Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 02:28 AM   #1
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,261
Ask Woody about new Superlite/Superlaced wire wheels for Liquid cooled R1200 GS/GSA

NEW!!! SUPERLITE 21/17 or 19/17 wire Wheels for Liquid Cooled 2013 BMW R12GS/GSA

Woody's Superlite Hubs & Superlaced in stock sizes or with 21" Front

A huge Thanks to Pat, who dropped off his bike this week to allow us to get all measurements and figure it out.

Big Ups to Zach for figuring it out 21'' front and pulling it together with the assistance of Jerod who laced and trued the rear

Woody just came back from the before n after test rides with the biggest grin on his face

Photos below, info and explanations by Woody to follow.

Folks,,this bike is such an iprovement over EVERYTHING BMW hsa ever put out in the GS series,,its is as big a leap over the R1200 GS as that bike was over all Previous GS series..and i mean ALL

it has so many nifty features,,,and seat in pants improvements in POWER!!! and Handling..it simply ROCKS in that department

i'll post more on that later...Question begged to be answered: "can i gain more versatility especially off road like i did with my previous 21'' Superlite/Superlaced set ups???? "

soooo,,,with Zach n Jerods assistance we laced up a set of 21/17 wheel set sets..

NOTE: wit 90/90 x21 front and 150/70x17 rear,,the bike made it up n down the centerstand with plenty of room to swap tires. as you'll see rear tire clearance is same as original ,,,the front ate up some clearance BUT will easily accept a higher fender with a slight brake line re-location kit...I hate X-over set ups like this and the 800GS or Yamahas big 1200 Super Tenere...hence slightly longer dual lines are in order....

here's my gang for an ATTABOY/GAL shot that's Jerod who did the rear,,Jil who coordinated the process and Zach on the front...yours truly will figure out /design the appropriate interface for my Superlite hubs and TCS/ABS system disc and how/where to mount it on my hubs,,gotta get moving ..Monday and the the promised return date are rolling up fast....

NOTE: from the git go this machine will make ya want to trade in any previous GS you've owned....i could live with it as is AND although PLANTED and SUPPLE a 19'' front still has the feeling of riding over marbles in the dirt....would a 21 with knobbies be a performance addition...
after testing...YES in the dirt and no on the slab....the 19/17 combo with street threads simply works better than ever...the 21/17 begs for a steering damper...it tracks straight and true AND feels skittish,,,the TKC80s droned and felt skittish..wheras my R1200GS with same essential combo has a Rallye-raid 3'' rise multi dimensional/adjustabel dampener on it...and THAT has brought on major confidence inspired riding...like being on a rail....

thats it folks ,,pass the word....
WOODY
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W

Last edited by woody's wheel works; Today at 03:09 AM.

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 05-21-2013 at 01:41 PM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,261
ABS sensor ring figured ,,,designed , fabricated and tested today!!!!

Well,,actually it was yesterday morning,,,pigswill e downloaded shortly....

Essentially,,,I had the AH ha...to go back n check the number of slots in the abs ring,,,the new smaller diameter ring has 48 slots,,,checked 2005-2012 abs ring ,,,Voila. It has 48 too!!!WOW,,no need to build complicated adapters ,,,all I need to do is move the existing pick. Up sensor out to the centerline of the older rings diameter...

A little measuring,, and I had a working prototype...

Now the proof is in a test ride...VOILA!!!! as figured it worked perfectly...

Best part ..Pieter deWaal BMW's former head of the Americasbike division cruised by for all chat regarding our participation in Jim Hydes Rawhyde ADV LIFE program....

He too was impressed I even let him ride my old Monzter 21/18 off-road special...

More to follow,,holler if you are interested

Woody
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote