ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-17-2013, 10:21 AM   #31
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer
 
HoneyBunz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Miles From Nowhere
Oddometer: 5,201
Rossi is strong and he's the only Yamaha rider that's happy with his bike.
Jorge is going to have his hands full battling with Rossi and the Repsol Hondas.
I suspect the podium positions will change hands several times during this race.
__________________
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #32
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 445
Lorenzo isn't "carrying on" with the topic: he got peppered with questions about it during the pre-event interview and he responded patiently to all the questions and shook Marquez hand at the end, having said that he doesn't have anything against Marquez personally but thinks race direction should have done something about the incident, which I agree with 100%.

At the time of the Rossi/Gibernau incident, there was no points system like there is now: it was either give Rossi a penalty or let it go, and perhaps wisely they let it go. The point of the present points system is to discourage a pattern of over-aggressive riding by providing a warning without a real sanction. What happens if this Sunday Marquez does something similar? And again the race after that? If RD gives a point (or more) for each one, Marquez' pattern of over-aggressive riding will eventually be sanctioned.

RD chickened out of enforcing a very lenient policy.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #33
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 445
Motocuatro with more details: http://www.motocuatro.com/index.php/...tro-con-pasado

At the safety meeting, Lorenzo told Capirossi, in front of everyone, that he had no moral authority to be the arbiter of race incidents. It didn't sit well with Capirossi to be called out publicly, and later went to Lorenzo's motor home for a talk, which didn't resolve anything. Capirossi and Lorenzo are probably not on speaking terms anymore.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
JNRobert
Breaking Wind
 
JNRobert's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2003
Location: Bay Area, California
Oddometer: 9,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBunz View Post
Rossi is strong and he's the only Yamaha rider that's happy with his bike.
Jorge is going to have his hands full battling with Rossi and the Repsol Hondas.
I suspect the podium positions will change hands several times during this race.
So far it seems that Rossi platau's sooner than the rest of the aliens. Lets see how qualifying pans out. It would be great to see Val win it wet or dry.
__________________
Crusader of Slack
JNRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:29 AM   #35
JBSmith
Ink-stained wretch
 
JBSmith's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2003
Location: Southern Oregon coast
Oddometer: 1,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kropotkin View Post
Thanks for reminding me how much I miss the 250s.
__________________
Tread Life A blog about motorcycles, riding motorcycles, and writing about motorcycles

Cycle Guide Magazine The digital update of the print-era classic
JBSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #36
Thumpermeister
roost maker
 
Thumpermeister's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Frosbite Falls
Oddometer: 2,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by auguzt View Post

FP2 (dry as well)

1 PEDROSA Honda 1'34.035
2 MARQUEZ Honda 1'34.169 0.134 / 0.134
3 ROSSI Yamaha 1'34.173 0.138 / 0.004
4 LORENZO Yamaha 1'34.201 0.166 / 0.028
5 BRADL Honda 1'34.299 0.264 / 0.098
6 CRUTCHLOW Yamaha 1'34.512 0.477 / 0.213
Looks like it could be a good one!
Thumpermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:42 PM   #37
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,914
All will become clearer tomorrow morning.

Then Sunday morning the lights go out and it matters.
Then we'll know.

FP1, FP2 are what waiting looks like of there are racing motorcycles.
__________________
...Dick
" It's not traction control, it's talent compensation" - Mark
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Facebook
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:17 PM   #38
Jim Moore
Beastly Adventurer
 
Jim Moore's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Jax, FL
Oddometer: 12,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
At the safety meeting, Lorenzo told Capirossi, in front of everyone, that he had no moral authority to be the arbiter of race incidents. It didn't sit well with Capirossi to be called out publicly, and later went to Lorenzo's motor home for a talk, which didn't resolve anything. Capirossi and Lorenzo are probably not on speaking terms anymore.
Damn!
__________________
Jim Moore
Jax, FL

Pay the lady, PirateJohn, you thieving piece of garbage.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=949341
Jim Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
Lorenzo isn't "carrying on" with the topic: he got peppered with questions about it during the pre-event interview and he responded patiently to all the questions and shook Marquez hand at the end, having said that he doesn't have anything against Marquez personally but thinks race direction should have done something about the incident, which I agree with 100%.

At the time of the Rossi/Gibernau incident, there was no points system like there is now: it was either give Rossi a penalty or let it go, and perhaps wisely they let it go. The point of the present points system is to discourage a pattern of over-aggressive riding by providing a warning without a real sanction. What happens if this Sunday Marquez does something similar? And again the race after that? If RD gives a point (or more) for each one, Marquez' pattern of over-aggressive riding will eventually be sanctioned.



RD chickened out of enforcing a very lenient policy.

A fair enough comment. I can't argue with that.....
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #40
kyns
Beastly Adventurer
 
kyns's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Finland West coast
Oddometer: 1,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
Lorenzo isn't "carrying on" with the topic: he got peppered with questions about it during the pre-event interview and he responded patiently to all the questions and shook Marquez hand at the end, having said that he doesn't have anything against Marquez personally but thinks race direction should have done something about the incident, which I agree with 100%.

At the time of the Rossi/Gibernau incident, there was no points system like there is now: it was either give Rossi a penalty or let it go, and perhaps wisely they let it go. The point of the present points system is to discourage a pattern of over-aggressive riding by providing a warning without a real sanction. What happens if this Sunday Marquez does something similar? And again the race after that? If RD gives a point (or more) for each one, Marquez' pattern of over-aggressive riding will eventually be sanctioned.

RD chickened out of enforcing a very lenient policy.
Tell you what... get rid of the RD all together, that way JLO, Pedro and co cant go complain someone every time they get passed.

I as a spectator hope to see agressive fairing bashing.

1. Vale
2. MM
3. JLO
kyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #41
Mr Head
PowerPoint ADV
 
Mr Head's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Orange County, CA
Oddometer: 6,914
These first practices have been dry, the rest of the weekend looks like rain according to The Weather Channel.
Things could get interesting.
__________________
...Dick
" It's not traction control, it's talent compensation" - Mark
2010 KTM 990 Adventure R
Facebook
Smugmug
Mr Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #42
Lurky-Loo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyns View Post
I as a spectator hope to see agressive fairing bashing.
Why not blades on the wheels, too?

Quote:
1. Vale
2. MM
3. JLO
You realize that you're 0-3 on your Pedrosa predictions (hopes?) of doom, right?
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 PM   #43
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.
 
BOOTLACE's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Methane Central..(Sth Gippsland)
Oddometer: 3,725
Early hours, but I'd personally luv to see #46 right up the front. Not a fan in the
Last few years, but a champion is still a champion. And it's gunna make Mooooojello even more excellent!

I'll send pix, I promise!
__________________
bootlace
BOOTLACE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #44
Silver
Dirtnewb
 
Silver's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Tulsa, OK.
Oddometer: 2,262
LOL, Lorenzo beats Crutchlow, Crutchlow refuses to shake hands ala Jerez. lmao. Crutchlow is awesome.

Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:01 PM   #45
HoneyBunz
Beastly Adventurer
 
HoneyBunz's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
Location: Miles From Nowhere
Oddometer: 5,201
If race direction had been more proactive with Simo, he may still be here today. RD has learned nothing. Thankfully Lorenzo is willing to speak out when nobody else will. He has a moral compass and is leading by example as well.
RD is happy to exploit the situation all the way to the bank. They can't hear Lorenzo through the dollar signs.
__________________
Certified "Safe For Transmission" - NSA Inspector #47
HoneyBunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014