Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 07:21 AM   #226
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
On T70's you wouldn't need data loggers, only calenders .
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:39 AM   #227
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZJohn View Post
I'd say we start 3 on the same minute so we don't hold up rally progress and for the bar-to-bar action pics.

I'm not sure how the rally car community would recieve the bikes making a mockery of the sport and having more fun on 5% of their budget.

CB900 Scrambler - Build Thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886759
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #228
Hypermofo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by KZJohn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post
I'd say we start 3 on the same minute so we don't hold up rally progress and for the bar-to-bar action pics.

I'm not sure how the rally car community would recieve the bikes making a mockery of the sport and having more fun on 5% of their budget.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #229
Falcon86
I just work here.

Oddometer: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entrepre-neer View Post

I hope they wouldn't look at it as a mockery, it sounds like it'd be pretty awesome really.

I've though about trying to turn my TW200 into something of a rally bike.

I've never claimed to be fast, and I doubt riding a T70 or a TW200 would be any less fun than one of the big bikes. Maybe even more fun.

I say it needs to happen.
Falcon86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #230
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Oddometer: 4,000
Having raced bikes and cars I can say that during the rally the car group really doesn't know the bike group exists other than passing them as they come off of a future stage. I think its great to see so many new forms of vehicles being allowed to run. Some handle bar rattling t70's would be fun...they are road legal and there are no rules against entering and I bet you could still be faster than some of the bigger bikes

If you are going to run a monkey bike the rules should state that a mascot costume is required...like one guy in a Gorilla suit being chased by another guy in a giant Banana suit being chased by a guy in a princess outfit

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #231
Falcon86
I just work here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S View Post
Having raced bikes and cars I can say that during the rally the car group really doesn't know the bike group exists other than passing them as they come off of a future stage. I think its great to see so many new forms of vehicles being allowed to run. Some handle bar rattling t70's would be fun...they are road legal and there are no rules against entering and I bet you could still be faster than some of the bigger bikes

If you are going to run a monkey bike the rules should state that a mascot costume is required...like one guy in a Gorilla suit being chased by another guy in a giant Banana suit being chased by a guy in a princess outfit
I'll be a blow up sumo wrestler.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #232
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon86 View Post
I'll be a blow up sumo wrestler.

I see an adjustment table for a multiplier compensating for costumes with excessive drag

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Old 08-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #233
Falcon86
I just work here.

No need, the flux capacitor will take care of that.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:30 AM   #234
Entrepre-neer
Ultimate Tight A$$

Oddometer: 422
This idea might be big enough for its own thread. Someone needs to alert the crowd over in the Battle Scooters section.

We need somebody in a power ranger costume. Although that's not a stretch from most of off-road moto gear on the market.

CB900 Scrambler - Build Thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886759
Entrepre-neer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #235
KZJohn
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 316
Quote:
I see an adjustment table for a multiplier compensating for costumes with excessive drag
The princess costume wouldn't be excessive drag?
Team Hammernutrition/T&S Motorsports
KZJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #236
Falcon86
I just work here.

I see what you did there.
Old 08-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #237
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,660

In all seriousness (or in all frivolity), this would be a blast. I doubt we could get it together in time for BRS this year but a winter build up of an old street-legal trail 90 or something would be an awfully fun rally experience for next year. At least the triangle would fit nicely in the milk crate on the back.

I completely agree that starting at the same time would be ridiculously fun. I have doubts whether that would be permitted though...

dc
Country Doc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #238
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,978
Quote:
.they are road legal and there are no rules against entering and I bet you could still be faster than some of the bigger bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
There is no way anyone could be against that
Old 08-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #239
jonnykilo
Traveller

Oddometer: 204
Late - as usual

Gents, I am late as usual - this is my first login to ADV after RWV, the subsequent relocation/move drive through to Halifax, Nova Scotia, and house move-in and new job start. Finally got the inter-web hooked up Friday.

I echo all the positive comments about the event, community and persons involved in this, and the one other RallyMoto event I did last year: Sandlblast. Great great fun, and I even kinda don't mind being the tag-along event flying under the radar with the cars as the big focus. I achieved my goals this year - sorta: didn't crash and f'up my ankle tendon any worse; started work with no new injuries, and didn't come last (thanks to the DNFs :)), and really had a boat load o' fun. Can't do BRS due to work commitments, but will try and allot time for Sandblast for the Spring.

Be warned - Country Doc had already started his Trail 90 build months ago - and of course he is ready for a non-traditional class in the RM events. I to am in for a scooter class - will find me a Rukus or something that needs some work.

Thanks again for making Rebecca feel welcome. She was a little nervous as a tag-along at the event, and everyone's warm welcome and great attitude went a long way...

jak
jonnykilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #240
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnykilo View Post
Gents, I am late as usual - this is my first login to ADV after RWV, the subsequent relocation/move drive through to Halifax, Nova Scotia, and house move-in and new job start. Finally got the inter-web hooked up Friday.

I echo all the positive comments about the event, community and persons involved in this, and the one other RallyMoto event I did last year: Sandlblast. Great great fun, and I even kinda don't mind being the tag-along event flying under the radar with the cars as the big focus. I achieved my goals this year - sorta: didn't crash and f'up my ankle tendon any worse; started work with no new injuries, and didn't come last (thanks to the DNFs :)), and really had a boat load o' fun. Can't do BRS due to work commitments, but will try and allot time for Sandblast for the Spring.

Be warned - Country Doc had already started his Trail 90 build months ago - and of course he is ready for a non-traditional class in the RM events. I to am in for a scooter class - will find me a Rukus or something that needs some work.

Thanks again for making Rebecca feel welcome. She was a little nervous as a tag-along at the event, and everyone's warm welcome and great attitude went a long way...

jak
a trail 90 with a 150cc lifan engine...could be quite exhilerating...poor brakes and what suspension and 60 mph feels like 120