ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush > Ridiculous streetbikes with 6 CPUs and too much horsepower (1050/1190/1290cc)
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #661
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
I just copied this description of MTC from KTM's web site.

MTC (MOTORCYCLE TRACTION CONTROL)
As an integral part of the MSC package, MTC (Motorcycle Traction Control) also regulates subject to the angle of lean. It guarantees sporty yet completely controllable propulsion on all surfaces. Its intervention is indicated with a flashing LED in the VDO multi-function display. Depending on the engine mode selected by the rider, MTC permits differing levels of rear-wheel slip. Overall, MTC therefore offers four different characters (plus OFF), selected using the multifunctional switch on the left handlebar grip. Developed in close collaboration with Bosch, it reacts in a matter of milliseconds if the rear wheel begins to rotate too rapidly for the riding conditions. It also makes use of the quick intervention time of the ride-by-wire system to reduce propulsion to a safe level, subject to the angle of lean. Depending on the MTC mode, the EMS (Engine Management System) also makes available a suitable level of power for example, "only" 100 instead of 150 hp in rain mode.
Four different MTC modes are activated by changing the engine modes:
Sport: Something for the courageous to try: Allows a respectable and perceptible amount of slippage - drift-feeling all-inclusive!
Street: Smooth control for comfortable, undisturbed riding with full engine power.
Rain: Early intervention and minimum slippage in the wet, with engine power reduced to a maximum of 100 hp.
Offroad: Up to 100 per cent slippage - i.e. double wheel speed - for ambitious offroad use. Have a go at controlled offroad drifts, with engine power reduced to a maximum of 100 hp.
Off: Those who know better than the MTC can enjoy maximum propulsion at all times, completely to their individual tastes, without electronic assistance.

Engine retarding historically has been accomplished by timing, ie the spark in the combustion cycle. Since the 1190 has a ride by wire system, twisting the throttle does not actually put more gas through a carburetor or fuel injector. Instead there is a throttle position sensor that sends a signal to the computer and provides a corresponding amount of gas to the cylinders. As explained above, in addition to the throttle position sensor the computer is also measuring the lean angle, wheel spin with the motorcycle traction control, and the engine management system (the mode selection). For example when you change the driving mode to off-road, the engine will only produce 100 hp. ie all of these factors essentially retard the engine output to keep the operator safer.

How about we quit debating semantics and go back to enjoying our bikes, :)
So you understand now that ignition in timing is not disrupted now? The system is remarkable in its subtly. The throttle valve adjustment by the computer is next level...
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 AM   #662
Todd-Squad
See Ya, Bye.

Oddometer: 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowwhat View Post
So you understand now that ignition in timing is not disrupted now? The system is remarkable in its subtly. The throttle valve adjustment by the computer is next level...

I think we are in violent agreement, we are just calling something by two different names.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:58 PM   #663
Nowwhat
I'll Go Second...

Oddometer: 4,718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd-Squad View Post
I think we are in violent agreement, we are just calling something by two different names.
soda or pop?
'Berg 570..Trail Beast
Nowwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 10:54 PM   #664
HokyLuk
Late for dinner

Oddometer: 25
Lower Pegs?

My peg lowering frustration finally caused action - gained 1" down 3/4 forward very yummy ride

IMG_1032
Old 08-05-2014, 02:13 AM   #665
KTM3
ktm3

Oddometer: 8
Lower pegs

Hey Hoky,
Where did you get the lower kit for the pegs ?
I also had to put the UNI air filter on the 1190 air box.There is 6000 miles on it and the throttle bodies are were bad dirty.
KTM3 is offline   Reply With Quote