Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2014, 10:10 AM   #136
Frey Bentos
not listening

Oddometer: 640
Puke

Coolio.

Even though I can't stand V Morrison. And not too fond of Besty either. Other than that, fair play to ya.
Frey Bentos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:17 AM   #137
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 228
Hey fella,
great stuff as ever. Thanks for showing us the back streets of Belfast.

Ah, Van Morrison....
Old 02-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #138
Darel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 139
Great as ever
Your bike selection is perfect. I would add KTM SM990 ...selection for ADV heaven
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:01 AM   #139
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
thank you guys for the very kind comments......................much much apperciated.......!!
small rant approaching fast
another day dawns over this septic isle and i gotta work............i'm lucky things still just about limping along..........debt crawling wrong direction..............all that shit...................and don't fuc*kin talk about the banks here.................woke up this morning to find the fu*kin bank manager lying between me and my wife................and him talking nineteen to the dozen............!!!!...............and he wanted to lend me more (!) more fu*kin money..........i owe them both balls, legs, arms etc etc................and here he was trying to get me to sign for more...............in me fu*ckin bed..........!!!
eventually i woke up.............!!................
i need some new drugs that work cos these here ones just aren't cuttin' it no more..
so i figure write up a bit flick in a couple of pics and maybe calm down a bit
one day couple of months ago.................got yearning to see a place that Frey mentioned.........a place out there..............far out there..........called 'port'................
so sunday morning...............pishing rain................wind...................storm brewing out on the water.............fu*k it...........that just sounds so perfect..................off i goes...........up the road.................as usual to excited to get camera out until well into it.........rain coming sideways...............and when going downhill...........its even coming upwards..................pppperfect ....... lovin it
first pic........quite a lot of tampering with these pics as the visibility was so piss poor, note the holey statue thing too

so onwards.............with a determination akin to getting the scent of a lady in your nostrils..................you just gotta keep going
spotted a small houseen by side of road.............probably better in sunlight and summer but i insert anyways

there was nowhere you could even get a cup of tea or buy a bar of chocolate (candy !)...........just miles of wilderness

inside my helmet was my head and inside my head there was a party going on..........happy happy to be out no matter what
it was getting mistier as i climbed............it may have been the low clouds

but i was havin' a ball

the further west the better...................some ruins of old houses from better times

even the camera was gettin wet...................soggy place for sure

eventually i spot the sea...................almost there...................higher than the world.................no one to bother me hereabouts

everything was clouded in mist all the way round

i could get the faint whiff of female......................i kinda attuned to the scent of a female...............not sure why............just another genetic malfunction of sorts................and again in among this wilderness what comes over the hills only a white woolly hareem...
and these girlies were anything but shy...............almost jockeying for position.....................what can you do............it just didn't seem right to just ignore them.......

to be continued
mka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:51 AM   #140
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

after many hours of mutual satisfaction and debauchery i had to bid adieu to the ladies...................smiles all round............
so on down to the wee port place i went

the pics do not do the place justice and it was a lot wilder than you would think................the girlies had wandered off one by one back over the hills but one lassie half followed me down most of the way................reluctantly i shooed her off back to her own kind......
nobody lives anywhere even remotely near here.............and i had never been before................and i was amazed cos the place was truly
beautiful.....

bike included here

port is or was a village which thrived in the long long ago..........mostly fishing and sheep farming and growing subsistence vegetables and of course potatoes................the death knell for this place came with our famine..............the whole village just died away.........the people were native irish speakers and would have had very little to do with the outside world as the place is so remote........

there was a shipwreck here in autumn 1870.......................a ship was bringing cargo of timber from quebec canada to scotland and got blown off course............of a crew of 21 souls only 2 survived this catastrophe...........and 4 of these poor souls are buried here

there is a cliff walk..............i walked a bit of it but got blown over a couple of times and it dawned on me to cop on and keep safe

i had kept my helmet/lid on as it was so cold.............i must have looked a right numpty............if anyone had been there !

