ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2013, 06:07 PM   #16
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 24,291
Follow the link funnyman http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/Portal...eInfoSheet.pdf

Go forth and be a force of the awesome!
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:17 PM   #17
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty in all View Post

I just got an email response that has the links they show online for trail bike info, dmv and the trail map. I dont want to stir the pot so Im not going to pursue it any further but it's driving me nuts.
It's easier to get forgiveness than permission...

The published info is sketchy at best and you should be able to have fun and not get hassled. I'm sure you could explain your dilemma and worst case they send you home.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #18
Dirty in all
Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
Can someone give it to me in laymans terms because Im obviously a moron.

That honda you brought is registered? Does your daughter have a M endorsement?

Trust me Ive been reading everything I can find and and reading it 10 times. Ive seen everything posted here on my own , from email responses, links that lead you to links of the same links. I read it. Am I reading into it too much? Is everyone just hoping they dont get caught? Do they not care? Is it NOT saying I CANT ride an unregistered vehilce and be an underage rider? Can you tell me your exact experience? ... "we just brought the bike and rode, screw it"..."yes we have the bike registered and the kids are all of legal driving age"... "hey dumbass just take the kids riding its ok"... "dude you cant take the kids riding there on unregistered bikes"

-All CT state laws pertaining to trail bike use apply.
-CT requires registration on trail bikes. Please see CT DMV for registration info
-All 16-and 17-year-olds must obtain a learner’s permit before a driver’s license.
-Anyone 18 years of age or older must obtain an adult learner’s permit before obtaining a driver's license.

What I see from pics, videos and my experience at the dam is theres a ton of kids underage and riding full blown unregistered dirt bikes. I just dont want to leave a stain on the program. I want do the right thing. Would it be so hard for anyone to tell me what the deal is? I dont understand.
Dirty in all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #19
Happy Seal
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Oddometer: 2,536
ATV registration is required, that is all!

I've got a Yamaha PW80 for sale and it runs like a champ. Will need tires at some point. I have not posted it for sale yet.
Happy Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #20
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 1,087
Quote:
I just dont want to leave a stain on the program. I want do the right thing. Would it be so hard for anyone to tell me what the deal is? I dont understand.
Join the club, no one I know has figured out what the real deal is and just goes there with their kids and have fun riding.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #21
Dirty in all
Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer: 168
Thank you.
Dirty in all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #22
elrontx
Outlaw Trail Rider

Oddometer: 650
sometimes the DEP is there. theirs one DEP guy who always feels compelled to talk to me for 15 minutes about how much trouble the riders cause, hes a bit of a tool. he never checked me though. i dont even think the DEP has jurastiction there. isnt it federal land?

elrontx screwed with this post 05-14-2013 at 07:48 PM
elrontx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #23
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Oddometer: 183
I'm new to the area, Bedford Hills, NY to be more exact. Excited to see that this place isn't too far away. Anyone interested in riding there on a Monday or Tuesday (that's my weekend for now)?
175grams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #24
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I may go Monday. Im Just up the road from you.

@ dirty in all. The bike needs an ATV or street registration. You or your kids do not need a drivers license M or otherwise

Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #25
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

I usually post up here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=858097 and recently started posting up here https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/NY...54693674543902

Old 05-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #26
elrontx
Outlaw Trail Rider

Oddometer: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by 175grams View Post
I'm new to the area, Bedford Hills, NY to be more exact. Excited to see that this place isn't too far away. Anyone interested in riding there on a Monday or Tuesday (that's my weekend for now)?
im in Yonkers and work a rotating schedule. when im off those days "in a few weeks"ill shoot you a PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #27
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Can someone give it to me in laymans terms because Im obviously a moron.
From the link (and the text I posted):

"State registration is required " and "safety equipment is encouraged"
So not a lot of requirements. Nothing about a license.

Little kids ride there all the time. A lot of them stay down in the little track area down near the dam. The parking area is at the south or downstream end of the trail area. There is an access "road" main access trail going north up the middle. When I've been there, squid-ish behavior on the road.

The trails to the left going upstream (the high side) are rockier, more technical. The ones on the right (the low side) are sandier, smoother. I don't ride there often as I have better riding closer to me but for CT there are not a lot of choices.

One of the things that bothered me was that the Thomaston trails are close together. Last time I was there, someone with a VERY loud pipe was sqidding on the road, cranking throttle on and off. I was on the upper trails and I kept thinking someone was coming up behind me, the noise was coming from so close.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #28
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny61 View Post
I may go Monday. Im Just up the road from you.

@ dirty in all. The bike needs an ATV or street registration. You or your kids do not need a drivers license M or otherwise
Cool, if I'm free this Monday I'd like to check it out. You the guy riding the KTM in those videos on the fbook page? Do you ride up there or trailer?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:29 PM   #29
175grams
Guatemala Moto Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by elrontx View Post
im in Yonkers and work a rotating schedule. when im off those days "in a few weeks"ill shoot you a PM.
Sounds good, keep me posted. What do you ride?
Old 05-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175grams View Post
Cool, if I'm free this Monday I'd like to check it out. You the guy riding the KTM in those videos on the fbook page? Do you ride up there or trailer?

Yes on FB. If i bring my xrl650 I ride. If i do the 200exc back of the pick up truck