Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 09:57 PM   #1
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Oddometer: 9,723
Alright...Which one of you FFs was it? (Texas Edition)

I have always enjoyed the "Spotted: that was YOU!" thread, and have posted in it, a few times. However, it is (pretty-much) MS-centric. So, my Texas sightings have never really gotten a lotta' play.

I do a lotta' driving, in and around San Antone, and see a bunch of bikes. Whenever I see a Roundel, KTM, KLR, or Super Ten, I'm always kinda' curious if it's someone from here. So, I opted to start this thread.

I'll probably be the only one posting in it. But, that's okay. I'm used to being on the periphery.

Here goes...

Today (05-15-13), pulling outta' South Park Mall, fighting the traffic that was caused by an accident on Zarzamora @ IH-35.

You were on a ~2010 KTM 990R. It had panniers.

I watched you do the turnaround, under the overpass, and zip up the northbound access road.

Anyone here?

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Mods,

If this thread is considered redundant, please nuke it.

"There's a WEALTH of cool people and knowledge on ADV, there's also a decent sized pocket of douche bag assholes that think their ADV forum Post Count (Oddometer) is their badge at being experienced riders." goodcat8
Old 05-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
hgulledge
Adventurer-of-sorts

Oddometer: 1,276
I know what you mean. I gave the secret sign to some ff who passed me on the Broadway on-ramp to west 410. It happened so fast, I didn't get the bike info, but he had the FYYFF decal. I don't think the fraternal intent was clear at first.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Mr. Gulledge

Did you make the Beer Night, Monday? I wasn't able to.

I'm SURE everyone missed me.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #5
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Today (05-17-13), cruisin' down 410 East, between Blanco Road and McCulloch. You mighta' been exiting unto 281. It was about 12:15 (lunchtime).

You mighta' also noticed the NEISD Police cruiser that was in our vicinity.

I believe you were on a new V-Strom Adventure...burnt orange, maybe(?).

I was the guy who rode past on a blue Super Ten.

Anyone?

Old 05-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Today (05-21-13), on Wurzbach Road, pulling away from IH-10, headed in the direction of Vance Jackson/Lockhill-Selma. It was about 2:45 PM

You were on a Super Tenere. I believe it was the Charcoal color. I think it had the Yamaha top box.

I was the guy on the black KLR, riding in the opposite direction. We both waved.

Anyone?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #7
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,251
I was in San Antonio for a month and didn't see too many "adventure bikes". Maybe a couple of beemers and a few KLRs. Lots of cruisers. I didn't even see the twin coppers riding side by side on 1604 that I usually see. I did meet a black guy with a BMW at the YMCA that just moved to the west side of S.A. Super nice guy. I forgot his name? I told him about this site. Tell him I said hi if any of you come across him................I think his name is Ron Johnson? From Cincinatti.

exoff-roadgoat screwed with this post 05-23-2013 at 08:59 AM
exoff-roadgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #8
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Today (05-27-13), woodland camo Ural ("Patrol", maybe?), parked in the corner of the lot at "Chris Madrid's". It was about 2:45 PM, when I happened by.

Anyone here?

*I saw your post, the other day, eo-rg. If I run-into that gentleman, I'll say, "Hi". Thanks for posting. I was getting a little lonely.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:21 PM   #9
tslaw
aged n00b

Oddometer: 2,623
kinda Texas

Met the nicest couple today near Clinton, Ms. They were riding their BMWs from Houston, Tx to Nashville, Tn - doing the Natchez Trace. Didn't get their names but could tell they were having a grand time.
tslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:41 PM   #10
dfwscotty
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,256
Just moved to Sanger from a few miles away a couple months ago.

I keep seeing a couple of 12 GS's zipping by the house, just curious if they lurk here.

1999 BMW 1100GS
2012 Kawasaki Concours
dfwscotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #11
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,174
Maybe the d00d's from Floriduh!

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #12
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Today (06-03-13), parked on the sidewalk of St. Mary's Street (downtown). Your bike was on the westside of the street, somewhere between the Holiday Inn Riverwalk and Houston Street, parked next to a red/black CBR of some sort. It was about 4:00 pm, when I saw your bike (The CBR is there almost everyday.)

Your bike was a newer KLR...maybe black and maroon. It had the black rims, and was a very nice lookin' ride. It also appeared to have some "Happy Trails" goodies on it.

Anyone?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #13
Buzztail
NMBBMFBK

Oddometer: 10,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
Maybe the d00d's from Floriduh!
More research is needed to be sure
Originally Posted by Mugwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzztail
You shoulda told me to do this a long time ago
My bad
Buzztail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM   #14
iphorde
Obviously I'm bored.

Oddometer: 773
Did it look like this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARRIORPRINCEJJ View Post
I have always enjoyed the "Spotted: that was YOU!" thread, and have posted in it, a few times. However, it is (pretty-much) MS-centric. So, my Texas sightings have never really gotten a lotta' play.

I do a lotta' driving, in and around San Antone, and see a bunch of bikes. Whenever I see a Roundel, KTM, KLR, or Super Ten, I'm always kinda' curious if it's someone from here. So, I opted to start this thread.

I'll probably be the only one posting in it. But, that's okay. I'm used to being on the periphery.

Here goes...

Today (05-15-13), pulling outta' South Park Mall, fighting the traffic that was caused by an accident on Zarzamora @ IH-35.

You were on a ~2010 KTM 990R. It had panniers.

I watched you do the turnaround, under the overpass, and zip up the northbound access road.

Anyone here?

I ride ORANGE bike's and a Gasser...

Disclaimer: Don't take me seriously, because I don't....
iphorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
WARRIORPRINCEJJ OP
Not in the clique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iphorde View Post
Did it look like this one?

*snip*

Why, yes it did, indeed.

Was that you?