Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 PM   #106
InsideThePerimeter
North GA bound

Oddometer: 140
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbySands View Post
Fucking hell. A regular Dirty Harry.

Bragging about how much your 'large handgun' makes you a badass to be feared and respected is well and truly respected here, noob. But not as much as your sandwich making ability.

Please keep it up.

An ale for me, will you?
I don't need a handgun to be feared or respected. If you choose to threaten my life with your car while I'm riding I have the option to do the same to you. That's why I open carry so everyone knows where they stand.

Some of my friends ride too.
http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/for...Very-Addictive! I don't give a damn what bunch of liberals from
The Land of Fruits and Nuts think.

If you Don't Believe in Freedom For All -You Don't Believe in Freedom at All

InsideThePerimeter screwed with this post 05-28-2013 at 10:26 PM
InsideThePerimeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:43 AM   #107
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,580
If your gonna show a weapon in that situation you better be prepared for the situation to escalate and be prepared for the consequences. Showing a gun as a deterrent is not smart and illegal in many states. Pulling a jacket aside to show you have a weapon can be considered brandishing and will get you arrested and probably loose your CCL.

For the record I'm from New Hampshire Live Free or Die and carry....
Old 05-29-2013, 06:10 AM   #108
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,240
Testify, brother!
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:20 AM   #109
soggysandwich
Banned

Oddometer: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by corndog67 View Post
I take it that you'd pop a cap at someone in a car? Yeah. Right. You would go to prison, whether you were in the right or not.
could you appear to be any more STUPID !

the man never said that,,,,try reading comprehension
soggysandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:34 AM   #110
Martin_404
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby1 View Post
I don't need a handgun to be feared or respected. If you choose to threaten my life with your car while I'm riding I have the option to do the same to you. That's why I open carry so everyone knows where they stand.
Where I live (euro) chances are very low that you will be confronted by anyone with a gun.
(if the police even hear a rumor about you owning a gun, they will send a full squad team to your house that very same day and tear it apart until you give up)

The result is that only real men, that are not afraid to use their fists, pick a 1 on 1 fight on the street.

When you openly carry a gun, nobody over the age of 8 will respect you and they indeed know where they stand.
(look at how insecure and possibly unstable that person is)
Maybe you should ad a huge rambo knive to complete the picture.

Martin_404 screwed with this post 05-29-2013 at 07:48 AM
Martin_404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #111
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,054
Quote:

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/for...Very-Addictive! I don't give a damn what bunch of liberals from

Just because open carry is against the law in CA, It would be a mistake to think that nobody is armed. If you choose to fire off handed from a moving motorcycle you should be prepared for return fire from automatic weapons. I hope you're damn good.
Welcome to Cali.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:34 AM   #112
DiamondDan
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbeinct View Post
Found this on another board:

In 1990, Motorcyclist compared a Yamaha FZR 1000 to a Corvette ZR-1, with Nick Ienatsch doing the riding:
Nick went out carefully, working slowly up to his own comfort level, not trying to push the Yamaha's tires very near their traction limits. Still, it was nerve racking to watch Nick grinding his knee pads down to nubbins on the 200ft-diameter circle. His best time translated to .75g.
Contrast that .75 on an R1 (by one of the best riders) with the .81 Car & Driver got out of a 2009 Toyota Corolla XRS. Now, I know the XRS isn't a base model car, but still, it's a freaking Corolla.

David B.
It would be great to find the original article, because how the lateral g's are measured is a big deal. Because the bike is leaned over in the turn, a lot of the turning g's are positive, not lateral, just like in a plane. A knee dragging, hanging off the bike pro will induce lateral g's in addition to the positive.

So it really comes down to how the g forces are measured: stopwatch around the circle is accurate. Accelerometer in a fixed horizontal mount is not.
DiamondDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #113
Queenie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin_404 View Post
Where I live (euro) chances are very low that you will be confronted by anyone with a gun.
(if the police even hear a rumor about you owning a gun, they will send a full squad team to your house that very same day and tear it apart until you give up)

The result is that only real men, that are not afraid to use their fists, pick a 1 on 1 fight on the street.

When you openly carry a gun, nobody over the age of 8 will respect you and they indeed know where they stand.
(look at how insecure and possibly unstable that person is)
Maybe you should ad a huge rambo knive to complete the picture.
Yep...they'll just chop your ass up with a machete and knives and make the public wait 30+ minutes for armed police officers to show up.
Queenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:52 AM   #114
Tripped1
Likely Lost.

Oddometer: 7,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbeinct View Post
Found this on another board:

In 1990, Motorcyclist compared a Yamaha FZR 1000 to a Corvette ZR-1, with Nick Ienatsch doing the riding:
Nick went out carefully, working slowly up to his own comfort level, not trying to push the Yamaha's tires very near their traction limits. Still, it was nerve racking to watch Nick grinding his knee pads down to nubbins on the 200ft-diameter circle. His best time translated to .75g.
Contrast that .75 on an R1 (by one of the best riders) with the .81 Car & Driver got out of a 2009 Toyota Corolla XRS. Now, I know the XRS isn't a base model car, but still, it's a freaking Corolla.