the sea was calming down nicely

eventually it was time to pick the wool from my teeth and head homeward bound..................stopped to get pic of our bogs and then some turf

eventually i made it back to the nearest city.......stopped in to the local walmart for supplies....!!!.............no Frey's allowed ...!!

on way back i sloped in to fishing town of na cealla beaga just to check out da boats

the day was almost done..................it was drying out nicely................the sun appeared..........momentarily..........yes........ ...had a great day altogether...............the photos are poor as you can see...........i blame the wet...........the damp...........and the photographer................but sure that's life......................and oh, when i got home i went upstairs and beat the living shit outta the fu*kin bank manager...........threw him down the stairs...............and kicked him all the way into the sea (i thought you might like to know !)

and so ends another day in the tinymind of yours truly...............thank you for your patience........and for indulging me once more
disclaimer....................no animals were hurt or injured in the preceding story...............some actually had fun...........!!
Old 02-04-2014, 06:04 AM   #141
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Oddometer: 2,112
Hey Doug..............cool pic of roolly rocks there...............used to study that stuff long ago
............even went to iceland (on a geology trip which turned out to be a totally fully fuelled alcohol binge fest after landing in keflavik airport i have no real memories except for a beautiful girl, i even remember her name...Aska.....the beer was for nothing as it was an american airport base of sorts and the local hooch...man it should have a government warning...............you geologists all drink like fishes ?)

Ha ha! Yup, it's a requirement if you want to be a geologist. I vaguely remember graduate school and all the field trips we took, but I must have done OK because I have lots of "A"s on my transcripts, as in AA . I truly used to have a drinking problem that I developed in school but have grown out of it. I do have hazy memories of one particularly gorgeous girl in my field geology classes named Donna who aspired to be a ballerina... Wonder what became of her? She had black hair and blue eyes, a "Galway Girl" like Steve Earle sings about.

My son is a commercial pilot and I've tried to keep up with him and his buddies (guys and gals) when they're drinking and I can't do it. Pilots make geologists look like amateurs. They are serious drinkers and apparently it's a common thing - they have a saying "8 hours from bottle to throttle" because they believe all the alcohol in your system will be metabolized within that time. Maybe, but I am pretty foggy still eight hours after a hard night of drinking... They strictly stay away from pot and other stuff because of the drug testing thing so they focus their attention on serious drinking. I think of this when I ride on airplanes.

I have lots of photos of rocks taken while motorcycling, it's a dual-purpose thing I enjoy. I've learned to park the bike to do roadside geology though; I was riding off-road once and caught sight of a cool fossil lying on the hillside, gawked at it, and immediately crashed and cart-wheeled down the rest of the hill. I picked myself and the bike up, walked up the hill and collected the fossil, and then rode home to recover and fix the bike. Lesson learned, it's dangerous to mix vocations.

Man, your photos are great! I'm a big Van Morrison fan too so it was great to see photos of his birthplace. I love the countryside too, very beautiful. Is it always so wet?? Man, I'm afraid I'd get a little tired of that... And what's up with the piles of Earth turds in the bog - is that how they harvest peat??

Cool stuff. I enjoy reports like yours because I doubt I'll ever get the chance to visit that area myself, sadly.

Doug
Old 02-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #142
Frey Bentos
not listening

Lovely. I salute your determination in the pursuit of a good photograph. As I have stated before, Port is my Talking to God place. Or at least, one of them.
Keep on truckin'.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:24 AM   #143
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

hey ho...........dairy oh, up the yard and away we go...............no milk today
well...'tis cold and shitty 'ere now................nothin' doing abroad tonight.................shnow on da hills too..........whaadddaaayyaaatooodooo ?
a few old pics from shmall spin locally last autumn harvest time.
don't know much about this but there's a place called 'dooneys rock' in or abouts the county of sligo and it was made a bit famous by a mister yeats who wrote i think 'the fiddler of dooney'................this is about a musician not about a man who fiddles with himself........so it is a place i thought i would head for when ooot an abooot one fine day

this dooney rock is nearby a place also made famous by the same buck.................'the lake isle of innisfree'..............i think (?)

