike
Hey Rocky...........

Quote:
I don't see it that way.

As of now the dealer has not followed through on the refund.
Why stop the drama now ? ( he's prolly following this thread )

Mike

Old 06-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #191
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolInGA View Post
You mean the dealer you said had a good reputation and you trusted? Drama with this GS, drama with your Rotax engined boat. Maybe you should give up on hobbies that involve engines. Might be time to take up bicycling......
I know you all think I am overreacting, I can't change your opinions. You won't hear a peep from me once this has been fully resolved.

Didn't have any issues not caused by myself (or PO neglect) on the other 6 motorcycles I've owned.

Did have probably 40 visits for warranty work for a Camaro (transmission failures, rear window fell out 4 or 5 times, stereo quit working 3 times, hatch would fly open randomly, t-tops leaked), but that is my fault for buying a Camaro. Any my Subarus have been pretty sub-par but the mechanics tend to know how to fix the shit that breaks.

Buying a SeaDoo branded anything was my mistake, I take full responsibility and won't make that mistake ever again. That doesn't change the fact the dealer was a piece of garbage and still is.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:10 AM   #192
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Quote:
Why stop the drama now ? ( he's prolly following this thread )
Probably.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #193
TUCKERS
the famous james

Oddometer: 11,308
Meter Man sounds reasonable to me. This is not Jo Momma.

So what happened to the Friday Refund?

I'd go to the dealership and hang around, casually talking to the customers that happen by you. Engaging the Salesperson in conversation, the Manager if you can get to them. Just be there, don't make a fuss, but be there.....sooner or later.......SOONER...believe me, they will deal with you. I know what it's like to be a Dealership owner, he will want to be rid of you. You'll have to put some work to it though. Getting them to write you a $12,000 check now will require some pushing.....but they will do it.
Unfortunately you are going to have to put your time in. Tell them you are waiting for your check, just hang around. If they say the owner isn't there tell them you will wait, if they say he's not coming tell them you will wait and see.

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

DMV paperwork/room rental/motorbike/vehicle buying/Travelers help
TUCKERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #194
Meter Man OP
Living on a prayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUCKERS View Post
Meter Man sounds reasonable to me. This is not Jo Momma.

So what happened to the Friday Refund?

I'd go to the dealership and hang around, casually talking to the customers that happen by you. Engaging the Salesperson in conversation, the Manager if you can get to them. Just be there, don't make a fuss, but be there.....sooner or later.......SOONER...believe me, they will deal with you. I know what it's like to be a Dealership owner, he will want to be rid of you. You'll have to put some work to it though. Getting them to write you a $12,000 check now will require some pushing.....but they will do it.
Unfortunately you are going to have to put your time in.
I talked to the owner on Wednesday, that is how I got the offer. I told them I wanted one of two things with a preference on a refund. The owner and salesman both told me they would call me Wednesday before closing with the answer. The Salesman called before they closed Wednesday and told me they would contact me Friday to come in to do the paperwork and cut me a check.

I am going to go in today and ask them the status. I've been nothing but cordial the entire time, I don't like the run around. I work in a highly regulated and complicated field. I give people real timelines. If it is going to take 3 weeks I tell them that is best case scenario but it could take longer. I never over promise and under deliver.

I have a feeling that there will be a promise of Monday for the check and then Monday they will promise Wednesday and so on. I hope I am wrong and I can move on. This isn't a big deal but it is dragging on without a real end in sight. I expected to be past it. I am going to go look at bikes today at a different dealership, perhaps I'll come home with a ZX14 or Busa.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #195
Norhasken
Tryin' to find my way

Oddometer: 18,228
'Busa!