David B.
Where did you find 0.75g with an R1? The Inatech example is kind of bad because that would have been on 1990 tires with a chassis with its roots in the 1980s, I think you would get much better results out of a modern supersport, pretty much any of them.

Hell modern sportcars are pushing 1.0G stock, not something I would want to attempt on a street bike without a significantly upgraded suspension and VERY good tires.....and even then you would need a track, normal asphalt isn't going to be sticky enough.

The issue being that traction is basically maxed at 1G (slightly above sans downforce producing splitters), the cars tires have more area and less dynamics to deal with, you are still dealing with the vector sum of the centripetal acceleration and the and the weight of the bike.

So yeah, a lot of cars will out turn a bike, the bikes are faster because their big advantage is (usually) power to weight ratio, a 4,200 ton car needs to make 1200-1400hp to match the power to weight of a S1000RR or ZX-10 with a 200 pound rider.

Example of what the cars are pulling these days. http://www.motortrend.com/features/p.../photo_23.html

Sadly, the motopress doesn't often put bikes on skidpads, I'm having a muhc harder time finding numbers

Tripped1 screwed with this post 05-29-2013 at 09:01 AM
Tripped1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #115
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 9,980
Quote:
Everybody and their grand mother has gun in Georgia, that's what Southern Hospitality is all about.
That's precisely my point. All you're doing is playing Russian roulette with the fact that the day you flash your piece at someone, they're going to shoot first because you threatened them.
....and yes I agree with above. You would be astonished at how many people drive around with guns in California. Legal or not - ESPECIALLY in Los Angeles.
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #116
mike54
You don't get me

Oddometer: 13,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripped1 View Post
Where did you find 0.75g with an R1? The Inatech example is kind of bad because that would have been on 1990 tires with a chassis with its roots in the 1980s, I think you would get much better results out of a modern supersport, pretty much any of them.

Hell modern sportcars are pushing 1.0G stock, not something I would want to attempt on a street bike without a significantly upgraded suspension and VERY good tires.....and even then you would need a track, normal asphalt isn't going to be sticky enough.

The issue being that traction is basically maxed at 1G (slightly above sans downforce producing splitters), the cars tires have more area and less dynamics to deal with, you are still dealing with the vector sum of the centripetal acceleration and the and the weight of the bike.

So yeah, a lot of cars will out turn a bike, the bikes are faster because their big advantage is (usually) power to weight ratio, a 4,200 ton car needs to make 1200-1400hp to match the power to weight of a S1000RR or ZX-10 with a 200 pound rider.

Example of what the cars are pulling these days. http://www.motortrend.com/features/p.../photo_23.html

Sadly, the motopress doesn't often put bikes on skidpads, I'm having a muhc harder time finding numbers
It takes more skill from a rider on a bike to get max G force from the bike than it does from a driver in a car to get to max G force. So not only is the car more capable it's easier for the driver to exploit those capabilites. Of course a $12,000 sport bike is a more advanced machine than most $18,000 SUVs.

Do stand up guys lie?
mike54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:50 AM   #117
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

I remember the test that Cycle World did in cooperation with Road and Track years ago. They had a Viper vs. a Yamaha 1000. The Yamaha was faster everywhere except lap times and cornering speed. The Viper blew up and they rode the Yamaha home.
I haven't read it since it came out so Im sure im sure im wrong about some of it, but here it is.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...amaha-YZF1000R

I think the rule of thumb is that a fast car can corner faster than a fast bike on the track. However I think all of us would agree that on the street on a tight road an average rider on an average bike is substantially faster than the average driver in an average car.
Quote:
Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 AM   #118
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,316
Quote:

Settle down Newby. Geez, people get so defensive when other people point out the absurdity of their posts.

Seriously, get your blood pressure in check and think about it calmly. You're riding your motorcycle over a very, very tall bridge with low sides. Your wife is on the back. Some asshat drives his car past you in a manner you think is unsafe. You flip him off. Suddenly, he swerves into you. Do you honestly think you're going to have time to draw your weapon (which, btw is probably not holstered for an off hand draw while riding a motorcycle) before he takes you out?? Really?? No, you're not. You're going to get taken out just like these folks were. (And if you shoot at him before he hits you, you're going to prison. No question about that.)

This is why, when I'm riding, I keep my ego and my anger in check. Any confrontation with a car when you're on a motorcycle is a losing proposition. Period.

And like Mike54 pointed out, a LOT of Californians have and carry guns. You'd be surprised. Don't confuse us with our retarded politicians.
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #119
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,487
Quote:
Everybody and their grand mother has gun in Georgia, that's what Southern Hospitality is all about. If you go around starting trouble and being an ass someone will eventually take your little bet. Its best to be nice on the streets here.

So with every one packing, is it fair to believe you are going to get return fire, or have you thought that far ahead?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:39 AM   #120
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsatdm View Post
So with every one packing, is it fair to believe you are going to get return fire, or have you thought that far ahead?
duh

Quote: