Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
"so here i am sittin at a bus stop
wishing i was somewhere else
wishing i didn't have to work my rocks off
wishing i could please myself".............!!!

or something like that.......goes round and round in ma head all day man........bless u UB40...!!!
so.... - speaking of rocks , and all that. this one shows what i meant by crumbling and all....plus see the wires for da cablecars...

i moved ma big old ass along and was now at passo valparolo and it was just like the last ones...more rocks too...

up again lardyass and next stop passo di falzarego ?

and passo di giau ?

eating house at the pass

it would be a lonesome spot in the winter.

not much shit talk from me today...bit tired........just wanted to post the pics and move on....thinking of trying to do a trip in september to slovenia and croatia area.
does anyone know about this area....checking out BBR best biking roads - looks like some good stuff there ??

anyways as you can see it was a mighty fine day for scooting up and around, plenty of twisties and good food and a few hunnys to look at too....all was not so bad in my world...

i had stopped for slice of pizza in a place called Corvara..small town but picturesque (!)....then my phone rings (!!) and it is my friend H....!!
H says - man I think your bike has been stolen, it's not here..........!!!!! - for once i had one up on him.......!!!!

I let him swill in the shit for a few moments and eventually came clean that I had taken it..........big relief......!!! and big surprise...

so he says....where are you.....i says......dolomite alps...........he says...man you gotta go to a great town called Corvara........i says.....it's good ok but hardly great...!!!

he is just as amazaed i'm standing next to the resaturant in the town he is raving about.....when all along he just assumed i was in ireland !!

anyways...long story a bit shorter....we agree to meet at the end of my spin and go out on the town again.................aaaaahhhhhhhh......!!!

so i carry on...'come aboard, come aboard.........way up to caledonia'....ringing in my head now....hunnys crossing the street.......!!!

while i was yammering on the phone.....hunnys in the sunshine.......eyesight is a much underrated gift.......what was the man above thinking when he put some of these ladies together...........!!!

so i get myself steadied and eventually end up in a town called Arabba and pitch up at the Hotel Evoldo..........magical.......fantastico.......!!!
i used to do the camping thing....fine but here at night it goes to freezing in the valleys.......no fun no fun no fun......!!
so instead of camping glamping...!!

stay at this spot if you are near....very nice....not robbery....has a pool....jacuzzi and many hunnys....even tried the turkish bath.......naked only........you could easily see that I had not been in one of these before.........but did i care..........did i f**k ...it was a blast...eventually I got the hang of it....i tried the 'dont think about it' approach......no good.........i tried the 'dont look at them approach'......no good either.............i tried the 'say some prayers approach'.....that one no good either.......so i tried the penguin approach and smiled and waved boys, smiled and waved........!!!
so after cleansing myself from every pore and orifice.....now i felt dirty and clean all at the same time (!) - it was time to eat.........!!!
sorry - no pics but......very very good including pumpkin risotto......bistecca (steak)..........lots of good tucker...
up to bed........lots of pictures of nuddy ladies in the corridors.......very tasty indeed......my kind of place .
didn't sleep a wink........up all night........(no, not that...i had eaten too much!)

gotta go but i know you are dying for a flowery one so not wanting to diappoint ( i think this is bindweed, looks good but will suck you dry )

and another angle - these are just weeds and choke everything to death - but i reckon they look good while choking you - asphyxiation - yeah

mka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:23 AM   #32
randysway
n00b

