ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2014, 12:03 AM   #1
Alarm OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
1190 OEM Aux Light mounting (Images)

Hello ! In brief, if someone has the OEM Aux lights, please do some images of the mounting points

In detail, I am interested in installing some AUX lights on my KTM 1190. I am trying to fit the lights somewhere high but not to place them also to vulnerable spot.

I have seen that there are two options. SW-Motech, which they extent too far out of the bike and the OEM ones.

Since i have understood that they OEM Mounting comes only with the AUX lights, which i am not interested, could someone please post some detailed images of the mounting point of the OEM Aux lights ?

Maybe that is a task i can do on my own after all and install the lights of my preference.

PS. The image was taken from http://www.advrider.com/forums/showp...3&postcount=18
Alarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:09 AM   #2
paidoutcomes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
If the OEM lights don't interest you, I have seen a few post of some badass light bars that fit between the forks and could light a runway if need be.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:55 AM   #3
Alarm OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paidoutcomes View Post
If the OEM lights don't interest you, I have seen a few post of some badass light bars that fit between the forks and could light a runway if need be.
Hello. The question is where the lightbar is going to mount, how far they are going to light and the negative also that i cannot put them to light where i want them.

I am more interested in "normal" aux lights :)
Old 11-10-2014, 03:20 AM   #4
Gustavo.Ramos
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 883
Quote:
I'm into it!

Raid de L'Amitié 2011 RR (link)
690R
Gustavo.Ramos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:05 AM   #5
ZeZeZoom
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
I want to install a pair of Crearwater Darla LED lights in my 1190 Adventure.
I was told not to mount them attached to the upper part of the fork tubes (as I intended to, initially) because they could get damaged in the event of the front suspension bottoming out completely.
I was advised to have them mounted attached to those exact threads shown in the picture you posted, which is where the KTM PowerParts LED lights are attached (in the absence of crash bars).
Upon completion of the installation I will post some pictures. Installation will be completed by the end of the current week, hopefully.
ZeZeZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
paidoutcomes
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarm View Post
Hello. The question is where the lightbar is going to mount, how far they are going to light and the negative also that i cannot put them to light where i want them.

I am more interested in "normal" aux lights :)
The lightbar posts show the lightbars mounted up by the fairing in between the forks. Seems like they are out of the way well enough. The light output depends on your wallet thickness. Like I said, you can light a runway if you can afford it and your alternator can handle it!

Normal 3" spot lights can be very good as well. Price and output seem to be a direct relationship on these as well.

Good luck with your search and post up some night shots when you get them installed.
Old 11-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #7
Alarm OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
The lightbar posts show the lightbars mounted up by the fairing in between the forks. Seems like they are out of the way well enough. The light output depends on your wallet thickness. Like I said, you can light a runway if you can afford it and your alternator can handle it!

Normal 3" spot lights can be very good as well. Price and output seem to be a direct relationship on these as well.

Good luck with your search and post up some night shots when you get them installed.

Well i need some images first (Thus this topic) of how the OEM mounting are so that i can create something similar. The position is neat. The SW Motech are good alternative but as i already said they extend too far outside.