ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 05:56 AM   #46
viverrid
not dead yet

Oddometer: 30,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
Who is riding Sunday?
Berkshire Adventure Ride (a 2-day AMA National) is this Sat & Sun so a lot of people with 400, 650 or larger street-registered dualsports will be at that event.
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
viverrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #47
bmwpowere36m3 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
Who is riding Sunday?
I'll probably be up there sat or sun afternoon, don't know yet.
bmwpowere36m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:51 PM   #48
Dirty in all
Adrenaline Junkie

Oddometer: 168
Today was a blast ...

Kids had a real good time and I had a good time watching them. Kind of hard to ride at a CRF 50 pace but it was still very much better than a great day at work

I was such the proud father. Dont know if you know where Im talking about but heading back towards parking on our way back from the very end there is a trail that goes uphill slightly and has a pretty large exposed rock face. I went up it first and walked back to spot for them. My youngest(8) comes at it with a decent speed, heads right for the center, get his rear wheel on it and wheelies it to the top. Totally stayed in it and with it!! Drops It down in time to make the corner and cranks out of sight. My oldest(11) hits it at the steepest point, bounces the front, then the rear and lands flat at the top. Never touches his feet, stands up and rolls out to catch his brother. I stood there with my mouth open trying not to beat myself up too much for having the gopro on the youngests helmet and not running. One of those times where I should have been holding it.

We kind of avoided anything too rough but it looked like some stuff I want to go back for without the kids. By the end of the summer we will be rocking the whole place together, no doubts.

I was going to head to Pachaug on Saturday morning but maybe Ill just hit the dam again. Look for the fat guy on the EXC500.
Dirty in all is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #49
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,794
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #50
boinoodle
Old and Cautious

Oddometer: 940
Yah man, I know that spot well.

You'll be chasing them soon enough

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned is your life
Lord John Whorfin
boinoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #51
kenny61
Crazy Idiot

Oddometer: 23,794
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Malley View Post
Hey guys, been following the excitement about the thomaston dam riding. Was wondering if anyone would recommend good dealers in NY for dualsports? Thinking about picking up a new dr650. Thanks a million for your time.

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....postcount=3599
kenny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #52
Ken F
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Did the upper loop twice today. Was the quietest I've ever seen it on the weekend.
Ken F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #53
Looksgoodinblack
LooksbetteronOrange

Oddometer: 2,754
Wife and I were supposed to be at the Berkshires this weekend but life happened and we are staying home. How crowded can it get during Memorial Day Weekend?
'04 DL 650, '03 450 EXC - Plated, '07 X-Challenge

"What has been seen cannot be unseen"
Looksgoodinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #54
viverrid
not dead yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looksgoodinblack View Post
How crowded can it get during Memorial Day Weekend?
Very. There are not that many trail miles to disperse all the riders. But if you don't have a MA trail sticker, and don't want to drive further to Pachaug (CT), whatcha gonna do.

P.S. - Sorry you missed the Berkshire ride this year!
Advanced pancreatic cancer found 04/2010. Have outlived +/- 97% of patients with this diagnosis, but 08/2013 cancer now in liver, vascular system and lungs with 20+ lung tumors. Sick/weak sometimes, not riding much. No more treatments & now under Hospice care.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:28 AM   #55
Apertureguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Weather sucks today to ride up there...but next weekend looks to be good.

Am getting a little excited...I think I might have talked the wife into taking over my little XT....which means...new bike for Poppa.

Thinking about something in the 400 to 650 range....need to get rid of her little XR100R and convince her to ride the 250.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #56
Happy Seal
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apertureguy View Post
Weather sucks today to ride up there...but next weekend looks to be good.

Am getting a little excited...I think I might have talked the wife into taking over my little XT....which means...new bike for Poppa.

Thinking about something in the 400 to 650 range....need to get rid of her little XR100R and convince her to ride the 250.
I'm in line foir the XR, my son needs a new bike!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #57
viverrid
not dead yet

Quote:
Thinking about something in the 400 to 650 range....
You don't need a 650 to ride Thomaston. You can ride a 650 there but I wouldn't say it's the best choice for the trails on the higher side.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:07 AM   #58
Apertureguy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by viverrid View Post
You don't need a 650 to ride Thomaston. You can ride a 650 there but I wouldn't say it's the best choice for the trails on the higher side.
Agreed...just looking for something with a little more than what the 250 has been offering. But I will have about a year to think about it...so no rush.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #59
viverrid
not dead yet

Quote:
Agreed...just looking for something with a little more than what the 250 has been offering.
250 bikes range from mild to wild; so if you don't get a hotter 250 then yeah you might go for something in the 400 range.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #60
ChrisRiedinger
Specialized

Oddometer: 596
I've got a nice 250 for sale. Perfect for going a bit harder than the XT can handle

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=885634
ChrisRiedinger is offline   Reply With Quote