Old 12-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Oddometer: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeName View Post
How's progress on these systems?

Thinking a nice 2-1 to start 2014....
We are using the Winter to make progress on these systems. We have many iterations of exhaust combinations that we will be offering and they mostly currently exist but the back end, the side that the customer doesn't see is a ton of work and takes allot of time to put together. What we mean is instructions, part numbers, vendors, website pics and info, mapping support, sound level comparisons, videos... It goes on forever.

We are currently being consumed by Singer Porsche http://singervehicledesign.com/ as we are supplying them with full systems for their exotic car line. They are selling more cars than they can keep up with and this has slowed our ADV progress a bit but we are reaching a steady enough work flow with them that we are back ramping up the R&D of the simpler ADV systems like the slip on's, X-Pipes and SSO's (Single Side Outs)

We have a few full systems out there in use and the customers are very happy. While they are very time consuming and expensive to produce, they satisfy some niche customers desire for a fully hand made system which has never existed. It is the highest quality system you can find and is made from US grad 304 Stainless steel argon purge welded so you will NOT have rust or header cracking problems like many have encountered with the stock mild steel header. The 304 Stainless also retains 219% more heat than mild steel so heat bleeding is less of an issue with our full system.

We are currently concluding testing of our slip on systems and SSO's (Single Side Outs) and have them available for customers that call us directly. We should be releasing full information when Spring arrives and bikes come back out with some gradual info coming out as it is available.

We are planning:
  • Dual Slip on (Can be upgraded later with X-pipe mid with no loss of major parts) No spark arrestors yet. Drops 12 lbs.
  • SSO (Single Side Out) with Dual Chamber design. Fully rebuild-able with tools - no drilling rivets, spark arrested, DB levels fully customizable, drops 15 lbs from stock.
  • Dual slip on with X-pipe (incredible sound characteristics, better scavenging)
  • X-Pipe from stock header to aftermarket mufflers (For those of you who already have a muffler that has the stock bolt patterns)
  • Full systems shown below are currently available upon request and are hand made to order. Lead time 30 days. (for now)
We will be providing PCV maps free for every combination we manufacture in 3 modes available: Power map, Economy map and a Combination map with economy fueling only in the "cruise" range.

Our slip ons would look like the twins below but only to the back of the silencer.

Our SSO (Single Side Out) would look like below from the silencer to the collector and both systems come will all hardware necessary. The SSO is spark arrested.
CPRFAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 05:47 PM   #17
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,327
I saw one of these two into one this weekend...

This two into one with muffler looks awesome. I'm hoping I can buy one and start doing some testing with it. What a piece of work!!!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:59 PM   #18
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertSurfer View Post
This two into one with muffler looks awesome. I'm hoping I can buy one and start doing some testing with it. What a piece of work!!!
We have made quite of few of these now for customers. The full systems are extremely laborious and expensive to produce but we are transferring back to the other side of the spectrum with Slip ons and a very trick dual side out. (Basically what you see from the tip of the header on the SSO above)

We have been participating in allot of events and talking with quite a few Adventure riders to find out what their complaints are about the current SSO's, (Single Side Outs) and have been developing a system that addresses those issues of fitment and so on. Our current design is spark arrested and uses a "Dual Chamber" design to lessen the bark that abates sound but flows much more efficiently than a common HP, sorry, DB killer insert.

All of our combinations of intakes and exhausts will come with 3 maps specific to the setup. Power, economy and a combo of both so there will be no guessing as to what map to use. They will come from the source fully tested.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:07 PM   #19
blublapp
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Is there a plan to sell headers and X-Pipe for aftermarket pipes like Akrapovic without your specific CPR-Mufflers ?
blublapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #20
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blublapp View Post
Is there a plan to sell headers and X-Pipe for aftermarket pipes like Akrapovic without your specific CPR-Mufflers ?
Yes there is. We have a set of Ti/Carbon Akros in house to look at and they use the stock pattern so we will start there. Moving forward we plan on making the X-Pipes fit Leo Vince pipes as well as they use a slip with a mid pipe rather than the bolt pattern. Worst case, if the customer has an off brand set of mufflers already they can send them in and we can fit the header to those by hand.

We released the full system first for the wow factor at the KTM rally but are going 180 degrees and working on our slip on systems and moving forward to the X-pipe configs and SSO's (Single Side Outs) So far our limited release of SSO's have been testing very well against the limited amount of other systems available and with the few people that have them. We are using a different method to get the DB's down that is more free flowing and naturally spark arrested. A double win.

Another bonus, so far our stainless Dual Side Out silencers weigh .2 lbs less than TI/Carbon Akros.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:39 PM   #21
Harold Waikiki
oldfatdumbbrokeoutof

Oddometer: 369
2014 1190r

Any plans for the 1190? Especially one into two.
'09 KTM 950 SE Erzberg
'15 KTM 1290 SA ordered.
Harold Waikiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #22
CPRFAB OP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Waikiki View Post
Any plans for the 1190? Especially one into two.
This is a true fact. As I type this, I am sitting in a lounge area waiting for the salesman to return with a figure for my new 1190 R test bike. Wish me luck. They're bending people over for these. Or trying.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #23
Pete640
I hate sand.......

Oddometer: 1,673
What happened to the 1190 systems?