Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #166
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwaregrrl View Post
Holy crap Poondangle!!!! Sorry to hear about your off....that's usually my job What happened to Ryan, Braden, and Peter?? Man I hope you guys are ok and your bikes just gave it up.....check in.
Ryan had fuel injector issues. He had it fixed a few times but I'll let him tell that story.

I found out that 4 gallons of gas isn't enough to support four carbs with accelerator pumps. I ran out of gas on transit mid morning Sunday. But my two stage times for the day were great. (vids to come)

Peter had a fuel pump failure on the last transit back to the mountain.

CB900 Scrambler - Build Thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886759
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #167
pjm204
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,980
Ouch, that shoulder injury looks painful. Glad your attitude is so positive! I think you may be singing a different tune about it being worth it in a couple months. Recovering from joint injuries sucks.
Past bikes: XT225, TTR125, '04 CRF50 '74 DT125,'70 TS250,'85 v45, '89 zx600c, '78 GS400x, '99 GS500E, '01 GS500E '05 Z750s, '77 GS400e, '82 GS1100ez, '97 GSX600, '07 VFR800, '03 KLR650, '03 FJR1300, '06 DL1000, '00 KLR650, '99 WR360, '08 DL650, '05 DR650, '08 EX650r, '96 CR500, '82 GS450T, '06 Ural
pjm204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #168
jack splash
Two Sheds

Oddometer: 2,296
Shoulders and Pumps!

Poondangle / Brian: Sorry to hear about your off. I'm still working on my seperated shoulder after 3 months. Thats one of the reasons I bailed on RWV. I don't like to talk about injury's on public forums, but about 3 months ago a friend of a friend lost control and took me out. The details of the crash are intresting but I'll go into that another time. We both took an ambulance ride to the hospital. I had a broken rib, a sore shoulder and other bruises. The X ray didn't show any thing broken in my shoulder, but 2 months later I still couldn't lift anything with my right arm. At first the doctors thought I had a torn rotator cuff, but a MRI dertermined that I had a separated shoulder stage 2, no surgery, but I need lots of PT.

It will take some time for you and me to be fixed. My doctors tell me the shoulder will never be the same, but with lots of PT I will be able to get normal use out of it.

So I bailed on RWV because of many reasons, but the biggest was not riding for the 3 months since the crash and the rally being almost 500 miles long. I thought it wasn't a good idea to jump back into the saddle on such a long event. So for the fist time in 3 months, I took my 450X around town sat morning.

PUMPS: It seems the KTM fuel pumps and RWV don't mix to well. Crank and Mike Bradway both had Pump issues there.

Braden: Sorry to hear you ran outta gas, that bike is pretty cool. Let me know if I owe you $$ for the condo, I didn't put down a deposit and bailed at the last minute. I was hoping it would work out, but I just wasn't ready, the bike was.

Regards to all

Jack

www.pinebarrens500.org
www.pinebarrensadventures.com
jack splash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 AM   #169
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,734
Never like to hear about people getting hurt. Stay upright, guys. Heal up quickly and well, Poon. You too, Jack!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:01 AM   #170
hooliken
Awesome is a flavor

Oddometer: 2,795
Hope you are doing well man! If you need help with anything don't hesitate to give me a shout. Heal Fast!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #171
poondangle OP
Slow

Oddometer: 1,253
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBo1 View Post
Hey Poondangle.

That looks like a posterior dislocation?
All I know is that it's a real pain in the posterior. I got some bone grafts from a cadaver. I have named him Frank. I just hope Frank lived a good life, and I'm not going to be haunted or something. I think any future boneheaded activity on my part will be blamed on Frank.
poondangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #172
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 598
Had a great time watching some of the action on Sunday! My first time seeing a rally in person. More pics from Middle Road 1
and Hill Climb 2 are here http://bennett-andrews.smugmug.com/M...0791116_k2tw8k

wvrocks screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 09:10 AM
wvrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #173
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 25,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
All I know is that it's a real pain in the posterior. I got some bone grafts from a cadaver. I have named him Frank. I just hope Frank lived a good life, and I'm not going to be haunted or something. I think any future boneheaded activity on my part will be blamed on Frank.
Attitude: Check
Old 07-29-2013, 08:43 AM   #174
poondangle OP
Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliken View Post
Hope you are doing well man! If you need help with anything don't hesitate to give me a shout. Heal Fast!
Thanks man. I might take you up on it. I got my bike and truck back home, but the bike is still loaded in the truck. I might need help getting it unloaded.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #175
hardwaregrrl
ignore list

Oddometer: 7,240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagehand View Post
Attitude: Check
+1

Peter had a fuel pump fail last year as well. If I remember right it was the long stage day 2. Sucks when the bike shits on you, sucks worse when you end up in the hospital. I'm still paying medical bills from sandblast.

hardwaregrrl screwed with this post 07-29-2013 at 01:51 PM
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #176
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 424
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvrocks View Post
Had a great time watching some of the action on Sunday! My first time seeing a rally in person. More pics from Middle Road 1
and Hill Climb 2 are here http://bennett-andrews.smugmug.com/M...0791116_k2tw8k
Awesome shots dude!!!

CB900 Scrambler - Build Thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886759
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #177
poondangle OP
Slow

1 plate, 10 screws, and bone from dead Frank

[/IMG]
Old 07-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #178
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,677
Yikes Brian...

best of luck with the lengthy rehab coming. Was a pleasure meeting you and riding with you, however briefly.

On that note, there were a few of us chilling (??) in the hot tub and quaffing some fine local ales on Sunday night after the rally ended; we were talking about Rallymoto, its quirks, perks, and why we liked to race this series.

There's lots about rally that I really love (the combination of technical riding skill, mechanical bike prep, navigation, logistics, timing, etc.), but perhaps the biggest part of what I really enjoy about racing these events is a chance to reconnect with friends made at previous events, and meet new like-minded folks like Brian.

This kind of sport attracts a bit of a different niche of rider, and it seems to me to be a uniquely diverse, literate, friendly, and inclusive bunch of riders that holds up the sport of rally in a good light.

So although I'm not likely to ever win one of these (unless all the fast guys stay home), I plan on keeping on. To use a well-worn cliche, it really IS more than just about winning.

Great weekend all!!

dc

Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #179
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
Awesome shots dude!!!

Thanks, working on cleaning them up a bit in Lightroom tonight. Thought you guys might like to see them so I just put the raw images up last night.

While I was shooting the hill climb, my wife asks me, "so are you going to ride this next year?" I love that woman.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #180
wvrocks
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
1 plate, 10 screws, and bone from dead Frank

[/IMG]

That is not humerus at all. (someone had to make the lame joke)
Heal up quick and do what the Physical Terrorist says. They really do mean well.