Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 06:00 PM   #601
fearthelurker
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
Charge no fees. So look around
Do you know what they are charging for the bike? I'm wondering if they make up for it by inflating their prices? Not doubting it, I just want to be very clear on my bottom line when I shake hands with them or walk.

Boy, I wish I were in Colorado, absolutely gorgeous.

fearthelurker screwed with this post 11-16-2013 at 06:10 PM
fearthelurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:05 PM   #602
fearthelurker
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Thanks all for the replies... Now if you'll excuse me I have some lurking to do.
fearthelurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #603
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Since everyone is talking prices, where can I look up oem parts prices on 1190r. US dollars would help. Want to see what it cost to replace headlight cover etc not the Powerparts.
Old 11-17-2013, 12:04 AM   #604
Corsica101
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
Since everyone is talking prices, where can I look up oem parts prices on 1190r. US dollars would help. Want to see what it cost to replace headlight cover etc not the Powerparts.
Try here...

http://www.ktmtwins.com/review/produ...5/category/46/
Corsica101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:20 AM   #605
chief_lee_visceral
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 343
Thanks Corsica but I only see the Poeerparts accessories there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-17-2013, 08:43 AM   #606
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,254
Not a bad place to have a dirt bike for sure

Ktm set price for the bike 16.5 or 16.8 ish for the bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearthelurker View Post
Do you know what they are charging for the bike? I'm wondering if they make up for it by inflating their prices? Not doubting it, I just want to be very clear on my bottom line when I shake hands with them or walk.

Boy, I wish I were in Colorado, absolutely gorgeous.
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #607
amitch888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Done a couple trips lately, both throughout the Vic high country, both onroad and offroad, river crossings and decent rocky hill climbs probably more suited to enduro bikes.

Only few little problems, couple of small coolant drips have started, leaking fork seal and a fuel tank issue which is fine now I'm aware of it, hopefully get it sorted shortly.

Added a few more things to it, favourite being the little driving lights to brighten the night, love them. Got the dongle thing to save the riding settings and bar risers, yet to fit these. Hoping to get the Andy straps racks and panniers at some stage when they are ready for sale, until then a pair of 2nd hand gearsack panniers for $30 off eBay are working well, actually don't mind them at all, sit well across the back of the seat under the swag :)

Also looks like rear tyres are going to be a regular purchase power to burn

Few pics off the phone

Top of billy goats bluff

First crossing completed at eaglevale camp site

Top of blue rag

amitch888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #608
Nerb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief_lee_visceral View Post
Here: http://www.ktmpartsonline.com/ktm-part-finder. Just expect cheaper in the US. Headlight $570, headlight mask $266

Quote:
Hoping to get the Andy straps racks and panniers at some stage when they are ready for sale
He should have them now? Give him a call.
Nerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:47 AM   #609
amitch888
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Cheers :) I spoke with him a couple of weeks back and he said 3 weeks so can't be far off if not already. I'll get it sorted over the next few weeks.
amitch888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #610
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Question KTM keys !important

So I misplaced my KTM key and thought I would use the orange key that comes with it.. Bad idea..
This wiped out the coding for all of the keys and now I have to trailer it to the dealership :/

No one told me so lesson learnt here: the orange is some type of master key that does more?!? So don't use your orange key.. Here I was thinking it would look cooler than the black one but I guess there is enough orange running through my veins that I don't need an orange key hehe ;)

If anyone knows of a way to recode a key without going to a dealership please share ;)

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #611
paturoa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_racer View Post
So I misplaced my KTM key and thought I would use the orange key that comes with it.. Bad idea..
This wiped out the coding for all of the keys and now I have to trailer it to the dealership :/

No one told me so lesson learnt here: the orange is some type of master key that does more?!? So don't use your orange key.. Here I was thinking it would look cooler than the black one but I guess there is enough orange running through my veins that I don't need an orange key hehe ;)

If anyone knows of a way to recode a key without going to a dealership please share ;)
EDIT: Ignore the following post: just read the posts in the other thread regarding the orange key and it would appear that blind luck saved the day for me!

IGNORE FROM HERE ->No, you can use the orange key. The trap is that you can only have one key near the bike at any time.

I was having trouble with the steering lock and tried the other keys thinking that the key may be the problem (loose steering head bearings in the end). I tried both the spare black and then the orange key and noticed that there was an error code and the engine would not start. I don't remember how exactly how I realised that I had all 3 keys next to the bike, but when I took two away it was all good again.

paturoa screwed with this post 11-24-2013 at 11:04 PM
paturoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #612
speed_racer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 704
Yeah Thanks for that, I was also doing the same, had the orange and black spare key on the same key ring.

It turns out that no where in the 1190 adventure manuals it lists how to activate/deactivate the black keys. It just says, the orange key is used to program the black keys.

Anyway using a RC8R manual as a reference, I replaced the EFI light with the Red Light near the center of the speedo.

Here is the procedure...

- Turn the kill switch off, Put the Orange key in, turn on the ignition and wait for the red light in the center of the speedo to flash 2 times and turn off (not to lock)
- Put the black key in and turn on the ignition and the red light will flash twice then turn off
- put the orange key in and turn on the ignition and now the red light will stay on, turn off
- Put the black key in and turn on the ignition and the red light will flash twice then turn off
- Put the Orange key in, turn on the ignition and wait for the red light in the center of the speedo to flash 2 times and turn off
- Turn on the kill switch and put the black key in and it will start.

RIP - BMW F650 GS Twin
speed_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 04:20 AM   #613
Burren Rider OP
Aussie Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,807
Well it has been pretty quiet on the 1190 front for me lately. I have been flat out with work and my one outing was in New Zealand on a DRZ. With a bit of luck that should change over the next couple of months.

I still grin every time I fire it up and thanks to Mr Uni Filter, the only issue seems to be a constant supply of rear tyres
Burren Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 07:25 AM   #614
brianpc
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burren Rider View Post
Well it has been pretty quiet on the 1190 front for me lately. I have been flat out with work and my one outing was in New Zealand on a DRZ. With a bit of luck that should change over the next couple of months.

I still grin every time I fire it up and thanks to Mr Uni Filter, the only issue seems to be a constant supply of rear tyres

Looks awesome, you're making me consider a trip to the dealer tomorrow!!! What tires are those?
brianpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #615
Martyred
Adventurer

Oddometer: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianpc View Post
Looks awesome, you're making me consider a trip to the dealer tomorrow!!! What tires are those?
Looks like MITAS E09 (probably DAKAR version). The rear one for sure, the front could also be another MITAS E0?...
Martyred is online now   Reply With Quote