Oddometer: 5
absolutely magnificent trip. I'm very jealous of your ability of travel around like that... I wish we had ferries in the US.
randysway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #33
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hello RANDYSWAY..........hope u are doing good.........yeah....ferries are handy......but i live in a tiny town in a tiny country on the very western part of a small
continent.......like a wart on the arse of a hippopotamus...........!!!...he knows we are there...he feels the itch we give him.....but he can't see us...........!!!
in truth it takes a long time to get to mainland europe...i be very jealous of those who live there cos they can just ride to russia, or china, or africa, or india.......!!!
such freedom.....!!!
just to recap my day of going up and down passes in the dolomites last september.....first left Steinegg on to Nova Levante on to Karerpass and sea then passo sella / gardena / valparola / falzarego / giau and then into the town of Arabba to hotel Evaldo (of the nuddy turkish baths fame !)
it reads a bit like a bag a pass but it wasn't - the roads just opened up all the time and all was done in easy smooth fashion.
so up next day after feck all sleep...bike stored in a secure garage..mighty......got fed...watered....showered........and off up the road.......
oh yeah i just remembered...i went running the previous day in and around Arabba....just to have a look really....lot of hills...nothing but hills.....cold in the shade...lots of shade too.......summer was definitely over here.
so where to now says I ....and the bike decided to head for Canazei...nice town in the hills..having gone back through passo di pordoi....
look sorry about this------smugmug thing not working for me right now so no photos----------will try later
mi dispiace
Old 07-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #34
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

load of balls....finally got it to work.........slap it around......turn it off and start her up again...........works in most situations in life

pordoi.......the pass in the morning...cold out

this be colle santa lucia ( i think)

can you see the cable car ?

there's not many people about as it is early but...in the sunlight it felt good...it warmed the blood right up.
so last of pordoi...might never be here again....!!

looking down into the valleys below..and some trapped clouds waiting to escape..

up and onward...passed through place called Moena and Livinallongo (??)

i was to do a big loop today and head back to the turkish bath...i mean the evaldo hotel...as it suited me temprament just diddly.....!!
so what pass shall i pass first i heard myself say........?....passo rolle...i heard back..first i headed toward predazzo bellamonte (!) - quiet valley...cool place with
a small church.....stopped took few pics......chased a few rabbits.............cursed a few curses........thought a few thoughts.........!!
bessie da bike in da sun sun sun

dis be da wee church

and no - i didn't go in and pray for you heathen screwups........! instead i will favour you with an all natural bright colouredy thing with a sticky hunny bit in da middle..!

and da wee church in da background

and soon i came upon the passo de rolle and untoward the light it did shine upon the mount and a great choir sang sweetly upon my soul and i was moved as never moved before..

the great rocks did indeed come together - squash up forth and - maketh striations before me - it was done

and so did i go forth and follow the light - into the light and on and on.......ahhhhhhhhhhh what is wrong with me........all this bs just from seeing a wee church...

the mainc soul, it seems, lives in me hole....and dreams.......
eventually i got to san martino di castrozza...beautiful town stuck up in the mountains.

must apologise for gettin a bit derailed on the writing babble stuff....it's time to take the tablet again......so i leave you.....adieu
i leave you with a close up pic of a sticky hunny thing and a little insect who is surely the envy of all the men in the world.....!!

Old 07-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #35
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

apologies for doing this trip in slow long interludes but my attention span isn't much longer than a goldfishes...!!!
apologies for doing this trip in slow long int.......
so here i was in san martino di castrozza (big moughful that !) and was mouldy for a drink (water mixed with something refreshing !)
lots of souvenir shops and coffee houses and all that jazz

but it left a good impression on me, this place.....but gotta keep her lit.....on and on
sun eased off and cloud started to butt in for a while....didn't mind as it cooled things a good bit

it made for spying some animals deer etc as they were now venturing to the road ...!!!!

too fast to photo but it seemed the woods were swarming with them
i did get off to chase after the f***kers but super fit as i am they were faster............!!!

having passed through town called Agordo the next pass on the road would be...........passo staulanza.....just a simple ride this....more f**kin deer though..!!
is it mating season..........do i stink that bad...........do i look like a bloody deer on a bike.....?? wtf...!!
ignoring their steady advances......just like buses you wait forever for one and then a ton of them throw themselves at you...
error error error...the next pass was passo duran duran........then staulanza..........just testing if you are paying attention or whether you were dreamin of ddddeeerrrs..!!
this be duran duran

for those who have not been to these passo's (!) there are rifugios (wee houses) where you can get food/sleep/water any time of year...useful if you are passing that
way in the depth of winter.........great idea.....hope not to have to need one soon...they are usually run by the same local families down the generations..

