Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #16
brianhinfl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Own a F650 and ride two-up all the time. No issues. Granted when fully loaded with two panniers and top case, 80mph doesn't come as easily, but other than that, comfortable ride.(I don't have stock seat) Bike always feels stable.

Rented an 800 for 3 weeks recently. The comment above about suspension height couldn't be more true. Fully loaded, it was quite the challenge for the passenger to get on over the panniers. One time we got got caught in a snow storm and remounting after getting fuel was not easy. Needed to find a way for her to stand on something to step onto the bike. With slippery ground, there was no other way to get on. Another time in Monaco, I needed to drive to find a flat spot as there was no way it was going to work on the hills. The F800GS also felt VERY top heavy with two people and gear. It was quite noticeable.

We did have the WSP touring seat on the rental 800, which was amazingly comfortable, although it does raise the passenger up a little more than stock seat.

I looked forward to getting back home and on the 650 again.
brianhinfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #17
servdave
Adventurer

Oddometer: 62
Have travelled 2 up on my 650GS twin with no problems. I am sure a 1200GS would do it better but if you can adjust to the way the 650GS twin handle two up it a great touring tool.

I am off to Scotland and Austria this year, 2-up with the wife!
servdave is offline   Reply With Quote