ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-29-2013, 06:56 PM   #181
poondangle OP
Slow
 
poondangle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Oddometer: 1,154
You hit the nail on the head Dan. It's all about the people. I won't be able to ride in the BRS, but I might come and volunteer. It really was a great bunch of people!

So my brother punked out on me, and my best friend Jim came to get my truck. The first thing he said on the phone was how nice everyone was, and the kind words y'all passed along through him. I mean we only had met 24 hours earlier. Seriously, great bunch of people that I'm now proud to call friends.
poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #182
SquadraCorse
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SquadraCorse's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, Cali
Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
1 plate, 10 screws, and bone from dead Frank

[/IMG]


Brian that's such a shame man. We were all crushed to hear about your shunt. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! That being said, that picture is pretty damn hardcore Glad your spirits are up about it all, and glad I got to experience some West Virginia culture with you while we had the chance

It was awesome to meet all you guys and have the privilege of freezing my ass off in the pouring rain with you. Overall just a great group of racers and stand up gents. I look forward to the next one
__________________
2013 RallyMoto Overall/Dakar Champ

http://styleperpound.blogspot.com/
BMW R1100S Light | KLX 400
SquadraCorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:10 PM   #183
poondangle OP
Slow
 
poondangle's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Suffolk, VA
Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquadraCorse View Post
Brian that's such a shame man. We were all crushed to hear about your shunt. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! That being said, that picture is pretty damn hardcore Glad your spirits are up about it all, and glad I got to experience some West Virginia culture with you while we had the chance

It was awesome to meet all you guys and have the privilege of freezing my ass off in the pouring rain with you. Overall just a great group of racers and stand up gents. I look forward to the next one
So I hope you know there can be no more sandbagging from you Tom! You are a beast on that DRZ. I'm tempted to bring you my 690 to ride at BRS just so I can see what it can really do
poondangle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #184
SquadraCorse
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SquadraCorse's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, Cali
Oddometer: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondangle View Post
So I hope you know there can be no more sandbagging from you Tom! You are a beast on that DRZ. I'm tempted to bring you my 690 to ride at BRS just so I can see what it can really do
Haha thanks man, appreciated. It was fun to see how it stacked up, never had anything to compare it to. I'll stick to the dizzer, I learned this weekend that those KTMs don't really like to stay running
__________________
2013 RallyMoto Overall/Dakar Champ

http://styleperpound.blogspot.com/
BMW R1100S Light | KLX 400
SquadraCorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #185
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP
 
Stagehand's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shawangunks
Oddometer: 25,291
Well said, Dan!
__________________
Unintentional psychokinesis.
Stagehand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM   #186
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 244
Triple ditto Dan... like all others have said, it was a great weekend and even better group of guys. It really is remarkable how a similar (and unique) interest can bring such a diverse group of people together that can all click in their own ways.

Brian - like everyone else has said, i'm really sorry to hear about the outcome of your off but keep up the attitude and heal up. Get some pointers from Toro168. Ara seemed to bounce back from his sandblast injury remarkably fast.

Tom - i'm bringing you a cape next time. You've singlehandedly undermined every FF who complains about not being able to go fast because of their heavy DRZ. Guess the sang is true that its the rider and not the bike... which is probably why i'm so slow on my 530 And don't be scared of the orange bikes, just get one with one carb - mine ran flawlessly all weekend

Braden and Peter (is Peter on ADV?) - you guys are awesome for letting me follow you around all weekend so i wouldn't get hopelessly lost in the mountains of WV. Even with your expert guidance i still managed to miss-nav my way to almost skipping a whole stage... but it was fun hauling a@@ back down the mountain to make the stage just to haul a@@ back up to TC again

What a weekend - i still can't believe i did 600 miles on my 530 (500 real miles and 100 of wheel spin ). The first 300 in pouring rain. Half of it at 80mph through the woods. Sun was spectacular but in some weird way i almost enjoyed Sat more. I know it's silly, but i feel like i earned something out there in my own personal way, but with the bonus of being able to share it with a great group of folks.

Thinking about a name change... it may be time to retire "hyper" and switch to rallymofo

Rodney
__________________
__________________________________________
Hey, is my collar bone supposed to look like that?
Hypermofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:20 AM   #187
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$
 
Entrepre-neer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Oddometer: 423
Nothing like some beers and a hot tub to make us forget the previous day's cold wet suffering. Well worded DC!

We did get a double rainbow on the horizon of the final stage of day one as a prize for toughing it out. Throttle pinned and a gorgeous sky is hard to beat. I'll have to get some pics from the spectators.

Here's some Stage video with a bonus cameo by Tom at the 10:00 mark as he motored by me. He was cooking on that DRZ!

__________________
"...nostalgia does not preclude excitement...but rather invites it..."

CB900 Scrambler - Build Thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886759
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:13 AM   #188
Clockwork KTM
Clockwork KTM
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia PA
Oddometer: 11
Echoing everyone else in their sentiments! Had a great time with a great bunch of guys. I've raced all over the country in many different disciplines, and rally has some of the nicest people I have ever met. Look forward to seeing all of you again soon!

Kevin
Clockwork KTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #189
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP
 
Stagehand's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Shawangunks
Oddometer: 25,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
Nothing like some beers and a hot tub to make us forget the previous day's cold wet suffering. Well worded DC!

