Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 05:23 AM   #316
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 13,203
Hopefully the insurance claim will be settled today on my accident! I need to get to ordering and fixing things in a hurry. The sale of my house is finalized in three weeks and then I will be HOMELESS!!!
dwj - Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:44 PM   #317
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

I need a right side silver Gobi bag like the BMWs use. Long story as to how I ended up with silver bags, so I won't bore you. Any way, I need a right bag or maybe a pair of gray bags at a good price. Anybody got something in good shape? Thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #318
Hootowl
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,242
Donnie;
I'm looking for an update on the sealed rim. Still holding air? Need to frequently add air?
Richard

'07 990A
Parting '98 1100GS. Need Anything?
Hootowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #319
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootowl View Post
Donnie;
I'm looking for an update on the sealed rim. Still holding air? Need to frequently add air?
Richard
Hi Richard!

The rim leaked no air for 5,000 miles, nor did it leak any when the rim was bent in the accident. However, they heated the rim to straighten it and melted the silicone on several nipples. It still may have not leaked, but I had a tube put in it for the return trip home. When I send the front wheel to Woody's in a couple of days to have the rim and spokes replaced, I will reseal the affected area on the rear rim. I was very pleased with the results. Probably the main thing I leaned is that when you check for leaks after the tire is re-installed, use a brush and let the soapy water run down the spoke onto the nipple area to minimize bubbles, which increases you chances of identifying a small leaker before installation. Two other things learned was that you really don't need the pointed applicator, it apply better directly out of the tube. And, the silicone seems to shrink quite a bit causing craters after drying. If you have a couple of leakers, when reapplying silicone hit the crater areas on the non-leakers as well.

Donnie
Old 08-08-2013, 05:34 AM   #320
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Hi gefr!

Please send me order/payment details for a filter kit and a fuel pump.

Donnie
Old 08-08-2013, 06:01 AM   #321
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

I have in my notes that KTM offers a right side mirror relocator that eliminates the possibility of breaking the brake reservoir mount. I have listed a price of $12.95 and a part number 770020210, but I can't find the part. Can someone please point me in the correct direction? Thanks!

Donnie
Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #322
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

My list for updates, spares, modification as of August 8, 2013 at 27,800 miles include:

CJDesigns SS Oil Drain Tube with my modification- Completed

Spare Fork Seal - On Moto

Adjusting Steering Stops - Completed

Convert Rear Wheel to Tubeless -Completed - will need to re-do since repair melted some of the Goop.

Anti Siege the Axle Adjusting Bolts - Completed

Trim Mudguard that is hitting Swingarm - Completed

Loctite and Torque Screws on Plastic Chain Slider protector - Completed

Flapendectomy - Completed

Bypassed Canister and vent tanks directly to ground - Completed

2 Fuel Filter Kits from gefr - order when I return from Mexico - install one upon arrival and have other as a spare, establish as 20,000 - 30,000 mile PM - Completed 1st kit, Ordered 2nd kit.

Received spare O-Rings for clutch slave cylinder from yellowbronco - Completed.

Spare fuel pump from gefr - Ordered from gefr.

Drill Drainage holes in Swingarm - ???

Order Water Pump rebuild kit - Ordered

Purchase Crashbar Bags from akarob. - Installed

Purchase under seat tray from hontri - Ordered

Clean Clutch Oil Jet and make PM -

Please offer advise as to included items and/or items to include.

dwj - Donnie screwed with this post 08-11-2013 at 05:33 AM
Old 08-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #323
CMurgel
Adventurer

Oddometer: 86
Here you go: http://www.ktmtwins.com/ktm-950-990-...t-mirror-mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwj - Donnie View Post
I have in my notes that KTM offers a right side mirror relocator that eliminates the possibility of breaking the brake reservoir mount. I have listed a price of $12.95 and a part number 770020210, but I can't find the part. Can someone please point me in the correct direction? Thanks!