anyways, theres a bit of a forest of sorts here and all the leaves were a falling (this being fall and all)..........good place for a bit of a cuddle with a young wan too..........if ya had a young wan with ya.

and round here most of the trees grow in the one direction

you may laugh but there are places on the west coast here where trees, if they grow at all, grow sideways from the winds !
as the need arises i fit in pics of bikes..............this be later same day down by knocknarea area

after my huge ramble through the trees and stuff (all of 15 to 20 seconds) i made my way back to the car park. i was beginning to see the light.

so onwards to some ould graves etc................to a place called carrowmore..................burial chambers etc......called dolmen
such as this kinda thing.

it's a bit mad i know..........
.....whattlllweedootoodayy hi
.oh yeah, whhyydoonnttweeeppuuutttbbiigggssshhhttooonness on small shhtones for a bit o crack...............................!!!........... ....ffuuu***kkin' great idea there cuculainn !!
so.........typically irish these hardy bucks couldn't just do it once.............they did it everywhere and then reckoned on doing big circles and big circley walls and all kinds a stuff...................after they were done they drank like fec*kers for at least a week..........!!
please see results of this here wee bit o madness. and i'm sure you'll agree it must have been mighty crack when they got going...

pretty soon there wasn't a stone left lying anywhere that they hadn't lifted, flung or screwed with.............

so they sat down to drink !
but of course there's always one madder fu*ker than all the rest................he wasn't happy yet to quit...............he still had more stone
work to do..................but there was no more stones here.....................so he scratched his big red head and thought while looking all round him......................and the penny dropped..............i know he says to his clan...............i'll fu*kin build on to p of that there mountain..................says he, pointing away in the distance.........................and with that........he races off over the fields..........ranting and raving like the crazy fu*ker he was................and he ran and ran..............and ran..............all the way up to the top and built pile after
pile of stones into a big lump right slap in the centre on top of the mountain.
and if you look real close you can see the handy work in the distance on top of this place, a bit of a nipple on top of the mountain
well, i suppose the buck that built it, was a bit of a tit himself.

a bit of a better look at the great job done

i better put another picture of a bike in here or i'll be fu*ked out of this here thread (thank you kindly ADV)

slan agus banacht go leir
Old 02-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #144
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

Seriously, one crazed guy lugged all those rocks into that giant pile on top of the mountain?!?!? Holy Shite that's a lot of rocks, and big ones too! Not only was he crazy, he was a tough bastard too! Maybe he went nuts trying to plow his rocky land and thought by Gar I'll get rid of all these f-ing rox if it's the last thing I do! Mission accomplished, apparently.

Gorgeous photos of a gorgeous place...

Doug
Old 02-11-2014, 06:12 AM   #145
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Doug,
i think the red headed buck was actually the first recorded and annotated gobshite that was medically proven beyond reasonable doubt to be.............as the doctors and soothsayers of the times referred to........as 'stone mad'..............!!!
rave on dude, rave on...........
Old 02-13-2014, 05:58 AM   #146
manfromthestix
Lost in Space

I would have to agree he was "stone crazy", that's a shite-load of rocks! Better that he put his amazing strength and energy to something like that than any manner of destructive things he could have gotten involved in. I'm sure it made the field easier to graze or plow!

No riding here for a while - we got 12 inches of snow over the last 15 hours and it's supposed to keep it up for the next 20 hours or so. I hear some places up on the Blue Ridge Mountains have 20 inches so far, so the BR Parkway will be closed for a while.

We've had a cold and wet winter so far but this is the first snow of consequence. I'm headed out soon to take a whirl around the farm on my cross-country skis, should be great!