for you heathens - another church - not sure if it is catholic, protestant, or another screwed up sect....( they all seem to be selling something )
....but i liked the sky with the plane tracks (!)

heading towards staulanza and the sun came out and the deer went in and so it goes

time for pic of bike

and one with the sign..........!!!

it is taking longer to write about this trip than it took to do the bloody trip....i can't help it being so f**kin slow....so please bear with me......
i will be out on day release soon and then i will get a right run at it...but for now..........snail pace . . . .

last one of staulanza....may never be back this way again....!!!

the next way point was town called Caprile and on towards Marmolada....a big orangey rock but first had to pass by this rock...

dis be marmolada (i think....all starting to look the same again....de ja de ja vu )

i think the next pass was passo fedaia and it is near marmolada so i got a pew pics of the....rocks.........!!!

so eventually get back to Canazei.......big loop of dolomiti done...very nice run..........good.....comfortable.......plenty to see....if you're into rocks.........
thru Canazei and head back towards my turkish bath..........!!! made me smile to myself that did.......!!!
first i would stop for a drink to put me in the mood...yeah.....good idea.......gutt idee........why not....
up ahead - passo pordoi - (again) .....!!!
climb down offa my horse and tie her up....and mosey into the bar....feeling good....feeling even better.....
stable, outside bar.......

so, i'm sittin in the sun..like a big fat full cat.....sippin on a beer or three....or two i mean....civilised.....relaxed........yeah.....gett in in the mood...
and then some fella sits down at my table.... i look around....many other empty tables.......hmmmm........this may not be good.......
but like a big fat cat..i keep my eyes closed and ignore the pesky distraction........it may move on..........
'my name is stefan'............i open my eyes with a shock........disturbed out of my turkish dream.........
'i come from germany.......just came up from igoumenitsa in greece...!' - what - it's like the f**kin deer............why me ?
i nod........agree........'nice day' says i ............ 'nice day, ja' says stefan......... there i had passed myself, now back to turkey, closing my eyes....
'did you know' says stefan....'there is a german soldier graveyard right here' says he again and i could feel he was pointing to somewhere.
mannerly, i open my eyes again...yes indeed he is pointing at hill in the distance.......
i nod and say 'hmmm'
he nods and says 'many german soldiers were killed here by the italians......' man, by now he was wrecking my buzz.....
i nod again and say 'hmmm'
he starts on again 'many soldiers were trapped and picked off, killed without need' and stuff like this
again 'hmmmm'
by now i couldn't shut him up about the injustices of the war here (i think he was onabout the first world war and losing the area to the Italians, but not sure)
so i drinks up the last of my drink and after much gesticulating and talk he quietens down...........'nice day' he says
i want another drink but it could be costly to my fragile mental state so i think about it.
stefan starts up again...more injustice....so much history he was telling me....
eventually he looks at me and says 'where are you going from here ?'
i thought about it a moment
......' i'm into history myself ' says i...'i was thinking of headin north to visit Dachau to see the camps' says I.
he left very soon after and I ordered another drink...........hmmmmm.....turkish bath..........
i leave you with a flowerry thing

(and yes, the conversation with stefan did go as written above)....(surely you just couldn't make that sh*t up..!!)
Old 07-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #36
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Lovin' your trips mate!
Lovin' the stream-of-consciousness words you put to them...
and the photos are sweet.
Great stuff!

Oh, and the conversation with Stefan.... brilliant!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:31 AM   #37
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

