Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #16
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Great write up guys!

I am leaning heavily towards the 1190 as my next bike. The only thing holding me back is the looks

I think the R model looks a million times better, but I don't need 21/18 wheels for my riding as my 690 will take care of that bit. I have been toying with the idea of getting the R and have a 2nd set of sm wheels for it.

Dealers are running out of stock so I need decide quickly
go see in flesh and sit on it . its very different then pictures
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #17
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer: 232
Sorry about the pics, guys. photobucket has curbed my account.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:16 AM   #18
Bundu
===============

Oddometer: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoteEddie View Post
Great write up guys!

I am leaning heavily towards the 1190 as my next bike. The only thing holding me back is the looks

I think the R model looks a million times better, but I don't need 21/18 wheels for my riding as my 690 will take care of that bit. I have been toying with the idea of getting the R and have a 2nd set of sm wheels for it.

Dealers are running out of stock so I need decide quickly
would be cheaper doing a paint job on the non-R
Bundu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #19
Czechthisout
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
would be cheaper doing a paint job on the non-R
Picked up my machine last Friday. Put 500km on it so far, and I cant wait to have the 1k servis done so I can open it up wide.

Im not a fan of the looks either, not the front part anyway, but the bike does what it suppose to in such excellent style, that it makes you forgive it. Just to add a bit of flare, I put the orange rosetta on it. Now Im just waiting for jell seats and 3 piece luggae, and Im set for the rest of the season.

This bike has raised my riding to a whole new level, so if your a sceptic - like I was -, go and test it, Im quite sure that you wont be dissapointed!
Czechthisout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #20
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechthisout View Post
Picked up my machine last Friday. Put 500km on it so far, and I cant wait to have the 1k servis done so I can open it up wide.

Im not a fan of the looks either, not the front part anyway, but the bike does what it suppose to in such excellent style, that it makes you forgive it. Just to add a bit of flare, I put the orange rosetta on it. Now Im just waiting for jell seats and 3 piece luggae, and Im set for the rest of the season.

This bike has raised my riding to a whole new level, so if your a sceptic - like I was -, go and test it, Im quite sure that you wont be dissapointed!
definetly
+1
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #21
Gillberg375
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:

I just traded my 09 v strom so to me the bike has super model looks
Gillberg375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #22
Bundu
===============

Quote:

I've got the grey non-R version - I was just commenting on the person who like the look of the R but did not want the 21" wheel, to get a non-R and have it painted - will be cheaper than getting a wheel and changing electronics
Old 07-04-2013, 03:12 AM   #23
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundu View Post
I've got the grey non-R version - I was just commenting on the person who like the look of the R but did not want the 21" wheel, to get a non-R and have it painted - will be cheaper than getting a wheel and changing electronics
There are not too many differences really . If you put the bike near to each other and get infront of them. You only will see the R version is taller and got smaller screen . Also large 21" wheel. The other things all the same I don't know what people talking about . And yes the colour and the paint is different but grey one is lovely colour for me some people like the orange tastes are different person to person. At least they are not blue like GS :)
Old 07-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #24
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
Great review - bought it

Great bike, I own one now and so excited to take for a longer run.

Yes the seat is hard but still comfy. v

Yes there seems to be some heat on left side making your leg warm

Yes the indicator lights take some getting use to

The bike is responsive with incredible pick up.

I bought the bike because of performance, the orange look and the reliability. Its also light and agile.

Happy riding all
Babatad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 11:05 PM   #25
paturoa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
Also large 21" wheel.
Both wheels are different.

The std is 120/70 19 front and 170/60 17 rear. The R is 90/90 21 and 150/70 ZR 18.

Front forks and rear shocks are also quite different. The only other significant difference not mentioned above is the seat, where the R is 1 piece and is more comfortable.
paturoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #26
Bundu
===============

Quote:
Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
Both wheels are different.

The std is 120/70 19 front and 170/60 17 rear. The R is 90/90 21 and 150/70 ZR 18.

Front forks and rear shocks are also quite different. The only other significant difference not mentioned above is the seat, where the R is 1 piece and is more comfortable.
....and, AFAIK, the R does not have the EDS options - suspension setting is manual
Old 07-05-2013, 02:14 AM   #27
PPiA
Pete

Oddometer: 1,181

1190 Adventure R differences

1. Wheelsize: The Adventure R has a 21" front wheel and 18" rear wheel as opposed to the 19/17 on the Adventure. The exact dimensions are 2.50 x 21" / 4.50 x 18". Both versions feature KTM's new spoked wheels with tubeless rims.

2. Suspension: Both bikes feature WP fully-adjustable suspension front and rear however the R version's travel is increased at the front and rear from 190mm to 220mm. Due to the taller suspension, the ground clearance is also increased on the 1190 Adventure R. It sits at 250mm, compared to 220mm on the 1190 Adventure. Most of the 1190 Adventures coming into the UK will feature EDS.

3. Screen: The screen on the Adventure R is shorter but it's still height adjustable.

4. Handlebars: The bars on the Adventure R are wider to allow greater leverage The steering head angle remains the same 64-degrees on both bikes.

5. Crash Bars: The Adventure R feature's KTM's crash bars as standard, for greater protection. These can be fitted to the standard Adventure.

6. Seat: The 1190 Adventure R features a one-piece seat as opposed to the Ergo seat on the 1190 Adventure. Due to the longer-travel suspension, the seat height on the Adventure R is fixed at 890mm whereas the seat height on the 1190 Adventure is 860mm at its lowest but adjustable up to 875mm.

7. Weight: The Adveture R weighs 5kg more than the Adventure. The larger rims and crash bars mean the 1190 Adventure R tips the scales at 217kg wet but without fuel.

8. Wheelbase & Trail: Although the steering head angle remains the same for both bikes, the taller suspension and larger wheels on the R contribute towards altering the trail and the wheelbase. The front wheel spindle is set directly in-line with the fork on the Adventure but slightly further forward on the Adventure R. The trail on the Adventure is 120mm and the wheelbase is 1560mm but on the Adventure R the trail is 108mm and the wheelbase is 1580mm.

9. Graphics: You'd be forgiven for thinking the front bodywork on the Adventure R is slimmer than the Adventure but the Adventure R's the light-coloured tank and graphics finish alters the bike's look. The bodywork is the same but the one-piece seat and two-tone paint makes the R look slimmer.

10. Price: The 1190 Adventure has a recommended retail price of 12,595 but with the 'Electronics Package' it'll cost 13,095. The 1190 Adventure R is priced at 13,195.

http://www.visordown.com/features/di...r/22299-2.html
PPiA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #28
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Left side temp

Is there anyway to reduce the heat on the left side of bike. It's a bit annoying especially riding in 30+ temperature?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #29
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babatad View Post
Is there anyway to reduce the heat on the left side of bike. It's a bit annoying especially riding in 30+ temperature?
This was discussed before I guess some people actually was putting heat shelds under the seat. If it helps .
Old 07-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #30
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
This was discussed before I guess some people actually was putting heat shelds under the seat. If it helps .
Thanks Tancakar.