Doug
Old 02-13-2014, 10:53 AM   #147
Frey Bentos
not listening

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 2 inches of snow here and the country grinds to a halt.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:51 AM   #148
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

motherfuggger that looks coold and desolate............i know people rant about the greatness of skiing and all but otherwise the white stuff
is good for fu*k all...............well maybe shnowmen (that's west of ireland spake for snowmen)...............and maybe shnowwomen too.
small bit (een) (een at the end of a word usually here means small - eg. dick'een - small bit of a dick) of a rant arising here
so i look back to another day out abroad in the coastal spot of strandhill..................there i spied the largest...........
purplest..........
most turgid...........
erect...........
and hard............thing sitting on the fu*kin' promenade if you don't mind................for all, including grannies, to see !

while i marvelled at the size of this specimen i felt a bit faint and needed a sit down and a strong cup a tae !
i was that long waitin' i could have milked the fu*kin' waitress when she appeared...............only it wasn't a fu*kin' she.........it was a kind
of a he.............with a bit of she thrown in.........(but sure, he's some mother's child all the same)
grand, order taken....................after many clouds passing, waves breaking, people passing.............ie. foreevvvvaaahhhh...........!!
the buck appears back with my snack.....................well, the tae was freakin' cold, the hot pie was freakin' even colder and this spastic with
his fu*kin' eyeliner and his tight ass jeans and his fu*kin hair hanging over one of his fu*kin' eyes................well, he didn't seem to give
a toss he was so stretchered into his jeans i doubt he could actually breathe................
well, i let him know the fu*kin' story..................and lo and behold i get some action...........out comes three more staff, this time real
females....(fine things too, so i started to feel bad about it)...............and 'we're so sorry and all that shit'.............so i let them grovel a bit.............and out comes some hot food that
turned out to be hot this time..................
i had had plenty of time to mess with the colour thingy on the camera while waiting for me snack

so if you've had dinner and are full to the brim, try here, cos by the time you get fed you will be a very hungry bear.............
end of rant !
after all that i head back, as if by magnetism, to the big purply thing, and got this pic of the street

while standing there minding me own business, this wee granny shimmies over to the big black thing and stares at it, then gets her hands
on it and starts to kinda stroke it, like you would a horse or such.
i do believe she was even talking to it but she was so quiet i could barely hear her with one hand stroking it and other hand holding her
handbag, pretty soon a crowd (4) gathered to witness this wonder, we were all willing it to rise even further.........lo and behold...
witness, for yourself, the magic power of a hand massage......................!!

so ended another small spin out in this fair land.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:42 AM   #149
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

history ?

after that useless previous addition i would like to take you guys and gals on a bit of a lash through a bit of our recent and not so recent local history and such
i found myself atop me bike oot and aboot a few days ago............under thundery grey low skies - i swear, after a time you don't notice them
as much (i bet it's the same in oooregon and places like that)
so, after fun through twisty back roads i was on my way to enniskillen................been here many times...........but never went up to 'royal portora school'..................never had any reason to...............still no reason to................but it looked a bit of a posh place.............so i said it's not a hangin' offence anymore and up i went

school motto above door in latin.........reads........

"give me your wealthy, your spoilt,
your upper classes yearning to be even richer
the great of your castles and palaces
send them to me
i will light the way to
further greatness and gold".........................reminds me of another bastion but more for the huddled masses

while up there on the hill i couldn't help but notice all the pasty faced, snot nosed, poh faced pricks in matching outfits walking about talking posh and generally being stuck up little fu*ks.................then i realised these were, in fact, the students of this revered school.
and some fine well educated and socially adjusted arseholes did graduate from this monument to royalness on the hill.
bucks like mister oscar fingal o flaherty wills wilde used to bed down here when just a small bit of a prick long before he turned into the truly great man he became..............hmmmmmmmmmmmm

some literary heavyweights went through here too, such as mister samuel beckett

and they lay claim to the mister who wrote the favoured hymn abide with me.