hey.....WINDMILL.......!!!
..............glad you are enjoying this monotone verbal repetitive nonsensical pissant gibberish nonsense........!!!
i actually think i am just out there and no one knows or cares which shirts i wear, tell my wife i love her very much.......she knows...........
very kind words...i will keep up the scrip my doctors gave me and soon all will become clear...thank you
so i waited till the bould stefan left on his extremely clean shiny uber bmw and made my way over to ma horsie........she looked dated beside all the thoroughbreds
but a donkey is a donkey and it's not just for christmas.
up the road to the hotel...stripped off as i got into reception and straight for the nuddy turkish - i sits down on something hard and a little cold.....hmmmm
it is so hard - read difficult - to see anything but my eyes will soon adjust and there will be many voluptous and shapely frauleins - i can almost feel the tension rising within.
(i am picturing the specsavers ad right now !)
i am panting by now it is so hot....but is there anyone else panting.........nooooooooooooooo...............
the scene clears before me..........yes.......i see some flesh, actually a leg, now two legs (things are looking up, at least she is mobile !) ..........
as the scene reveals itself my tongue is hanging out (from the heat you understand) and soon I am face to face with............. a rather large and hairy........man
i must have scared the crap outta him cos he looked fairly spooked....maybe it was the panting or the tongue or the staring at his legs.........he got up and left
i was all alone........well, f**k this for a game of cowboys says i...and got up to go also.......gathering my bits of clothing as i made my way through reception and up to my room........exasperated...hot.....flustered....... .confused.......and pissed off...!!!
i submit for your approval a red hairy thing

so i had to take stock here as to what to do.........i could go back down to the spa area and slide into the pool to see what fishies might be biting or sit up here and watch tv - cnn, to be accurate
so i head back down ignoring the stares from the reception ladies......hmmm.....there's a thought
no - i would do some laps and get over my current predicament with gut clean exercise and robust eating later....eventually i would calm down.
eventually i had satisfaction of a sort and my nuts no longer felt as big and green

of course by now i had the hunger or a rabid dog.....jes*s i could have eaten a rabid dog.....and in ways i felt like a rabid dog..
a dinner of fettucine, meat, cous cous and other exotic sounding stuff washed down with rosso rosso rosso (are the bottles smaller over there ?)
so, sated i hung my weary head and traipsed up the stairs hardly spending any time oogling at the nuddy ladies in the paintings on the stairs.
i slept like ....well i slept, lets leave it at that.
like a lake....calm

whole lot of bullsh*t and not one pic of a bike...........whatishappeningtome...motherofgod.. .......gottaliedownrightnowbeforeicollapseanddieof atotallackofspaceinmyhead
Old 07-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #38
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

next morning comes hard and fast........
and then down for breakfast.......many types of food - cheeses, yogurts, cereals, coffee, and a big sign on every table.....most of the f**kin passes are closed today because.....wait for it.......allow exclusive use for bicycles...........!!! - mog i'd heard it all now............bicycles.....only bicycles......no good if you are crippled in a f***kin wheelchair and feeling lucky.......no.....today it's bicycles only.
this helped my mood so i thought back into the recesses of my mind..to the one phrase that might calm me down...i'd used it before to steady myself........
....yes, there it is.......i thought...'what would Homer do ?'.............so i did what Homer would do and ranted where i could not be ignored...i ranted at the altar of the reception desk.............and even though there was a slight language problem i think they got my meaning.......!.....that was when they asked me to leave their luvly hotel and turkish bath...they asked in so many languages I could hardly refuse............Homer, sometimes you just gotta chill man...
packed up......before leaving I cleared my bill...ye, i did pay, i really did........and then while leaving I could see all roads were closed......how the hell do I get out of this town................head upwards....only way....no......head downwards.....yes........away.......
this be a small river at the end of town in Arabba no big reason to put it in here but i thought it fitting

this, being a sunday, i prayed. the weather was lousy, the roads to all the passes were closed..........the turkish bath was now out of the question.....so.....i prayed.
i was going to riva del garda...there is an irish pub there and it was all ireland final day (third sunday after lent..i mean third sunday in september).
so only road out of there towards Ora and Roveroto and then Riva..........good plan.......rode like a monk with his cassock alight.
found the bar....by now it was drinkin time....
impeccable parking...right outside said bar

i was as the ladies might say.all aglow.......mighty time to eat time to drink time to watch the game........then off to hotel or if i get lucky more drink !
this be the sign for said bar...

