ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
Eagles Nest Dual-Sport Ride for wounded warriors ( Northern Illinois)

Alright here is the low down on this event. On Aug. 3rd the American Legion is having their Annual Sauerkraut Day Supper which started in 1913, in addition there will also be a car and bike show going on at the Forreston Grade School. This we will our 1st year attempting an organized ride to raise money for wounded soldier's returning home. This will not be a poker (bar hopping) run instead we will be making stops at business’s, dead end roads and points of interests.

At these stops we will have important dates in American history written down on a yellow ribbon and when you return back to Forreston Grade School turn in your form (we supply) and get a raffle ticket for every date wrote down. Then sit back grab a brat or hot dog load it up with Sauerkraut and hope your lucky number comes up. This is not a race or a group ride, that being said we will have a couple bikes going out at different times that know the route and you can follow them. Northern Illinois has some of the best gravel roads around and it has been hard to keep the ride miles down because of all the great roads and because of this we may have two routes. One for those who may get a late start and one with a bit more miles. Registration will begin at 7am with the 1st bike out at 8am last bike out at 9am.

All proceeds go to helping wounded soldiers. The cost is $25.00 (includes meal @ Sauerkraut Dinner & ride decal).

This is a big bike friendly ride that will take you past an Eagles nest or two. There will be a creek crossing hopefully two. 80% of the ride will be gravel roads. *Prize Drawings to be held following the ride and there will be a GPS Bonus Treasure Hunt Prize.

http://ilpgmemorialwall.com/
The Illinois Fallen Heroes Traveling Memorial Wall will be at the Eagle Nest Dual Sport Ride. There will be a 50/50 raffle, gun raffle and raffle prizes that day to benefit Veterans and the Wounded Warrior Project. Please come out and enjoy a brat or hot dog with Sauerkraut check out the cool cars and Bikes, explore the great back roads of Northern Illinois on the Dual-Sport Ride, support the Veterans and most importantly honor those brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
Thank you!

Any Questions contact Rod Lipman trlipman@gmail.com (Flyers are available upon request)

Chumps1 screwed with this post 07-23-2013 at 11:25 AM
Chumps1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #2
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

Here is a list of some of the sponsors that donated prizes for the raffle:

BMW Motorcycles of Countryside
State Farm--- Ted Fritz
Don's repair
Douglas & Frye Motorsports
Freeport Cycle and Machine
Eastland Motorsports
Freeport Honda Kawasaki
Friedenbach & Associates
Team Triumph
Tucker Rocky
Cyclenutz.com
Gina's BMW

Chumps1 screwed with this post 07-02-2013 at 10:47 AM
Old 05-26-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
justdirtyfun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 282
Hi can we get a general idea of miles on your routes? I love the cause but don't expect to make it. Talk me into it.
justdirtyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

I believe that the route is around 120 - 150 miles. I'll have to double check the map. There are some nice gravel roads. We should have a creek crossing ( weather permitting) and there is an unmaintained road section that is pretty fun.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #5
S3bird
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
I got the flyer on my desk and plan on doing it. (I did some of the route last summer)
S3bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
little john
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,036
hey guys looks like a very cool event! is it set up for thumpers or is it big bike/ 2 up friendly? we have our DS this coming weekend if you shoot me a flyer I'll print some up and help get the word out for ya. get it to me by tuesday noon because I leave wed morning to go do final set up and an lucky if I have cell coverage on my flip phone much less interwebs connections there. hope to hear from ya. little john.
bigwoods200@hotmail.com
little john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #7
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

LittleJohn, That would be great. It is both big bike and thumped friendly. As far as 2 up, 90% can be done and you could probably go around the rough stuff. I'm in St Louis right now. I'll get a flyer coming to ya. Thanks again.

Chumps
Old 06-02-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
little john
Beastly Adventurer

cool on the flyer soon! hope I can split way with the wife and the big bike or by myself with the little husky puppy
Old 06-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #9
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

We got three new sponsors to add to the list.

Team Triumph
Tucker Rocky
Cyclenutz.com
Old 06-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #10
little john
Beastly Adventurer

posted some flyers at our ride last weekend and gave it a shout out at the riders meeting, I hope it helped let guys know! looks like a great ride supporting a very worthy cause.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #11
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

Thanks Little John, Any little bit helps. It is a great cause and should be a great ride!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 AM   #12
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

Was just checking the route, looks like it will be a fun ride
Old 07-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #13
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

Were getting a lot of responses, Should be a great turn out. Hope to see you there!
Old 07-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
Chumps1 OP
Adventurer

http://ilpgmemorialwall.com/
The Illinois Fallen Heroes Traveling Memorial Wall will be at the American Legion Sauerkraut Day event in Forreston Il. On Aug. 3 as well as a Car and Bike show and the Eagle Nest Dual Sport Ride. There will be a 50/50 raffle, gun raffle and raffle prizes that day to benefit Veterans and the Wounded Warrior Project. Please come out and enjoy a brat or hot dog with Sauerkraut check out the cool cars and Bikes, explore the great back roads of Northern Illinois on the Dual-Sport Ride (cars welcome), support the Veterans and most importantly honor those brave men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
Monty_Burns
Excellent.

Oddometer: 1,278
Reminder Bump

Next weekend! (August 3, 2013)
Monty_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote