User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #1
IBRiding OP
Blue Sky Black Death

Oddometer: 549
Spain Barcelona Loop 2013

As promised here is my ride report from the two week trip we just complete to Spain. I am not one to write in great detail so this will just be some of the highlights of the places we seen. We started planning this trip about a year ago after meeting Sergio in Arizona. He was only in AZ for about a year before he went back home but we got some great rides in that time. So it was decided that Paul, Jack and myself would meet Sergio in May for a couple weeks of riding and sight seeing. Here is us together just outside of Barcelona. Jack is on the far left followed by Paul myself and Sergio

Sergio put a lot of effort into planning a route that would allow us to maximize the time we had to see many really cool locations. I can’t thank him enough for putting the trip plan together, thanks buddy!!!! This was my first trip to Europe and will be one to remember. All the maps and details that I am using were made by Sergio so I wanted to make sure that he gets the credit.

Day one.

After picking up the all the G650GS at IMTBIKE we were off to ride. I would like to say some kind words for the guys at IMTBIKE. The bikes were ready as promised and everyone there was very friendly. The bikes ran flawlessly with one minor exception that you will see later and we had no extra hidden costs when we returned them. I would definitely use them again. Here was the ride for today.

We rode about 195kms along Barcelona’s north coastal roads to Santa Pau.

Here is us stopped for gas and some of shots of the coast.

Day 2

Today we will ride on the south side of the Pyrenees mountains with deep valleys and mountain roads.

Here is some shots of the area

Here is some pictures of Santa Pau

And some food

Day 3

Today we are seeing the Monasterio de Fuente de Piedra and then staying at the town of Albarracin.

Monasterio de Fuente de Piedra Is a Natural garden with many waterfalls and is a must see if in the area.

The hotel was super cool and we were the only 4 guests.

And some shots of the area by the hotel

Day 4

Today we are beautiful small backcountry roads and cross the Cuenca mountains. From here we go to Toledo.

Sorry, I was slacking today and didn’t take any shots of Toledo or the hotel.

Day 5 and 6

Rode to a small town close to Malaga where we spent a couple of nights at Sergio parents home.

The area is gorgeous and Sergio’s parents and brothers could not have been kinder. Sergio, please thank them again for their hospitality.

Day 7

Today we are riding to Granada and we are visiting the Alhambra and the Genera life's Gardens then ending the day near Aguadulce.

The area is full of history.

Day 8

Today we are riding along the coast ending up at San Pedro del Pińata.

Day 9 and 10

Continue along the Med to Valencia.

From here we spent 2 days at Sergio’s place where we saw Valencia. I did not have the camera but Valencia is a very beautiful and clean city which is not to be missed. Jack and Paul took many pictures so maybe they might have some to share.

We did meet some of Sergio’s friends at the bar and had a great time. Don’t think we got back until 2am and had more than my share of beer and shots. Let me tell you that people in Spain sure know how to have fun.

I think it was on the way to Valencia that I had a little problem with my clutch cable:

But no worries, Sergio had a fix in minutes.

Days 11 and 12.

Jack, Paul and myself set off for Barcelona on our own and thanks to Paul’s navigation skills we had no problems getting settled back in Barcelona. We went downtown via the bus and had dinner and walked the area. Again sorry no pictures but it was getting pretty late and we got to see the downtown area.

We had to find the bike rental location in the morning to drop off the bikes and it proved to be a little challenging. Barcelona is a huge city and the streets in Spain are not on a grid like in Phoenix. We stopped at a auto mechanic shop and Paul asked the guy for directions and they guy was super cool. It seems like he is a fellow motorcyclist and insisted on leading us to the rental shop himself. It was a good thing as well as he couldn’t find it himself without asking a taxi driver as well.

Overall I had a great time and would go back to Spain in a heart beat.

Bill
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
AzTinBender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Beautiful!!!

Looks like everyone had a great time. The pictures are incredible. I'm sure it was even more beautiful in person.
How did you fix the clutch cable?
AzTinBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #3
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,656
Great report. I have had the good fortune of visiting alot of European cities and after visiting Barcelona last May, it is on the top 3 list of cities over the pond. Cool people and great food and wine. Plus beautiful countryside, what else could you want.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
IBRiding OP
Blue Sky Black Death

Oddometer: 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTinBender View Post
Looks like everyone had a great time. The pictures are incredible. I'm sure it was even more beautiful in person.
How did you fix the clutch cable?
Sergio had a kit that had all the material necessary to make a new cable. It wasn't perfect but worked fine.
IBRiding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
AzTinBender
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Wow, he really does think of everything!
AzTinBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #6
750Volts!
The M0ds here suck!

Oddometer: 441
Nice job Bill, you put this together rather nicely. Looking forward to our next adventure. I think we need to do an ATeam style prep job on Loren like they did on BA for the next one though.
750Volts! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:52 AM   #7
Abraxas
The last one

Oddometer: 78
I'm glad you liked Spain, certeanly you visited very beautiful cities here, Granada, Toledo, Cuenca...

There are many more waiting for your next visit, I will be happy to show you, or any other welcome to come, our back roads, history and food

Good trip, thaks for sharing
Abraxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #8
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,156
Very Nice

Great job on the RR,

Sergio is a good guy and I enjoyed meeting him the day I did. He also picked up my tail pack when I lost it on Bloody Basin. Looks like you guys had an awesome time.

I need to make a trip,to Spain......
Old 05-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #9
maropa9
Valencia - Spain

Oddometer: 16
Great trip. Thanks for sharing and for your words about my hometown Valencia.
Valencia y Almeria - Spain
maropa9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #10
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,074
Fantastic Report

Hey Bill:
Outstanding narrative & pictures,you guys had a blast I know because ever pix your all smiles. Sergio certainly lives in a beautiful part of the world & I can just imagine the history that you took in

What a wonderful place to ride,and have a "native" guide show you the sights, although it looks as if Sergio was having as much fun as you'all. Well I'm guessing that AZ is going to be kinda humdrum after that adventure.

Once again--Great RR & Pix, thanks for taking the time

Jeff

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
Toiretto
Getting into it!

Oddometer: 50
Great RR and awesome pictures. Thank you for sharing!
Toiretto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:45 PM   #12
GreatWhiteNorth
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,549
Great RR Jack!

Glad it turned out so well for you guys. Europe is beautiful - sure can see the Moorish influence in the architecture in the south!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
bent forks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
Jack's pics

hi
Jack

bent forks screwed with this post 08-29-2013 at 12:51 PM
bent forks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #14
bent forks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 338
new link

I guess the other one wouldn't work try this one

https://picasaweb.google.com/ossajk1...KTrgarw8O-uggE#

I have so much trouble with pictures

Jack
bent forks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #15
BELSTAFF
ADV NOMAD

Oddometer: 1,074
Jack:
One thing for sure, you don't have any problem TAKING pictures, some fantastic scenery you fellows got to see & I think Sergio was an outstanding tour guide. you can sure see by his expressions that he is extremely proud of his homeland.

Glad you three had an great time & were able to reconnect with Sergio

Good job
Probably will see you around Nov or earlier, maybe?

Take care.
Jeff

Arizona OHV Ambassador
BELSTAFF is offline   Reply With Quote