We did get a double rainbow on the horizon of the final stage of day one as a prize for toughing it out. Throttle pinned and a gorgeous sky is hard to beat. I'll have to get some pics from the spectators.

Here's some Stage video with a bonus cameo by Tom at the 10:00 mark as he motored by me. He was cooking on that DRZ!


way to wring its neck, Braden
__________________
Unintentional psychokinesis.
Stagehand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #190
SquadraCorse
Gnarly Adventurer
 
SquadraCorse's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: San Jose, Cali
Oddometer: 133
Some great stuff popping up on facebook:







__________________
2013 RallyMoto Overall/Dakar Champ

http://styleperpound.blogspot.com/
BMW R1100S Light | KLX 400
SquadraCorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #191
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$
 
Entrepre-neer's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: SW Ohio
Oddometer: 423
Holy $hit!! Heli Cam. RC Quad copter for the win.

6th Rally West Virginia - HELISKOPE from HELISKOPE on Vimeo.

__________________
"...nostalgia does not preclude excitement...but rather invites it..."

CB900 Scrambler - Build Thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886759
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #192
toro618
Studly Adventurer
 
toro618's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 940
Poondangle - sorry to about your injury. I broke my ankle at the Sandblast Rally in March and needed to get the bone plated and screwed. I was back on a dirt bike (light weight Husky WR165 2 stroke) in exactly 6 weeks. I am sure you're getting plenty of good advice, but if I may I would like to give one as well....whatever you google to read about your injury and the recover, stick to only the positive reads....there are way too many negative stories out there about the aftermath of an injury that requires surgery. From what I have read you seem to have a positive attitude...getting down on yourself is not going to help. So stay positive, get on a stationary bicycle every single day for atleast one full hour, eat lots of broccoli, spinach, and fish....exercise will help deliver all the good nutrients to the injury. The more you exercise during the healing period the easier it will be to rehab...exercising the rest of your body is part of the shoulder rehab. So don't just wait for the injury to heal....kick it's ass starting now and you will hit the ground running when the doctor says you're healed.

I know this was a long advise, but it works. Heal fast buddy.

Ara
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:18 PM   #193
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Atlanta
Oddometer: 244
That's awesome... i totally forgot that i saw the quadcopter out of the corner of my eye on the section with the cut lumber. I wondered if they were filming us or doing survey work for the timber co...
__________________
__________________________________________
Hey, is my collar bone supposed to look like that?
Hypermofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:31 PM   #194
toro618
Studly Adventurer
 
toro618's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Oddometer: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermofo View Post
Triple ditto Dan... like all others have said, it was a great weekend and even better group of guys. It really is remarkable how a similar (and unique) interest can bring such a diverse group of people together that can all click in their own ways.

Brian - like everyone else has said, i'm really sorry to hear about the outcome of your off but keep up the attitude and heal up. Get some pointers from Toro168. Ara seemed to bounce back from his sandblast injury remarkably fast.

Tom - i'm bringing you a cape next time. You've singlehandedly undermined every FF who complains about not being able to go fast because of their heavy DRZ. Guess the sang is true that its the rider and not the bike... which is probably why i'm so slow on my 530 And don't be scared of the orange bikes, just get one with one carb - mine ran flawlessly all weekend

Braden and Peter (is Peter on ADV?) - you guys are awesome for letting me follow you around all weekend so i wouldn't get hopelessly lost in the mountains of WV. Even with your expert guidance i still managed to miss-nav my way to almost skipping a whole stage... but it was fun hauling a@@ back down the mountain to make the stage just to haul a@@ back up to TC again

What a weekend - i still can't believe i did 600 miles on my 530 (500 real miles and 100 of wheel spin ). The first 300 in pouring rain. Half of it at 80mph through the woods. Sun was spectacular but in some weird way i almost enjoyed Sat more. I know it's silly, but i feel like i earned something out there in my own personal way, but with the bonus of being able to share it with a great group of folks.

Thinking about a name change... it may be time to retire "hyper" and switch to rallymofo

Rodney
Man it sounds like you had an awesome time, Rodney. And job well done. I was visiting my daughter at her camp, but part of my mind was thinking about you guys and the rally.
Ara
toro618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #195
Falcon86
I just work here.
 
Falcon86's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA/Slaty Fork, WV
Oddometer: 1,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by toro618 View Post
Poondangle - sorry to about your injury. I broke my ankle at the Sandblast Rally in March and needed to get the bone plated and screwed. I was back on a dirt bike (light weight Husky WR165 2 stroke) in exactly 6 weeks. I am sure you're getting plenty of good advice, but if I may I would like to give one as well....whatever you google to read about your injury and the recover, stick to only the positive reads....there are way too many negative stories out there about the aftermath of an injury that requires surgery. From what I have read you seem to have a positive attitude...getting down on yourself is not going to help. So stay positive, get on a stationary bicycle every single day for atleast one full hour, eat lots of broccoli, spinach, and fish....exercise will help deliver all the good nutrients to the injury. The more you exercise during the healing period the easier it will be to rehab...exercising the rest of your body is part of the shoulder rehab. So don't just wait for the injury to heal....kick it's ass starting now and you will hit the ground running when the doctor says you're healed.

I know this was a long advise, but it works. Heal fast buddy.

Ara
Awesome post.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014