Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #31
Dearnla
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babatad View Post
Is there anyway to reduce the heat on the left side of bike. It's a bit annoying especially riding in 30+ temperature?
Not a problem here in England.....
Dearnla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:45 AM   #32
Davy F
Pro Goolie Fiddler

Oddometer: 238
Touratwat should have one ready for 2014..........
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #33
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 114
I've been riding on Road mode. Is the difference significant when changed to Sport mode?

Also the clicking sound from engine was something I wasn't use to. Thought I was in the wrong gear.

Temp gauge had 5 bars lit up, I'm in 33c heat when riding so I think it's normal.

Any similar experiences?
Babatad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:36 AM   #34
AdvIvan
Rock on!

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
I've been riding on Road mode. Is the difference significant when changed to Sport mode?
The manual state that the SPORT mode allows the back wheel to spin/slip a little more than in ROAD mode. My experience is that it also accellerates faster, a lot faster, and you can pop a low and short power wheelie at least in 1st and 2nd. In SPORT mode it is fairly easy to lose traction in the wet, but it seams to be more or less impossible when leaning. The engineers did it good!
AdvIvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #35
Czechthisout
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Pissed

Quote:
Great bike, I own one now and so excited to take for a longer run.

Yes the seat is hard but still comfy. v

Yes there seems to be some heat on left side making your leg warm

Yes the indicator lights take some getting use to

The bike is responsive with incredible pick up.

I bought the bike because of performance, the orange look and the reliability. Its also light and agile.

Happy riding all
My feeling is exactly the same. When I came back from the test ride, and mentioned the indicator switch, the dealer looked at me like I was from mars or something. Nonetheless, its one of those things a rider notices. Its not a deal-breaker, but just something to wish for.

I ordered the new heated gel seats. Should get them in a weeks time, so Im hoping they will make a difference in the rear category. Anybody got experience with those yeat?
What about a taller screen? Wanted one, but I didnt like the fact that it came only in the smoked variety
Czechthisout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 02:26 PM   #36
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
I think around the forum I saw someone had gel seat but I never used it. Well it's looks like I am not going to need heated seat as the seat heats up by the engine .
Tancakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #37
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 359
Cool2 It's not a bike, it's a bullet!

Hi all

I recently bought myself the 1190 Adventure R as well(2nd hand... with 700k's!)after reading through the blog a few times and seeing a few nice pics. It didn't take much convincing
I used to have a Super Tenere about 20 years ago and haven't ridden a proper bike since then, boy was I in for a time warp! What a bullet it this is! I actually can't describe what it is like when shifting up from 3rd, everything just becomes a blur and I'm just trying to hang on

Bought the bike in Germany and had two days to make it to destination in Spain!! In other words: 1800km's in two days so it was a serious endurance test on my first date!...it was a bit crazy to say the least but I had no choice due to my job. I made it with no time to spare boarding the ferry in Barcelona.

The first 400k's in Germany started with serious thick rain...ugh. After 200k's my arms where soaked so had to find a bike store and buy some proper foulies and another screen to mount on top off the shorter R version screen, the latter one doesn't cut it on the highway. This made the ride much better and at least kept the rain of my visor but still had to duck down a bit to stay out of the turbulence. Ordered the larger screen so now I should be hearing the exhaust and not the wind.
In the rain the bike feels very stable, safe and lots of grip from the tires on the on and off ramps. Guess the rain setting has something to do with it?
I kept a steady 130-140 on the fast German highway although the GPS showed 10k's less.
Just over the border in Switserland the sun came out, the roads dried and I knew I bought myself a big gem... My experience on bikes of this caliber is limited but it makes me feel like Jorge Lorenzo, no kidding. You just can't hold back and drive normally on this bike! In the long bends it's sticks like chewing gum and the hairpins it feels like your on rails. There's just not enough hairpins in Swiss for it:))
No wonder the previous owner got emotional when he had to say goodbye....