Donnie
CMurgel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:53 AM   #324
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMurgel View Post

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #325
Rockwell
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 647
^ could have used that mirror mount a few weeks ago. Now I've been riding with one mirror. :(
Old 08-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #326
bikepsych
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Hopefully the insurance claim will be settled today on my accident! I need to get to ordering and fixing things in a hurry. The sale of my house is finalized in three weeks and then I will be HOMELESS!!!
Buy yourself a truck and toyhauler, then you can live ANYWHERE that the riding is good.

BG
2009 Harley Road Glide
2006 Buell Ulysses
bikepsych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #327
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikepsych View Post
Buy yourself a truck and toyhauler, then you can live ANYWHERE that the riding is good.

BG
Actually, that was sort of an option. In my next five years, travel will be Central and South America followed by Europe. Not conducive to using a camper, but I had considered having a 5th wheel to live in various parts of the US when I was not traveling on the moto. Or having a cheap place in Mexico. Those have been my options ever since Sheryl has been gone. Since I have now accumulated a lady friend in Mexico that will travel with me where ever I want to go on the moto and live where ever I want to live, Mexico looked better and better! We hope to get her papers one day so she can travel in the US, but I don't see us ever living here. Maybe on the border!

As far as moving from one place to another with a camper and then riding. Maybe some day, but for now I want to do all of my traveling by moto. When Sheryl and I use to travel all over the US and Canada on the motos, I would look at the various campers and moto homes and contemplate how I could mesh that with the moto, but at the end of the day I did not want to do big miles in a camper and little miles on the moto. But, as I get older, that may be exactly what I need! I did buy a 14 foot tandem axle trailer to serve as my garage going forward.

I don't rule out traveling by car some day, even south of the border. At the end of the day, my passion is traveling! Motos is the means I choose to travel. If travel by moto becomes impossible for me, I will change modes of transportation and continue traveling!

BTW, besides Ana's family house in Mexico, my home is a piece of plastic called a Debit Card! lol
Old 08-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #328
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

Has Shorai got all of the kinks ironed out yet? I had one on my KLX250S and like it, but have read of a number of issues with the larger motos like the KTMs and BMWs. I am now reading supplier claims that suggest all is OK now. What do y'all say? My battery is three years old and I am headed to Mexico and further south soon. I know sourcing batteries down there will be a pain, so I am considering changing the battery before I leave. This is the one I would get: Shorai LFX18A1-BS12. How about the: Ballistic 8 Cell EVO2? Thanks!

Donnie
Old 08-09-2013, 05:46 AM   #329
DesertSurfer
Tail sprayin

Oddometer: 1,234
Another battery option...

Quote:
Has Shorai got all of the kinks ironed out yet? I had one on my KLX250S and like it, but have read of a number of issues with the larger motos like the KTMs and BMWs. I am now reading supplier claims that suggest all is OK now. What do y'all say? My battery is three years old and I am headed to Mexico and further south soon. I know sourcing batteries down there will be a pain, so I am considering changing the battery before I leave. This is the one I would get: Shorai LFX18A1-BS12. How about the: Ballistic 8 Cell EVO2? Thanks!

Donnie
CJDesigns has tested and is selling the EarthX which looks proper. Price is good for a LI. It has an internal circuit board to control charge inputs... so to speak. Worth looking into!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #330
dwj - Donnie OP
Beastly Adventurer

My front wheel has been sent to Woody's for a 1.85" Excel rim and SS spokes Super laced and I am in the process of "re-gooping" the nipples on the rear rim that were affected during it's repair. I have a fuel filter kit, a spare fuel pump, crashbar bags, left front quarter panel and a under seat storage tray on order. Getting ready to make a big order for other parts that were damaged in the Mexico get off, plus some maintenance items. I am also planning on replacing my three year old battery with a new lithium battery. I do not want the hassle of finding a replacement battery south of the border! I really need a used right side silver Gobi bag or a pair of grey ones at a good price!

A lot of stuff to do this last two and a half weeks before my house sale closes! I still have a lot of Sheryl's things to get into the hands of family and friends. I have felt a strong need to get her stuff into the hands of family and friends, but it sure is frustrating trying to get folks here to take a look! I also have a bit of furniture to dispose of. I married Sheryl more than 41 years ago! It is very very difficult winding down possessions of 41 years!