in i go..........as i said in i go...........and back out i come..........and in again.............no f**kin telly........no...go check again.......no can't see one........up to the barman
........howaya doin and howwsitgoin and all that..........blank f**kin stare........i said howaya and howsitgoin again..........no...he's deaf i think..
so a bit of the ould sign language...indicating a box and me staring at the box.......nothing...not a peep......right i do what Homer would do......HAVE YOU GOT A TV HERE ?
as loud as is mannerly......a flicker in his eyes..almost there........and he comes right back at me......no.....yeah the man says no..nada...niente.....nein......
i had ridden as i said like a monk on fire to get here for the sole reason to watch a match in an irish bar and the only thing irish about the place was the f**kin word
'irish' on the sign outside.........oh yeah..and what the f**k does marilyn monroe have to do with it....???
poxy irish bar........most of them are poxy anyway...but this one was the poxiest of them all.
so...i have to re-think this one.....but no...i am not going to see the match.....tough titty....right..what to do.....more riding...thats the ticket !
i skite down the west side of the lake to go right at gargnano....but christ of almighty i miss the exit/turn/sign/stop whatever and end up in Salo..miles away....
this is turning out to be a freakin great day....and it's bitchin hot by now too.....back up the same bloody road and find my way and head to lake Idro.........
this be the lake with not much of what makes a lake in it

this be a bridge

this be neither a lake or a bridge

so as i ride along my mood indicator is moving towards the F and away from the E......it is not so bad....
it is still very hot and clammy but at least i am riding...good twists too.......but the nagging in the back of my head...no....the nagging is about the match not what you were thinking.....

by now i am going up to passo di tremolzo (?) and it is gooood...through forests and glades and sunlight and deer and unicorns and faeries...well you get my drift...soon i am at the top and ready for phase due.

the clouds were starting to come down a bit and the wildlife was moving about on the road...these bucks were arsing around on street corners up to no good...!

next thing you know these hardy f**kers turned up and it all kicked off..so i beat a retreat and slipped to the side

sorry gotta run.......i can't stay out and play.....i have to go in for me dinner
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 AM   #39
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

god, i love cows......yeah i know, maybe you think it is strange but, i like cows..........they have big brown soft eyes and just walk about slowly just eating and mooing and doing nothin to no one......they dont mean no harm...just eatin and mooing......that's it......!! they are even restful to be around and sometimes at night if you are bored
or drunk or both you can slip into a field and push one over when they are asleep.............this was a bit of a sport when we was younger but the poor ould cow never even seemd to mind even that.............just mooing and eatin.
no, i'm not david attenbrough but i'm just saying.
take a look back at the brown cow with the luvly yellow earring (2661).........did you ever see such beautiful ears ? did you ? ever ? and the colour of them....!!
ok, calm calm calm...........the routes i was taking were mostly from website bestbikingroads dot com - and app too (of course !) i know there's an app to everything.
there were some great runs and some brillliant and all worth the price of admission.......
i was running on fumes again ....aahhhhhhh....and being a sunday afternoon i was in for a glide or two (coasting down hill) and eventually got to a place called capovalle and drank my fill from the pump of life there.
top of tremalzo...clouds coming down cooling everything off

another angle

right.now full up....i had to get a place to stay.......the webby thing......search bike friendly hotel in riva del garda....no bother.....easy...the mirage hotel...!!!
up the road and soon pulling into hotel...park up........up to ladies in reception.......hmmmmm......nice......buongiorno.. .etc etc
it slowly dawned on me (not the brightest, me) that I was getting slightly strange looks.....panic......is my zip down......does my ass look big in this.......have i wet myself (again).........no...nothing obvious but definitely a bad vibe...ok...just get a room........
sir.......this is a bike friendly hotel..........not a biker friendly hotel...................DOH............!!!
of course...bikes are everywhere.....in the lobby...on display........all through the car park............what an ass i am .......!!!
big deal says i - i used to ride a bike but i'm all right now.......
on top of that....it was an eco friendly hotel.......there was hardly even a f**kin bed in the room.......bare walls floors...no soap.......no nothing...!!
i didn't give a monkeys and thought ....well i could go out running..what with the eco thing and all.......and so ...i did.....!!!
grand spot to go running is Riva........very nice parks and such.......back in and shower (with no soap) and so to get fed.....up the main drag...
not friendly at all.....staff were like zombies........eyes dead from a whole summer of us fat f**k tourists ordering big fat f**kin pizzas and giving them only abuse as a tip...
so. i made allowances and kept me trap shut.
this be the fancy marina at riva

