ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Alaska
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
Fighter OP
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,695
D2D '13 Swag needed

OK kids, it's that time again.
Sounds like we'll have a big group in Dawson next month and we are going to need a ton of giveaway goodies.
If each of us steps up and makes a few phone calls/visits to the retailer(s) of choice, we can make our quota.

As in the past, swag can be sent to or dropped off at Alaska Leather here in Anchortown.

A special request for all riders coming in from the "lesser 48".
Do us a favor and talk it up at your local dealer before you head out of town.
I've never met a shop owner who would pass up an opportunity to advertise in front of 300 plus riders.

What kind of swag are we looking for??
YES!


Let's get busy!
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #2
AKmud
Muddy Gruver
 
AKmud's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Wasilla, Alaska
Oddometer: 924
Is the AKL van going up again? I've got several good takeoffs to donate for emergency gear.
__________________
AKmud
2008 Tanzanite blue 1200GS
AKmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Fighter OP
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
Is the AKL van going up again? I've got several good takeoffs to donate for emergency gear.

We have a couple of cages heading up.
Drop those meats off to Doug at AK Leather.

Thanks Mud.

Now get out there and get some real swag!
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #4
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist
 
ADVBMR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Anchorage AK
Oddometer: 831
I've already mined the vendors on advrider. PMs sent. We could show a little love locally - that's LLL - Lotsa Local Love for you texters. Let's show the local folks we want their help and we support them in return.

Last year Brendon at TMS came through in a big way. Really big way. Stop in and let him know how much that means. (Thanks, Brendon! and the TKC80s and PR3 worked out pretty well, too.)

Ditto on what Fite said. All you riders coming up, stop where you can and let them know what D2D is all about.

Mud - incoming PM. I'm headed out Wednesday night for a long needed ride where it's not snowing and need some help on follow up. You're it!
__________________
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:41 AM   #5
Fighter OP
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post
I've already mined the vendors on advrider. PMs sent. We could show a little love locally - that's LLL - Lotsa Local Love for you texters. Let's show the local folks we want their help and we support them in return.

Last year Brendon at TMS came through in a big way. Really big way. Stop in and let him know how much that means. (Thanks, Brendon! and the TKC80s and PR3 worked out pretty well, too.)

Ditto on what Fite said. All you riders coming up, stop where you can and let them know what D2D is all about.

Mud - incoming PM. I'm headed out Wednesday night for a long needed ride where it's not snowing and need some help on follow up. You're it!
Brendon did come through big-time for us last year, along with Keith in years past. If you have ever attended D2D..... I strongly suggest that you stop in at TMC and personally thank Brendon, Keith, DR. Please

How we doing for swag roundup in the Squarebanks area???
Seeker....Tracks......BadBob.... you boys got the perimeter secured?
Every little bit helps. We can't have folks showing up to a free "gathering" and riding home empty handed.
Let's hear from you other FF's.
"What can you do for us?"
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
Spousal Unit
Concubine
 
Spousal Unit's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Alaska, Montana
Oddometer: 72
Thumb

Gathering underway!
__________________
---------------------------------
Annie
Helena, Montana
07 F650GS Thumper / 11 F650GS Twin
Spousal Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #7
akrider
mild adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Anchorage, Ak
Oddometer: 1,708
Thank You

The 2012 midnight group photo 18X12 color glossy (sorry no circles and arrows on the back......) have been sent to last years donors as a thank you.

If you run across a donor from last year that didn't get one let me know.
__________________
To someone with only a hammer - all problems appear to be nails.

Ignoranus-def: someone who is stupid and an asshole.
akrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:33 AM   #8
Fighter OP
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spousal Unit View Post
Gathering underway!
Excellent news girl.
I hope others are beating the pavement in search of the almighty swag.
Just received a PM from J&K. Both are fairly new ADV inmates and both will be attending this year's "gathering" I believe for the first time.
They both have stepped up to the plate with some way cool items.
If first time attendees can pull off a swag donation ... I think all you seasoned veterans could do likewise.

What about it?
Time's a wasting' folks ......
Whata ya got?
I'm hitting the DaisyDuty train early Friday AM so my begging time is somewhat
limited. I/we need to stay focused.
Thanks in advance.
SwagMeister Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 AM   #9
aufevermike
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: between Sterling and Soldotna Alaska
Oddometer: 132
I hit up two of my local dealers down here on the Kenai Peninsula. What is a decent reply should they have some stuff to donate? such as will they be recognized? should I pick it up and drop it off at AKL? Should they ship it?
thanx
__________________
find me here on my SPOT www.findmespot.com/spotadventures/index.php/search/?query=aufevermike&x=0&y=0
2006 BMW Dakar, 1994 BMW K1100LT, 2005 BMW K1200LT
aufevermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #10
Fighter OP
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufevermike View Post
I hit up two of my local dealers down here on the Kenai Peninsula. What is a decent reply should they have some stuff to donate? such as will they be recognized? should I pick it up and drop it off at AKL? Should they ship it?
thanx
A decent reply would be THANK YOU.

