User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #1
bigdave-gs OP
Explorer

Oddometer: 2,339
Owners of 1190 and 1190 R

Ok. All you guys and gals lucky enough to already own a 1190 and 1190 R, post up what you think the pluses and minuses are for us in the U.S.A who are waiting for these bike to be brought here. What mods have you added and why? What farkles you've put on your bike, who made them, and what do you think of them?

Ridden so many bikes I lost count ! ! !
bigdave-gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #2
Audun
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave-gs View Post
Ok. All you guys and gals lucky enough to already own a 1190 and 1190 R, post up what you think the pluses and minuses are for us in the U.S.A who are waiting for these bike to be brought here. What mods have you added and why? What farkles you've put on your bike, who made them, and what do you think of them?
There are already long threads on the topic on the forum.... I have added my opinions to one of those.
Audun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
bigdave-gs OP
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audun View Post
There are already long threads on the topic on the forum.... I have added my opinions to one of those.
Really ? I've looked and the only thing I've been able to find was a general discusion on the 2013 Adventure 1190 thread, not a dedicated thread for likes and dislikes of the bike and available farkles ! ! !

Old 06-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
bigdave-gs OP
Explorer

Wow, I would have thought someone would let me know about their new bike and the toys on it ? ? ?

Old 06-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #5
sjp3003
Adventurer

Oddometer: 40
Pissed

Happy to share my thoughts on my new bike but it has been sitting at the dealer in the Dominican Republic for about 3 weeks now. KTM shipped the bike without sending out the computer to initiate the bike's electronic systems. So all I can say so far is it looks nice in person (mine is orange), is clearly much more street oriented than my former 950's and 990. I've been able to fiddle with the electronics without starting the bike and the controls are very intuitive and the computer menus are easy to access and get used to. I'm almost happy I've had to travel this weekend and will be traveling the next two weekends since I will not be able to ride anyways!

BTW my importer/dealer now has two bikes awaiting activation.
sjp3003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 AM   #6
bigdave-gs OP
Explorer

Yeah, I have a standing order for a 1190 Adventure R but we won't start getting them in the U.S. until February 2014.

Old 06-03-2013, 09:22 AM   #7
Krap To Maintain

Oddometer: 190
Opened the crate today

Went after work to do the crate opening ceremony Could only get the grey adventure but they say its the last one in SA (last of the honest salesman) Dealer said he will register the bike tomorrow so I can get it tomorrow after work. (won't be sleeping tonight) He said the next shipment was going to the USA so hopefully you guys can figure out how to take the cat off like on the 990. He said there is a dongle that is used for low grade fuel and also stores the traction control and abs settings so you don't have to reset it after every time you turn the bike on and off. He plugged one in on another bike and it went into fault

14 BMW GS 1200 LC
13 KTM 1190 Adv
08 KTM 990 Adv

990 screwed with this post 06-03-2013 at 09:55 AM
990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #8
bigdave-gs OP
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 990 View Post
There is a dongle that is used for low grade fuel and also stores the traction control and abs settings so you don't have to reset it after every time you turn the bike on and off. He plugged one in on another bike and it went into fault
Well hopefully all the bugs will be worked out by the time I get my Adventure R

Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #9
Krap To Maintain

Just think how many brooms were killed to make these bikes

14 BMW GS 1200 LC
13 KTM 1190 Adv
08 KTM 990 Adv
Old 06-03-2013, 10:46 AM   #10
ST4s
Adventurer

Oddometer: 43
Adv 1190

Who would have thought..... Wooden handle bars, and they don't look very ergonomic to boot. Well at least they will be easy to modify...

Cheers
ST4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #11
Krap To Maintain

OMG picked the bike up. Drove off with the suspension in sport mode, felt very hard probably good for high speed conering changed it to comfort and it felt fantastic for putting around in the traffic. Gone is the twichy throttle, feels as smooth as butter Bike seating position feels great Im 187cm and the seat is not set on its highest. Switch gear feels great high beam is in a funny spot but who cares. I rode the BMW 1200 LC a few days back and actually ordered one because I was told all the 1190's were finished, but the KTM gods smiled on me and all I can say is "its not even in the same ball park" if you ride a 990 you will know what I'm talking about. Obviously the dudes in Austria have been reading this forum because they have ticked all the boxes when it comes to the 1190 well done KTM you guys are fantastic

14 BMW GS 1200 LC
13 KTM 1190 Adv
08 KTM 990 Adv
Old 06-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #12
bigdave-gs OP
Explorer

Quote:
OMG picked the bike up. Drove off with the suspension in sport mode, felt very hard probably good for high speed conering changed it to comfort and it felt fantastic for putting around in the traffic. Gone is the twichy throttle, feels as smooth as butter Bike seating position feels great Im 187cm and the seat is not set on its highest. Switch gear feels great high beam is in a funny spot but who cares. I rode the BMW 1200 LC a few days back and actually ordered one because I was told all the 1190's were finished, but the KTM gods smiled on me and all I can say is "its not even in the same ball park" if you ride a 990 you will know what I'm talking about. Obviously the dudes in Austria have been reading this forum because they have ticked all the boxes when it comes to the 1190 well done KTM you guys are fantastic
That's awesome, let me know what farkles you put on your bike and how you like or dislike it's usefullness.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #13
Krap To Maintain

Ordered the side stand foot - The side stand is quite uprite and the bike will fall over if the ground it soft - ordered the crash bars and trax plate but they will only be here at the end of the month the genuine KTM ones are at least a third more that the aftermarket one's.

14 BMW GS 1200 LC
13 KTM 1190 Adv
08 KTM 990 Adv
Old 06-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #14
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 602
Quote:
Ordered the side stand foot - The side stand is quite uprite and the bike will fall over if the ground it soft - ordered the crash bars and trax plate but they will only be here at the end of the month the genuine KTM ones are at least a third more that the aftermarket one's.
will have to make a plan with mine as well - parked on new/softish tar yesterday and when I got back to the bike, it had sunk about 2cm into the tar
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #15
/dev/null
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 173
Quote:
Just think how many brooms were killed to make these bikes
Terrible ergonomics and questionable longevity. Is that pressure treated lumber or do you have to use a rain cover?