at least Donegal won the all ireland (superbowl, for the irish !) and man utd beat liverpool......happy now
and so to bed.......what to do tomorrow...where to go...dreams of passes......dreams of twisties.....dreams of a beautiful doe eyed cow with long eyelashes.....with full udders....walking across a beach.......naked...........
(and she was quite horny too..)
Old 07-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #40
ckjj888
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
The horse is
Suzuki DL1000?
ckjj888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #41
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

yes...sir.......CKJ888.......well spotted.................this is a v-strom 1000 dl...............i took all the stickers and stuff off it one moody day............!!
thinking of spraying the silvery bits a matt black too.................but that will have to be another moody day..
next morning..........monday i think it was.............up early to catch the worm................this time to go up the east side of the lake...........again bestbikingroads dot com was to be my guide........and sunday i had already checked out the west side of the lake........................!
big eco bike friendly breakfast of straw....hay................and some nuts................perfect.............!!! the ladies on reception were, well, they were just fine, so I smiled and waved, smiled and waved, and in return i got almost but not quite a smile................maybe it was a sneer..............but maybe it was a disguised smile too....!!! perseverance pays off....!!
my good friend here tells me.............when entering a pub....smile at all the ladies............be friendly...........after all you are only going home with one of them.....!! (if lucky )
so after a filling swilling i head out and up the road..............it was cloudy and the further up i went the more so..............it was getting silly but maybe i would go above the clouds...!!!
............idiot............!!
i parked up

i was making my way for Bocca di Navene (!)...............famous place bikers stop and shoot the breeze.............and eventually I found it in the mist

it looked closed and shut up but i ventured in to see what the crack was..............little old lady and a man just sitting there so i order coffee (to help wash down the straw stuck in my throat) and a bun/brioche/croissant

from this place there is supposed to be a magnificent view of lake garda and mountains etc but i could hardly see the end of my flute

it is supposed to be 5,000 feet straight down from here (not to my flute !) to the lake !

so on and on.........lots of chalky white rock and steep drops to one side.............not easy to make out always as the mist clung (!) very thick in some spots.............but it
was great fun anyway.............talking up a storm with myself.......both of us in good humour.............maybe the hay for breakfast has a low g.i. as our energy levels were soaring...........scooping round perfect bends.........!!.....maybe it was the third cup of coffee/jo at Bocca di Navene ?

this gives an idea of the tunnels/rocks etc................not a sinner anywhere, just us two...............not even animals were out............bit eerie but must be amazing when there is some visibility.

bit of an overhang here..

then i came out to a clearing.....fields.......etc..............and out of the mist come some.............COWS............yeah............. .....and back into the mist they strutted as if it was just another sunny day........
i stopped as i had nearly hit one as i was going 'too fast tommy, goin too fast' in the bends for the visibility.....i also thought it must be time to take of the sunglasses.........i do like to look very very cool (after all this is Italy !) but sometimes one needs to be practical.

gotta go.................the hay is going round my belly like a spin drier...........the straw has found a way out................oh and the nuts..........the nuts they hurt right now............

Old 07-19-2013, 04:19 AM   #42
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

back again.....agus arais aris anois
the bocca navene run was really good even in the mist and next up was to be passo telegrafo..............!!!! this i thought was amazing, i may have been travelling a bit too fast
now but it felt okay and there could be no other dickhead out on the windy tracks/boreens in this thick cloud !!!
passo telegrafo..........up the mountains on east side of lake garda..................mega, and the mist had cleared to reveal these kind of roads....they only got worse !!

