Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
This was released to the press more than a week ago, just read some news sites or check the Husaberg website.
thanks for the updated info Lucas.
no date on that article.

...so that means existing Berg dealers are now Husky dealers in a broad sense as Husky and Berg become one?

is this the latest press release?

HUSQVARNA AND HUSABERG REUNITED

“WE BRING TOGETHER WHAT BELONGS TOGETHER”

The year 2013 will be remembered in motorcycling history as the year that Husqvarna was reborn.

HUSQVARNA STARTS A NEW ERA OF GREAT SUCCESS
Following the acquisition of Husqvarna by Pierer Industries AG and after careful analysis and evaluation of all aspects, it was decided to reunite what came out of shared roots 25 years ago. In other words, Husqvarna will enter a positive new era by combining its own rich heritage with Husaberg’s state-of-the-art technology.

NEW HUSQVARNA MODEL LINEUP TO BE PRESENTED IN OCTOBER
The new generation of Husqvarna models is already in progress: a new line-up, with brand new exclusive design and the latest technology is being developed and will be offered in the segments Enduro, Motocross and Sportminicycles. There will also be exciting, newly developed products in the Supermoto segment – one in which Husqvarna has enjoyed a lot of success in recent years.

DON´T MISS THE PRESENTATION OF THE NEW HUSQVARNA OFFROAD LINEUP IN SWEDEN; PLANNED FOR EARLY OCTOBER 2013. The new line-up will be presented to the big fan community at the international EICMA show in Milan in early November.

HUSQVARNA SPORTMOTORCYCLE GMBH, OPERATIONAL AS OF OCTOBER 2013
As of October 2013, the new group company “Husqvarna Sportmotorcyle GmbH” based in Mattighofen, Austria, will be fully operational in the production and sale of the new model range to the Husqvarna network of dealers and distributors. Parts supply and Customer Service for all Husqvarna models up to and including Model Year 2013 are guaranteed for the years to come and will remain at the current business location in Biandronno (VA), Italy.

then I found this:
http://www.husaberg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17433

May 16, 2013 - In a Thursday letter sent to dealers, Hubert Trunkenpolz of KTM Sportmotorcycle AG and Stefan Pierer of Pierer Industries announced the reunification of Husaberg and Husqvarna under the Husqvarna brand.

"After a careful analysis and evaluation of all aspects, it was concluded to reunite what
arose from the same roots 25 years ago. ln other words, combining the worldwide
heritage of Husqvarna with the latest state-of-the-art technology of Husaberg will lead
Husqvarna to a new era of great success."

An all new Husqvarna lineup is in the works to be debuted in October, 2013 and will include Enduro, Motocross, Sportminicycles and Supermoto segments. The new group company "Husqvarna Sportmotorcycle GmbH will be operational in Mattighofen, Austria as of October 2013. It appears all Husqvarna dealers will be retained and all Husaberg dealers will become Husqvarna dealers.

"As of October 2013, the new group company "Husqvarna Sportmotorcyte GmbH" based in
Mattighofen, Austria, will be fully operational in the production and sale of the new
model range to the Husqvarna network of dealers and distributors, which will be based on
the existing Husqvarna and Husaberg sales network. Parts supply and Customer Service for
all Husqvarna models up to and including Model Year'13 are guaranteed for the years to
come and will remain at the current site in Biandronno (VA-ltaly)."

We are very sad to see the Husaberg brand go, however, the Husaberg philosophy is sure to live on in the new Husqvarna product. Husqvarna fans should be very excited. The brand will get a major technology boost and parts & accessories will be much more available using KTM's distribution network.

The current 2013 Husaberg models will be the last of the blue models coming from Austria. Inventory is already low and these models are sure to sell out as soon as news of this merger gets spread. Our current inventory includes an FE250, FE501 and a TE250. Contact Jesse in sales for more information, 304-932-0437.

and this:

This afternoon I had a conversation with a friend who is the autorize Husaberg dealer here in Venezuela, and told me that the 2014 husaberg models will have a deeper blue plastics with the same technology of the 2013 model with just one detail, it will have the husqvarna badge! No more Husaberg brand!
Husqvarna is coming back to his Blue and Yellow born land colors.

...so the Husky name plate was bought in one sense just to slap on Berg bikes.
future bikes are Berg engineered and Husky branded.

also found an interesting tid-bit that Cagiva, then BMW and now KTM liscense the Husky name to use on bikes from original Husky company. it's a 10 yr license that needs renew every 10.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Labor Day Sale: $10/map (6-10 maps) + free case
http://www.butlermaps.com/6for60

eakins screwed with this post 05-24-2013 at 09:08 AM
eakins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:01 AM   #17
Harry Potter OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 97
I called Sturgis BMW-Husky this moring and they sold their last Terra TR650 yesterday.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #18
SafteyCushion
"Ask better, learn more"

Oddometer: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
Terra TR650 owners is this bike so good that you would trade a very nice F650GS single to get one? I've read the Husky Terra TR650 specs are better than the Dakar and Sertao but is the actual bike a real dual sport upgrade? Knowing that is is now a discontiued one year bike with limited used and maybe new parts availability would you still buy one today? Thanks for your time.
As another owner of a 2007 f650gs, and someone whose has had a nice little ride on the Terra as well, I'm not sure I'd make the trade. Beyond the specs, the 07 f650gs is a damn good little bike. It's the last year of the European made Rotax thumper, and I think it will be a good, reliable, and dare I say fun bike for many years to come. I think the f650gs is a lot nicer on the road, and I expect the Terra would be much nicer in the dirt. I wouldn't want to put very many hours on the Terra on the pavement, and I'd rather not ride very challenging terrain on the f650gs.

Dual sports are about compromise, and its a matter of where you want to draw the line. I'd love to have a reliable thumper that's better on the dirt than my 650 but still as good on the road. I am not sure that bike exists.

I think of the f650gs as one that will do everything the 1200gs will do, just not as fast and comfortably for the day-long rides. Both bikes are fun in the twisties both are fine on dirt roads. Once the dirt gets at all challenging, then I think smaller is better. The wr 250r is a lot more fun in the dirt than the bigger bikes. But if I were on a bigger bike, I think I'd be happier to be on the Terra than the f650gs at that point.

Good luck with your choice! Keep us posted on where you come out.
SafteyCushion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #19
Schlug
JockeyfullofBourbon

Oddometer: 7,280
3.5 gallon fuel tank?

No thank you.
-- It's in their hands. Our message is clear. They're seeing our determination.
Schlug is offline   Reply With Quote