in the intervening years however, things have slipped quite a bit, as in 1979 they actually allowed girls to attend the school. imagine that, after 361 years of boys only, they lowered the gates and let girlies in..............!!!
mind you, at least they still keep the rosary bead crowd out, some things just would never be acceptable..........!!!....hahahahahaha
small bit of a rant coming
i stood and gazed (as you do, poetically speaking) down over the garrison town and my thoughts actually turned to burning this pretentious school/hole to the ground..............it felt good......i could only see how this hole on the hill just perpetuated all the hatred, the 'settler attitude' that still flows through the veins to this very day.........how after more than 400 years of injustice and then insurrection, nothing has changed................how the settlers came to many lands all over the world and stole, plundered, raped and murdered and then went on to establish 'civilised towns and peoples' and the upper classes who love the queen and union jack and all things 'civilised'

.....but the moment passed..............and sanity floated back down and through me
note on the photo above how each church tries so hard for its steeple to be the highest (as if highest means closest to god), this is the same in most irish/northern irish towns and shows the pettiness of church leaders on every side of our fractured society. maybe it would make a good photo thread..................nah..........!
so, to calm myself down and cool the jets i scooted down to the river and tried to relax by throwing stones at some swans and ducks (it's a passtime here..!)

this one would make a tasty snack, he looks mighty grumpy to me..

in the interest of fairness and showing both sides on this tiny history jaunt, i headed for 'tully castle'...........this place is quite well known
in some parts, it is on the banks of lough erne and it is more a big house than castle and it lies in ruins since 1641.
ok, it was built by a scot called sir john hume (not the latterday hero - john hume) around 1613 who by being in the right place at the right time was 'given' lands in the locality........2000 acres approx.............within a few short years he had 'acquired' much more and owned most of the area between enniskillen and belleek.............he brought over scottish builders to erect his castle and even built a new village (some dispute it is the current village of churchhill nearby) for his tenants and such.
the castle of which i speak

the tenants were invariably scots and english of 'lower classes' who helped build communities around the countryside and protected each other from the 'peasant locals' who were a constant nuisance, having been thrown off the land.
life went on quite well, 'people' prospered under sir john..........but there came a rebellion.............and with it a massacre.
christmas eve 1641..........
800 rebels under rory maguire, brother of 'lord maguire' the original owners of most of the 'settled' land....these bucks arrived at the castle..........most 'settler' men were away............they only got 15 or 16 men and 69 women and children.............plus lady hume and family..........himself was away..........so here we are................
christmas eve and all that peace and goodwill to all men and such.......the setttlers (who lived in churchhill over the way)....
on the next day, christmas day were all stripped naked...............and murdered............each and every one..........except, it is told for one little girl 'who hid in a manger'..................
800 rebels against a few men, women and children...................
the "rebels having stripped the inhabitants, except lady hume, of all their clothes, imprisoned them in vaults and cellars" of the castle....eyewitness account by patrick hume.
the rebels then burnt the castle down and it has been here, like this, ever since, christmas day in 1641...........never lived in again..........never

i found this to be an eerie place..........no one else there except for the past...........i got the smell in my nostrils of iron, that of blood that tannic smell and taste at the back of my throat.............

..........what kind of madness was this.........???
we, irish, are truly a tortured people...................and we are all truly to blame.......................!!
sorry about the drama here, it was just a spin out and about, and it seems the past is always in the present hereabouts......
jesus, this is tooooo heavy.............so on lighter note.....

thank you for your time and patience and all the other stuff too
Old 03-08-2014, 01:49 AM   #150
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

winter spring graffitti

still cold (ish) here..............gettin out for usual day spins but sooooo dull and grey skies.............and one bright day to make sanity return momentarily.

small waves too

rnli lads goofing off in the waves..............local lifeboat men

and a little grafitti/graffitti (?)

is it finally going to turn into spring, is it, is it ???????????.
fed up to the back teeth with this cloud pushing our lives down into the mire...............we need a puff of weed to breeze through our apathetic lives.........to give us the stimulant to want more............
keep the faith dudes...............!!!