there were some sheer drops here and the scenery was so incredible you would get distracted and plenty of areas where the barriers were gone............it was a pity i could not share
this with another human........but who gives a shit...............i was having a good time (and me too !) (wanker)

parts of the trail were very steep which became more apparent when i stopped !! you know what i mean....!
at one stage i pulled up and took 5 to have a look down at the lake looking up at me looking down and then got going again............no big deal i hear you say............yeah no big deal i hear myself say too.........but when i tried my back brake on next twist down.....well how do i put it.....................there was no back brake.............nothing..............shit shit shit !!
what to do..........use the front use the gears use the head..........but she's starting to smell.......burning...............fu*k this ............i'm 3 mile up at least can't freewheel.......i think it was the shock of having no brakes that pissed me off......................no big deal but the bike is not a happy bunny right now..................and i don't want to have to walk down.......
the bloody hill and find help in a language i cant speak.........aahhhhhhhhhhhhhh shit................!!!
with some very tight turns and just gravel surface with big rocks (fine normally) this was work now..................after about 5 to 10 minutes the brakes started to work a little and then a little more.........and now i could feel them having an effect..............thank f**k....i wont have to deal with having to walk (it was mega hot too )
eventually they kicked back in and i don't know why this happened but at one stage i was stopped and parked at a stupidly steep angle facing down and maybe the brake fluid flowed out of where it normally resides into an overflow thing........???...........i haven't a feckin clue actually..............but maybe as the angle eased out as i came down it flowed back into where it
normally resides and decided to do it's f**kin job.........???!!!
this is her when i get back to more stable ground...............cooling off.............and letting me know who's boss...............!!!

better road surface now...

she's the boss...yeah, she's the boss.................been good to me long time now................sputtered a bit high up in alps............like coughed a bit........might have been the
altitude for a little while cos when down a bit she has no cough at all ??
she may have a big ass but i like her big ass..............she never complains.............ever...........the bike never complains either...
the lake in the background

so........back down to the main road..............and up that road like mad..............great road skirting the lake all the way north to riva again...........road was empty as it was just
after lunch time and any decent person would be chilling out..................so the road was clear..............!!
back into riva...........i pulled in to the marina again just to get a ice cream or a beer or something

see the outline of the mountain in the distance.........it was looking like rain was coming soon..............very humid and close...........

i was trying to avoid going back to the eco hotel with its shitty bed and nothing else to look at.............but the drops were starting so i moseyed over and parked in their
secure underground bike parking facility.............at least i was taking up a shedload of space........hahahahahaha.............!!
up to my abode and then the skies opened...................rain..........we know nothing about rain...................this was biblical................truly ferocious rain.............it bounced off
everything.............bigger drops than i thought possible...................it rained for forty minutes and forty minutes and forty minutes..............it never quit for hours
the power went off in the dingy room.........it was a deluge................

it washed away all the unrepentant.......unrighteous.........overly zealous.........crazily religious........................disgustingly pious..................morally atrocious.........mega f**ks from
here to eternity...............
man...it rained down....i went outside when all others looked on..............and the feeling came down, down from above, and it moved within me.............and i was cleansed
Old 07-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #43
ckjj888
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Praise! Please continue ~ ~ ~
ckjj888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:57 AM   #44
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

yo yo yo yo...............delay guardia my fault big time................ ckjj888 appppooooooolooogiessssss.........
cleansed............yeah.............washed clean...........washed deep.................'way up to caledonia' ............. and the e street choir ............. san anselmo and here comes the night
and it stoned me to myself......just like jelly roll...........jelly roll soul..........here it comes..........here comes the night.............
a flower to celebrate, just an ordinary simple flower..............ah been workin'.................ah been workin' so hard

so dere we was all cleansed up and feelin righteous and good..............ready to eat some of god's food...........some soul food............ready
and the rain rain rain came down down down in splishing splashing sploshes.................
back to earth now................just a hummin and singin and dreamin and thinkin and generally schmoozin......but i'm back now.............yessss sssiiirrr.............eeeeeeeeeee...
so i ate and i ate and it filled me to my soul..................and i went to bed and covered my head and didn't come down till morning.............then
i combed my hair with the leg of the chair.............and way on up to caledonia.......
checked out of the california jelly roll soul eco hotel after hay and straw and some nuts..........it was time to head homeward bound...........
the sun came up on the lake and it looked good....this be Salo area I think.

