User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
dch OP
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 340
Help me find the fried pie store

Well,it really isn't the fried pie store, it is a convience store in Ar. that sells fried pies, really good ones.

You see, several years ago a friend and I happened upon a convience store, in Ar. one Sat. morning that sold fried pies and we have not been able to find it since. We have looked and looked and argued and bet one another on its location and nothing, nada. For the life of me, I can not find this gas station/convience store/flea market.

Here is what I remember. We were traveling east/northeast on a two lane road that was lined with cedar trees on both sides. This road was somewhwere north and east of Conway, we came to a stop sign, the crossing traffic did not stop and it was a better two lane that went north/south. I remember semis' running north/south on this road and moderate traffic. We were traveling from Hot Springs to Dexter, Mo. for BBQ so it would have been in the north central or north eastern part of Ar.

We stopped for a break and went in and got a cup of coffee and on the counter, where you paid, next to tha cash register, there was a 2/2.5' high,circular clear, display case with shelves, that had various kinds of fried pies in it. I bought one, peach I think, and along with a cup of coffee and walked back out to the bikes.

I was sampling the fried pie, which was very good, and sipping coffee when I was approached by a local who struck up a conversation about our motorcycles. He was a male approx. middle 20's smoking a cigerette and was talking about his desire to buy a bike in the future. I asked about this convience store and commented on how good the fried pies were and he said that folks came from all around to this store for milk, eggs, smokes, etc. It was a fairly remote part of the state. I remember him saying that folks came from plum over to ( insert some little town that I cannot recall) to this store because that was all there was around.

The gas station/convience store sat on the N.E. corner of the intersection, and to the north of the building I remember several pick up trucks backed up to the highway selling things, a couple of them were selling live chickens, in small cages set out on the ground between the trucks and the highway.

Well thats pretty much all I remember about it. If you have any idea where the fried pie store might be give me an idea, a hint, anything, gotta find this place, it is killin me.

Thanks,
DCH

dch screwed with this post 05-14-2013 at 06:17 AM
dch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 AM   #2
DrLewall
The Human GPS

Oddometer: 30,725
seems I remember a place like that from long ago..and what comes to mind is a place very similar to what you discribe at the intersection of hwys 64 and 5...
DrLewall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 AM   #3
dch OP
Rock Chalk

Oddometer: 340
Thanks Doc, but that is not the place, looked on google maps, too new, too crowded. The place, as I remember it, was the only building/place of business at that intersection.

Maybe that is why I can't find it, maybe the place has since been torn down and replaced with a new gas station/convience store/resturant. There seems to be a lot of that going on.
dch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,659
Not in the same area but there is a great Fried Pie place in Glen Rose, Texas .
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Not in the same area but there is a great Fried Pie place in Glen Rose, Texas .
And should be easy to find with those awesome directions.
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #6
No False Enthusiasm
a quiet adventurer

Oddometer: 4,160
Ya can't get lost in Glen Rose... 2,444 folks left in a declining population living in 2.7 square miles.

When you get there, ask "Bubba" for directions to the fried pie place... he was there first thing this morning for a fresh one...

NFE
No False Enthusiasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:44 PM   #7
Scribe
£Bob£

Oddometer: 6,553
Quote:
Originally Posted by dch View Post
Thanks Doc, but that is not the place, looked on google maps, too new, too crowded. The place, as I remember it, was the only building/place of business at that intersection.

Maybe that is why I can't find it, maybe the place has since been torn down and replaced with a new gas station/convience store/resturant. There seems to be a lot of that going on.
Probably for the best. Fried pies are bad for you.