The recognition comes in the form of having a contributor's business name announced during the banquet as a D2D supporter and then having as many folks as possible stop in and thank them by spending vast amounts of money.

Will that supporting business make the Fortune 500 because they gave away a little swag to a loosely organized group of motorcycle riders?????
No guarantee.

Delivery? Might be nice to offer pick-up service. Do what you can.
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #11
Fighter OP
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,695
Cages heading to D2D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
OK kids, it's that time again.
Sounds like we'll have a big group in Dawson next month and we are going to need a ton of giveaway goodies.
If each of us steps up and makes a few phone calls/visits to the retailer(s) of choice, we can make our quota.

As in the past, swag can be sent to or dropped off at Alaska Leather here in Anchortown.

A special request for all riders coming in from the "lesser 48".
Do us a favor and talk it up at your local dealer before you head out of town.
I've never met a shop owner who would pass up an opportunity to advertise in front of 300 plus riders.

What kind of swag are we looking for??
YES!


Let's get busy!
Fite
Anyone taking a truck/van/car/enclosed trailer to Dawson...... please let me know.
Kevin Nixon from Twisted Throttle has once again stepped up with an extremely generous donation of swag.
We are going to need a mule or three to transport this and much more over to Dawson. Drivers will need to stop by D2D Anchorage Headquarters (aka Alaska Leather) an stuff their rigs before heading out. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:39 PM   #12
GRIZ
COMMANDANT
 
GRIZ's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2004
Location: TEAM PTERODACTYL HQ. SPEARFISH, SD
Oddometer: 1,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Anyone taking a truck/van/car/enclosed trailer to Dawson...... please let me know.
Kevin Nixon from Twisted Throttle has once again stepped up with an extremely generous donation of swag.
We are going to need a mule or three to transport this and much more over to Dawson. Drivers will need to stop by D2D Anchorage Headquarters (aka Alaska Leather) an stuff their rigs before heading out. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.
Fite
PUT SOME OF THAT STUFF ON BIGGER BIRD...HELL, SHE WON'T NOTICE ANY MORE WEIGHT THAN SHE HAS BEEN SUBJECTED TO IN THE PAST!BTW I WILL HIT UP DICK TOMORROW ON MY WAY TO MY PRE SURGERY EXAM...OH YES...ANOTHER SEASON RUINED BY ANOTHER BACK SURGERY SOMETIME THIS WEEK. YAHOO! ( I HOPE THE VA DON'T KNOW SOMETHING I DON'T, BUT, THEY GAVE ME A BRAND NEW WHEELCHAIR LAST WEEK.)
__________________
MAN DOES NOT CEASE TO PLAY BECAUSE HE GROWS OLD,
HE GROWS OLD BECAUSE HE CEASES TO PLAY
GRIZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:36 PM   #13
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist
 
ADVBMR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Anchorage AK
Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufevermike View Post
I hit up two of my local dealers down here on the Kenai Peninsula. What is a decent reply should they have some stuff to donate? such as will they be recognized? should I pick it up and drop it off at AKL? Should they ship it?
thanx
I'll be headed down to Homer the week before D2D. PM me and I can do a pick up.
__________________
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:42 PM   #14
ADVBMR
Polygamotorcyclist
 
ADVBMR's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Anchorage AK
Oddometer: 831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Anyone taking a truck/van/car/enclosed trailer to Dawson...... please let me know.
Kevin Nixon from Twisted Throttle has once again stepped up with an extremely generous donation of swag.
We are going to need a mule or three to transport this and much more over to Dawson. Drivers will need to stop by D2D Anchorage Headquarters (aka Alaska Leather) an stuff their rigs before heading out. Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.
Fite
Space available. I'll check in at HQ when I get back from enjoying a snow squall on Beartooth Pass, dodging tornadoes between WY and SD, and riding through four inches of hail into Deadwood tonight. Glad to hear Twisted Throttle came through again.
__________________
IBA #47244
2007 R1200GS; 2006 DL650 V-Strom; 2011 F800R; 2013 CRF250L; 1995 R1100GS (sold); 2006 Ducati Multistrada 620 dark (sold)
ADVBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #15
Fighter OP
Head Gruver
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2003
Location: Alaska
Oddometer: 4,695
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADVBMR View Post
Space available. I'll check in at HQ when I get back from enjoying a snow squall on Beartooth Pass, dodging tornadoes between WY and SD, and riding through four inches of hail into Deadwood tonight. Glad to hear Twisted Throttle came through again.
Roger Roger
Fite
__________________
Go long... go fast... take no prisoners.
Ride hard or stay home!
Team Pterodactyl Northern Command
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014