...lights out for now. More later.
ps. Can anybody explain how to attached a pic?
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:01 PM   #38
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Hi all

I recently bought myself the 1190 Adventure R as well(2nd hand... with 700k's!)after reading through the blog a few times and seeing a few nice pics. It didn't take much convincing
I used to have a Super Tenere about 20 years ago and haven't ridden a proper bike since then, boy was I in for a time warp! What a bullet it this is! I actually can't describe what it is like when shifting up from 3rd, everything just becomes a blur and I'm just trying to hang on
He sold it to you after 700k's and was emotional?
Sounds like a forced sale for him and great deal for you. Congrats. What colour did you get? Also struggling with loading pics.

I'm also trying to work out why and how to change the favourites page - I have two lines indicating the same thing "ride mode street"
Old 07-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #39
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

for loading images go to ;

imageshack.us

copy the link says ; "direct link to image"
in this forum press "insert image"
the window comes up erase anything on it.
and paste your link to that window.

you got the image !

this is my bike just save a moment i though the bricks on the back ground looked nice :)

Old 07-14-2013, 05:26 AM   #40
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Nice pic. Good background.

Trying to login to set up account - site is probably being serviced. Pretty slow. Thanks !
Old 07-14-2013, 08:10 AM   #41
Viajaendl
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsica101 View Post
Hi all

Bought the bike in Germany and had two days to make it to destination in Spain!! In other words: 1800km's in two days so it was a serious endurance test on my first date!...it was a bit crazy to say the least but I had no choice due to my job. I made it with no time to spare boarding the ferry in Barcelona.

The first 400k's in Germany started with serious thick rain...ugh. After 200k's my arms where soaked so had to find a bike store and buy some proper foulies and another screen to mount on top off the shorter R version screen, the latter one doesn't cut it on the highway. This made the ride much better and at least kept the rain of my visor but still had to duck down a bit to stay out of the turbulence. Ordered the larger screen so now I should be hearing the exhaust and not the wind.
In the rain the bike feels very stable, safe and lots of grip from the tires on the on and off ramps. Guess the rain setting has something to do with it?
I kept a steady 130-140 on the fast German highway although the GPS showed 10k's less.
Just over the border in Switserland the sun came out, the roads dried and I knew I bought myself a big gem... My experience on bikes of this caliber is limited but it makes me feel like Jorge Lorenzo, no kidding. You just can't hold back and drive normally on this bike! In the long bends it's sticks like chewing gum and the hairpins it feels like your on rails. There's just not enough hairpins in Swiss for it:))
No wonder the previous owner got emotional when he had to say goodbye....

...lights out for now. More later.
ps. Can anybody explain how to attached a pic?
Congrats for your bike!!!

Could you tell us L/100 in your short trip?
Viajaendl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:30 PM   #42
Czechthisout
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viajaendl View Post
Congrats for your bike!!!

Could you tell us L/100 in your short trip?
I got 1k on my bike and avg. is 6l/100km. But when riding economically on backroads, I managed 5.2L. In the city its so hard not to have fun once the light turns green
Old 07-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #43
Tancakar OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czechthisout View Post
I got 1k on my bike and avg. is 6l/100km. But when riding economically on backroads, I managed 5.2L. In the city its so hard not to have fun once the light turns green
i am assuming this figure is one up and no panniers :) because i do city ride with two up paniers full
7.8l/100 but it is london traffic so its normal ;)
Old 07-15-2013, 06:54 AM   #44
Babatad
Gnarly Adventurer

Honestly I'm not too worried about the mileage - more the fun from the output of this bike that is most important. I was told the economy is reasonable and the fun is extraordinary - I think that's pretty on the money. :)

Wouldn't ride this bike to save fuel it will detract from what the engine can do but that's just my pov.
Old 07-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #45
Czechthisout
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancakar View Post
i am assuming this figure is one up and no panniers :) because i do city ride with two up paniers full
7.8l/100 but it is london traffic so its normal ;)
7.8! Im going have to tell my girlfriend to loose weight
Im sure the paniers make a difference, they are exactly aerodynamic. But I also bought them for their carrying capacity, so I cant complain.