User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
honda_dood86 OP
dood

Oddometer: 17
Question Aftermarket rims?

Does anbody make a set or even just a back aftermarket rim or rims, that will fit honda ch250 scooter, as my back rim is a little bent? Or does anybody have a honestly straight outer back rim to get rid of?
honda_dood86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #2
JerryH
Vintage Rider

Oddometer: 4,016
One of the issues with an old Japanese bike. Lack of parts. That rim is specific to that model, and no longer available new. You will have to find a good used one. Check eBay, also maybe look for a good parts bike. Having a parts bike can save you a lot of problems locating parts for a long time. I bought 3 Yamaha XT225s, and between them and a lot of aftermarket parts, built a great bike, and have enough parts left over to keep it going forever.
JerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #3
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,307
Nope , You can double check with the guys on the ch250 yahoo group but your going to have to find used rims . Ether fleabag , clist or ch250 group. If your wheel is early steel one with the drum brake center that unbolt from the rim save the drum for latter use or sale . http://www.ebay.com/sch/Motorcycle-P...+HONDA+++wheel

They run from 20 to 70 bucks. if it s only the rear you need then there s only one on eBay right now and it doesn't have the center so you ll have to reuse your own. 15 bucks to ship it in the usa on most ads . hope that helps. After Fleabay your next stop should be to join up with the yahoo ch250 group. Also if you bike as the left hand floor mat , ether glue it down or put it away. You ll never ever find a cheap replacement mat unless they have them in Never Never land. People have even come back to there scooter to find someone has taken it . Just another dumb rare part that no one has left in stock anywhere.

fullmetalscooter screwed with this post 05-22-2013 at 04:47 AM
fullmetalscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #4
honda_dood86 OP
dood

Question

So no other rims off of anything on earth will fit an 86 honda ch250 that anyone knows of?
honda_dood86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
fullmetalscooter
Let me take this duck off

Oddometer: 2,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dood86 View Post
So no other rims off of anything on earth will fit an 86 honda ch250 that anyone knows of?
85-88 elite ch250 only. One day if there is a demand someone might make some up . It just a matter if they think they can make cash at it. You live were there was one of 5 Tech shop I say pay the fee to join up and make your own. Now if you ve never heard of the Tech shop in a nut shell they have everything you can think of in tools , cad , 3d scanner etc . Metal ,woods ,plastic. They work by you joining up with a membership and they charge so much an hour I think to use tools. You want to make anything , in any type of material they have the means to do that. Want to wield they ve got that. Want to build custom electronic I think they might even have stuff for that. What once cost million of bucks cost them around 150 grand to outfit a warehouse like work shop. It's one of the neatest Ideas out there. Still only in 5 or so place but expanding.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #6
brianwheelies
Iron toocus

Oddometer: 2,106
A popular modification is to take a stock wheel, remove the rim portion and you are left with a hub to bolt on a new wheel. The Ruckus folks do this with ATV aluminum wheels for the fat rear.

Just an idea and not suggesting the fat tire approach. This is if you have a single sided engine case.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
peibarry
Adventurer

Between body panels, muffler and the relatively small size of the wheels, you really don't see much rim anyway. Your pretty much left with painting or if you want bling, chrome the steel portion and do something else with the aluminum hub. I painted mine with a metallic wheel paint (hub and rim). Looks good to me!
peibarry is offline   Reply With Quote