Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Sandbox - AKA Flatistan
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #16
matt sterbater
ocala sand flea

Oddometer: 37
i dont know if you know of anybody to ride with yet with the sand rail,but i hooked up with the tampa bay buggy club a guy named dave,when we ride its pretty much like when i used to ride with people off adv.great people,always ready to help you out.they are going out to onf next weekend for a ride,i cant go ill be out of town though.i dont know if your going to take the rail off road or not,but i have learned some good lessons.
#1 you would obviously need some off road tires on the back
#2 if it is a swingaxle rear suspension it will be rough,it will be more durable though.i converted mine to irs,100% better,although when i did i didnt use beetle cvs,i used type 4 cvs.never looked back.
#3 wear googles,the sand will come under and around the windsheild like its not even there in buckets from the front tires
#4 make sure you at least have a outerwears pre filter on your air filter,the sand plugs the idle jets badly on all the stock style pic carbs
#5 stay away from mud if your windshield isnt glass
#6 link pin front end is better than ball joint for off road
#7 be careful with the aluminum beam on the front,ive seen a couple break on hard,hard use.might never be a issue though,im talking rails that were jumped hard.
#8 if it dont already have rear disc brakes,get some,they are much,much better in the rear than the drums.i even had the better type 3 rear drums.night and day difference.
05 yamaha road star warrior

matt sterbater screwed with this post 05-19-2013 at 09:31 PM
matt sterbater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
Sub Zero OP
Ice Breather!

Oddometer: 802
already tearin it up! had a blast! hope im not being too hard on this thing. it sure rattles and bangs over every little bump. I think some suspension upgrades are in order. watch vid in HD

Sub Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #18
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 887
..... "sign here please, sir "

Lemme know when you need to put that thing up for sale 'cause you need the $$ to get your license back......I was thinking of building another one....anybody know where I can get some 48IDA carbs ?
Old 05-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #19
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,134

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #20
Sub Zero OP
Ice Breather!

okay... to all the conservative little bitches that freak out over anything written on paper.... man the fuck up!!! do what you like! ride where you like! who gives a flying fuck that some government asshole put a sign saying "you cant do this here". what if someone told you you can no longer enter your own house without paying a 5$ fee? would you do it? im starting to think you little girls WOULD! fuck that noise! if someone REALLY wanted to stop you from doing something, they would! you wanna rape little kids? go ahead, but me and just about every other person in the world is gonna find you and kick your ass! you wanna ride your dirt bike on some questionable trails? sand rail? atv? go ahead! who the fuck is gonna care! sure someone will start bitching and moaning and urge the gov to put up a new law saying you cant do that, but if they REALLY wanted to stop you, trust me, they would. dont get caught in the act and your fine. put up whatever videos you want. hell, put up a video doing wheelies on your KTM in the police station parking lot! that would be a riot! stop being a bunch of little bitches and do what you think is fun. youll know if your doing something wrong when you finally get thrown in jail. in the mean time im enjoying my freetime and haveing a blast while you ladies are whipped left right and center taking orders from some asshole who is no different from me or you. its just a bunch of shit on paper anyway. like i said, if they REALLY wanted to stop you, they WILL. in the mean time, enjoy your self and ride where you want and do what you want!

oh and ive said before, no other argument is going to make my change my opinion on this. im having a blast doing what i wanna do when i want. you guys can sit in the corner and shout at me about how unfair it is.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,134
after all, I wasn't the one who got lapped by a Nissan Murano

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff

Dr.Z screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 01:44 PM
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:49 PM   #22
gravityisnotmyfriend
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub Zero View Post
dont get caught in the act and your fine. put up whatever videos you want. hell, put up a video doing wheelies on your KTM in the police station parking lot! that would be a riot!
Great video, but I'm sorry to tell you that it is evidence if the wrong person saw it. A guy recently posted videos of himself pushing 200 MPH on a sport bike and he's now in jail.

Hey, ride your ride man. I found the video entertaining as hell. But, don't post the video assuming that you're safe as long as you don't get caught in the act.
gravityisnotmyfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Sub Zero OP
Ice Breather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravityisnotmyfriend View Post
Great video, but I'm sorry to tell you that it is evidence if the wrong person saw it. A guy recently posted videos of himself pushing 200 MPH on a sport bike and he's now in jail.

