QUORN SCHITZEL CLUB Est 2011
When in the FLINDERS RANGES SA stay at the
ANGORICHINA VILLAGE

PBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #17
CrazyZ9
More sheds

Oddometer: 134
I have a R1150RT with 140,000k's, in good nick, ABS disconected and slightest bit of play in the parralever joint, are the only things wrong with it, regoed till november tyres 50 percent, west of sydney, $5,000, leave in someones shed and come out again next year.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #18
GodSilla
I did that.

Oddometer: 7,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caerleon9176 View Post
Wow thanks for the responses guys!

I am aware of the distances and without the ball and chain in tow i think i can comfortably do the distance in more than the time allowed. I think i had originally planned one day to do 600 kms i think i need to revise that with several rest days in between to be more realistic.

Thanks again guys!
600 k's in a day is bugger-all. You won't need a rest day for one 600k day, trust me. Schedule a rest day after crossing from Perth to Adelaide, it's only about 3000 k's (5 days at an easy 600k per day).I crossed from Perth to Adelaide years ago, took 3 long-ish days, but 5 days would have been really cruisy. If you are thinking of taking some sidetracks to see the sights, a week is a good bet. You can camp most anywhere.

Do you play golf, or have golfing mates? The longest full golf course in the world stretches the 18 holes across the nullarbor plains, grab a cheap golf club and a bag of balls and do the golf course, you can put shit on your golfing mates at home forever afterwards.
Old 05-23-2013, 09:00 PM   #19
XRman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,439
see taut

See. www.transaustraliatrail.com

XRman screwed with this post 06-12-2013 at 05:46 AM
XRman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
dunc59
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 389
link no work
capital w in the www bit
Old 06-12-2013, 04:58 AM   #21
Caerleon9176 OP
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Thanks for all of the replies.

I have booked with a company to hire a 2013 GS1200 LC bike - i have test ridden it here in the UK and it is an awesome machine to ride

The plan now is to ride from Sydney to Perth. If i had sufficient time it would be Syd - Mel - Dar - Perth just to make sure i don't miss out any relatives.

I have just been reading about the Oz wildlife - ekk! Snakes and Spiders - Jesus! Browns/Funnel Webs/Death Adders and one other snake that are always aggressive and will go for you rather than sliver away!?!? not encouraged to read that a small spider will kill you instantly or in less than 30 mins and a snake will kill you in 4 hours...Hmm - how on earth do you guys survive down there! Not sure camping will be safe enough for a pommie like me.
Caerleon9176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #22
Dave Ward
Not enough riding...

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
I have just been reading about the Oz wildlife - ekk! Snakes and Spiders - Jesus! Browns/Funnel Webs/Death Adders and one other snake that are always aggressive and will go for you rather than sliver away!?!? not encouraged to read that a small spider will kill you instantly or in less than 30 mins and a snake will kill you in 4 hours...Hmm - how on earth do you guys survive down there! Not sure camping will be safe enough for a pommie like me.

Just stop reading such stuff! Those are not things that worry us here. I've done a lot of wild camping around Australia and I don't even know of anyone who has had any serious (or even minor) injury from snakes or spiders.

So many more things to worry about than little critters like that. Google drop bears if you want something to worry about....

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Dave Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #23
Phil_Fong
Labelled Extremist

Oddometer: 12,353
Which month or time of year ?

Phil_Fong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #24
stormsearcher
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 972
Quote:
Thanks for all of the replies.

I have booked with a company to hire a 2013 GS1200 LC bike - i have test ridden it here in the UK and it is an awesome machine to ride

The plan now is to ride from Sydney to Perth. If i had sufficient time it would be Syd - Mel - Dar - Perth just to make sure i don't miss out any relatives.

OZ is against you.spiders, snakes, bush fires, droughts,: sharks, floods, roos, cattle, jelly fish, heat, cold etc etc.just get a bike and ride.ride like the wind.this is a continent. it never ends.its a great place.one month is just a drop in the ocean.there is so much to experience. just flow with the go!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
dirty dennis
are we there yet

Oddometer: 2,159
If you still have 4 weeks you'll get to take in a lot depending on your route.Can either go ove the Blue mountains to the west of Sydney & continue kthrough to bathurst ( home of the 100km V8 car race; can ride your bike around the citcuit seeing as its normally an open road. Stick to the speed limit, the coppers hammer it!) & then west through to dubbo, Cobar & broken Hill. Bith last towns are old mining areas with tours etc. From the hill on through to SA with a quick diversion to the Barossa Valley to check some eof the best wines in the world. Over across the Great Australian Bight on the edge of the Nullabor are the cliffs as shown in rpevious pics. I'll let the SA & wa mob fill you in on stuff like the Striling Ranges in southern WA Enjoy!

7th Day Adventourist & Yassdasafarian
dirty dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #26
rossguzzi
990 Adv.

Oddometer: 759
My last 2 road bikes, 2nd hand, (Aprilia Falco, gen1 Tuono) I bought in Sydney and rode them home. (Perth) Still have the Tuono, (keeper)
Did the exact route described above. Took 4 days each time. Loved it.
In another life I spent 12 years driving 4x4 outback tours. Ive done the Great Central Road aprox 40 times. I never tire of the desert expance and the vacume of silence at night.
I sugest if you want a nice country experience do the Nullabour. If you want to feel the heart of this big ol slab of land, go thru Ayres rock and accross the desert through Warburton Kalgoorlie to Perth. Seeing some of the bizzarr sights along the way will stick with you forever. Not putting crap on the Nullabour, but that is a cruise in comparasome.
rossguzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #27
Caerleon9176 OP
n00b

Drop Bears! LOL!

Thanks for the guide Dennis - i havent planned the route totally yet as im still getting addresses from the reli's out there.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:06 AM   #28
Caerleon9176 OP
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_Fong View Post
Which month or time of year ?
The whole of September
Old 06-13-2013, 07:09 AM   #29
Dave Ward
Not enough riding...

Oddometer: 1,639
Quote:
Drop Bears! LOL!

Never laugh at drop bears...

I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.
Dave Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:22 AM   #30
Caerleon9176 OP
n00b

So no deaths in Australia then..