Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #1
gigeorge OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
PDS vs LInkage (KTM XC 150)

So,

I'm looking to buy the above as i found the 250exc too much so wanted to downsize in the engine stakes.

I had a pds before and have read the pro's and cons for both, its just such a damned shame finding a xc 150 with linkage is hard going in the UK.

There is however, a fantastic 150 with pds for sale and i'm 90% of the way there in buying it but theres still a niggle of doubt as i really wanted to start riding more mx tracks - heard the pds makes the rear stick to the ground and the linkage aids with take off..

opinions and views welcome...
gigeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
gplassm
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
For strictly rocky, root infested trail work, I never liked any of the PDS systems I have tried. They always felt over-damped and "Dead" back there, and I usually like my rear suspension action pretty loose. I ended up buying a new '12 350 EXC, even though it had the latest version of the PDS system. So far, I can only say that it feels OK - not great, but not terrible either. It is significantly "looser" than previous PDS versions I have tried. Bottoming resistance is fine for me, and I am a heavy guy, but I do not jump much.
Overall - I still prefer linkage, but the new PDS designs are not that far off. The rest of the bike is absolutely stellar - with the exception of the stock headlight output.