Hey, ride your ride man. I found the video entertaining as hell. But, don't post the video assuming that you're safe as long as you don't get caught in the act.

i like that you guys are trying to help, and i appreciate your advice. I'm not too worried about it at this point. I'm not gonna post a video of me doing 200mph on anything anytime soon (i dont even enjoy going that fast). and ill be as shocked as ever and you guys can be there to say i told you so if i get thrown in jail for riding on some grass field next to a road. like i said, if someone REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to stop me, they would.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #24
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
i like that you guys are trying to help, and i appreciate your advice. I'm not too worried about it at this point. I'm not gonna post a video of me doing 200mph on anything anytime soon (i dont even enjoy going that fast). and ill be as shocked as ever and you guys can be there to say i told you so if i get thrown in jail for riding on some grass field next to a road. like i said, if someone REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to stop me, they would.
Dood...I ran your little vid by my co-workers and they started salivating quoting statute after statute. Keep telling your self that you are such a bad ass. Cause you aren't any different than the little punk fuckers with no regard to anybody else that got us kicked out of the pits in the forest 15 years ago. What goes around comes around man. Thanks alot. I'm sure your shit will be shown on the main screen at the next tree hugger convention, jackass.

And let's get something straight, I am not "helping you"; I couldn't care less about you...I hope you like riding the bus. I do however care about riding in the woods though...and that is getting harder and harder to do, because of retards like yourself.

Lastly, at some point in your life you WILL change your opinion, I see it all the time. What's really awesome is seeing guys just like you sitting in central booking in an orange and blue jumpsuit surrounded by 350lb repeat felons teasing them while they cry like a baby....yeah the Deputies will protect you...NOT. But just keep telling yourself they'll never catch you....awesome....

Sorry MOD...I just had to say it.....do as you will....

brewmann screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 02:52 PM
brewmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #25
Sub Zero OP
Ice Breather!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmann View Post
Dood...I ran your little vid by my co-workers and they started salivating quoting statute after statute. Keep telling your self that you are such a bad ass. Cause you aren't any different than the little punk fuckers with no regard to anybody else that got us kicked out of the pits in the forest 15 years ago. What goes around comes around man. Thanks alot. I'm sure your shit will be shown on the main screen at the next tree hugger convention, jackass.
and did you read all my post? you got kicked out the pits because someone put up a sign and pointed their finger at you saying no no no shame on you guys! I got a good finger you can point right back at him as you blast off into the woods! read my last paragraph, you and your coworkers can go sit in the corner with your thumb up your ass cursing and shouting at me while I have all the fun.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #26
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
and did you read all my post? you got kicked out the pits because someone put up a sign and pointed their finger at you saying no no no shame on you guys! I got a good finger you can point right back at him as you blast off into the woods! read my last paragraph, you and your coworkers can go sit in the corner with your thumb up your ass cursing and shouting at me while I have all the fun.

You get that my "co-workers" are LEO right ? We even have helicopters and radios now !

Let me know how it works out for you....and please re-read my appended post..."appended" means I added something to it.

brewmann screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 03:17 PM
Old 05-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

Russ, You might want to also Google a term that you obviously missed in Jr. High School.... "Natural Selection".

Old 05-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #28
Sub Zero OP
Ice Breather!

Quote:
Russ, You might want to also Google a term that you obviously missed in Jr. High School.... "Natural Selection".

thats the previous owners plate. he let me borrow it to ride it back from naples. since the pic, ive taken it off and mailed it back to him

your a little redder then usual, did i hit a nerve?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:14 PM   #29
brewmann
Studly Adventurer

you're a little redder then usual & you're still a moron

This is getting boring. Can you light yourself on fire or something & post the video....now that would be really cool !!

brewmann screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 04:31 PM
Old 05-24-2013, 04:33 PM   #30
SpadedAce
Injun!

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
you're a little redder then usual & you're still a moron

This is getting boring. Can you light yourself on fire or something & post the video....now that would be really cool !!

Brewmann - well played, sir. Game, set, match.

SpadedAce is offline   Reply With Quote