ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2013, 11:29 PM   #121
Reidy008
I,m in if we go fast

Oddometer: 2,003
No word???

No one has posted up anything? Did anyone make it back?
Reidy008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:58 AM   #122
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Oddometer: 3,839
It was a great ride, we all made it, sort of, 2 finished the ride among 11 riders total, with route modified to almost 60 miles shorter. Day1 was ok with minor mechanical casualties pushed me to shave ~38 miles off the originally planned route. One of these mechanical casualties was me. Maybe cuz I was going too strong too fast my bike was like enough of this man I had enough for the weekend. More detail/report coming up. Stay tune.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:13 AM   #123
ewilly
Adventurer

Oddometer: 55
I would like to Thank Eddy for organizing the ride! Monumental Effort - I know that is a challenge to plan and we had a diverse group of great riders! The front 7 group of riders were tearing it up all day 1 (thank goodness that is the only way I could find the trail when the dust cleared sometimes). The four of us bringing up the rear kept each other company and enjoyed the scenery!

I have to make this brief for now but day 1 put some accelerated wear on the F8 it handled it like a champ.

Day 2 FOF2 and I decided to forego the scheduled route for multiple reasons and we rode Rt 66 to Williams and down to Camp Verde via Perikinsville Rd.

Special thanks to DurtKlod for the chase truck and to DRDFBLACK for providing a place for me to crash Sat night in Flagstafff.

It was great to meet the majority of you and I had a great time. I plan to go back and do the Day 2 route in the future.

Back to work for now!
ewilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #124
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,662
Watching from my babysitting duties in CA. Glad all are back & had a safe ride
AZ TOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #125
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 2,008
Thanks Eddy for all your hard work.

Thanks Tom for the water and snacks. Those cranberry power bars saved my Bacon! Please tell Mrs. Dirtklod thank you!

Thanks DOD for helping me change a tube Sunday morning.

What a ride! When we went by the Grand Caynon skywalk yesterday, I thought what are all these people doing? And then DOD said; he that guy is walking across the caynon today. Traffic was heavy.

Man, I am sore today. Those rocks on Saturday where serious!

Thanks everyone for an outstanding time!

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #126
BIG-E
AKA; Mongo-E

Oddometer: 2,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbblue View Post
I'm in for Sunday! Try to keep away from the wild horses on the way up this year ok?

Hey BigE I think they only have veggie bacon up here. Maybe better bring some of your own just in case.
I forgot to mention the horses.....

WOW! They just ran right for us! We waited for 15 minutes and they just trotted down the road, then another herd of them would join.. Crazy!

We had to turn around because we couldn't get rid of them, and didn't want for the Tribe to think we where running thier horses and shoot us!

I didn't even get Bacon on this trip until the pizza place on Sunday.

"If my Technique Improves, so will my riding"!
BIG-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #127
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,237
Sounds like some interesting stories will be forthcoming.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:04 AM   #128
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-E View Post
I forgot to mention the horses.....

WOW! They just ran right for us! We waited for 15 minutes and they just trotted down the road, then another herd of them would join.. Crazy!

We had to turn around because we couldn't get rid of them, and didn't want for the Tribe to think we where running thier horses and shoot us!

I didn't even get Bacon on this trip until the pizza place on Sunday.
Eric, next time get DOD to jump on one of those horses and go for a cool down ride......
Old 06-24-2013, 08:33 AM   #129
DOD
idiot dirt rider

Oddometer: 2,261

I can't say that I don't like horses because I've never eaten one.

I have never seen so many horses in one place and all of them trying to walk down the road in front of us.

Thanks Eddy! It was a fun weekend with great routes. I hope everybody made it down I17 OK. BigE warned me so I skipped the traffic jam and went home via Payson.

-dod
Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #130
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

A Special Thank goes to Tom "DirtKlod" he made this ride easy to manage in so many ways in fact I was wondering how tough could that be without a chase truck. Cheers Tom and thanks for your patience.

DR650SEDDY screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 10:54 AM
DR650SEDDY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #131
MrGoldfish
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 481
I can't wait for the full report!
MrGoldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #132
sandwash
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,270
And some pics!
Old 06-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #133
DurtKlod
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,319
Thanks guys for the appreciation. Since nobody really crashed or needed a remote extraction, my job was pretty easy. I drove just over 600 miles as chase truck from 6 a.m. Saturday morning to 10:30 p.m. Sunday night and loved pretty much every minute of it. I've got a lot of pics (all from the chase truck perspective) but since it was Eddys ride, it's his honor to start the RR.

I took these as a precaution and nobody ended up needing them so in my opinion, it was a FANTASTIC weekend...

DurtKlod screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 12:46 PM
DurtKlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:45 PM   #134
FOF2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewilly View Post
I would like to Thank Eddy for organizing the ride! Monumental Effort - I know that is a challenge to plan and we had a diverse group of great riders! The front 7 group of riders were tearing it up all day 1 (thank goodness that is the only way I could find the trail when the dust cleared sometimes). The four of us bringing up the rear kept each other company and enjoyed the scenery!

I have to make this brief for now but day 1 put some accelerated wear on the F8 it handled it like a champ.

Day 2 FOF2 and I decided to forego the scheduled route for multiple reasons and we rode Rt 66 to Williams and down to Camp Verde via Perikinsville Rd.

Special thanks to DurtKlod for the chase truck and to DRDFBLACK for providing a place for me to crash Sat night in Flagstafff.

It was great to meet the majority of you and I had a great time. I plan to go back and do the Day 2 route in the future.

Back to work for now!
What he said. Thanks, guys. Ewilly forgot to mention the single/two track detour we took off the Perkinsvllle road that dumped us onto 89A south a little south of Jerome. Highlight of the detour was a Ford pickup completely off the downhill side of the trail at a very severe angle--looked like it would roll on down the hill if you breathed on it. Hard to believe that some guy could get his pickup so far along the trail--harder still to see how he's going to get it out.

FOF2 screwed with this post 06-24-2013 at 12:55 PM
FOF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #135
DR650SEDDY OP
ride2discover

Quote:
Originally Posted by DurtKlod View Post
Thanks guys for the appreciation.. I've got a lot of pics (all from the chase truck perspective) but since it was Eddys ride, it's his honor to start the RR.

Thanks Tom, the R.R. started here :
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...7#post21716447
So go ahead and add on it whatever.