my last long look at lake garda was the spin down the west side of the lake early............i had planned to had back to Varenna area by going over 'the high mountain road' all around the bloomin heather...........
so one last look at the lake..........see behind the pool some old ruins from long ago

right so............i head for Storo and then Bagoglino (i say these names like i know something about these places but i know nothing....nothing)
going over passo di croce domini and passo di vivione...........lots of wrong turns..............a few silent f**ks................and many happy scenic views..........!!
small village en route.................stopped for a coffee to wash down the remnants of straw stuck in my teeth.........dismounted ma horsie.......and moseyed inside.....dark....just
three souls here........ordered ma coffee..........no milk.........latte..............milch..........f** k i cant drink it black.............but i had to drink it black...........the three ignored me awhile
i watched......seems one was a travelling salesman..........other two were man/wife gent/lady s/m boy/girl top/bottom............speaking of bottom, she was cute out.........and still they ignored me another while..........i could just sit and watch...........the two were buying or thinking of buying mountain boots and deep in discussion.............must be some sort of man/woman private bedroom game thing going on.....who knows.......................couldn't possibly be for walking in, no way.........i should look into this in the future...

bit of a lake up in the hills

i must have been on the high road to nowhere i took that many wrong turns.....i didn't meet a soul, not one, after the threesome earlier...........so i just chatted to myself....mostly inconsequential boring harmless chit chat and the time passed as it does when you are faintly amused at the state of affairs you find yourself in.

a bit ugly a bit fugly a bit weird a bit strange but a bit like a kiwi too................?

as i roved out and moved on i came toward passo vivione.......i think this is near here...........time was moving on and i suppose i would have to speed it up but i didn't want to spoil the mood that had taken forever to get into...............so i just said f**k it and kept going my way.........

i suppose i should have made an effort to talk to more people while touring around but it didn't seem right and..........the one numpty who did talk to me.stefan. well...........enough said about that conversation............
the high road was a lonesome freakin place afterall...........not even a cafe........hardly any cows..........and lots of clouds and mist

lots of twists and turns and ups and downs and all that stuff.................i was thinkin more about home now..........inevitable when your trip winds down and your time is up.....!!
skinny road this one..

cloudy day....

i made my way over hill and down dale and round corner too...................slowly winding my way back to the start and therefore the end of this spin out and about.............i suppose i was at this time nearly done................ready to go back to the real world............a world full of worries/problems/shitstorms/hassles/crap.........but it was getting nearer..........i could smell it now.........it was in the wind.............my time was nearly done................my ticket nearly punched.......no way out..............face the music..........but i would start to plan the next trip immediately i got home...........keeps the sanity and pushes the madness back down to where you don't realise it lurks.................!!
i make my way through a big town with a big castle (no i don't know the name....possibly Brieno...Brano ??)

went through another town Edolo................and wound my way towards Sondrio and Morbegno and on and on...............it started to piss down by now................great lumps of sky were falling and hitting the road all around me................but inside my world - within my lid - all was cosy all was well all was magical
pissed down all the way back to Varenna but i didn't buy into it..............wet or not wet...............it's how you look at it.
phoned my buddy H and we would meet up at varenna caffe for a slap up feed.................he came over in his red boat, me on my horsie.............caught up on old times.......chewed the fat........rosso rosso rosso...........eyed the hunnies.........had some coffee...............chilled out
next day...........i had to give horsie a bath...............clean between her legs..............oil her up good..................and polished her face............
tied her up (she likes to be tied up).................left her..................took train to milan

and did everything in reverse..........flew from malpensa..........to dublin...............pick up car...........drive home.........12 hours from horsie to home...............!!!
did around 2,000 km approx............horsie was totally at ease nearly all the time....................no bother at all
so, all done..................thank you for your time and your infinite patience..................this seemed to go on forever..............i would appreciate your comments no matter how foul or otherwise they may be...................how else am i going to learn anything...............i don't always want to have to say DOH..........!!!

now.....................where to next time..........................????
hmmmmmmm.............................!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #45
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 229
Quote:
now.....................where to next time..........................????
hmmmmmmm.............................!!!
Mate! I don't care where you go, just make sure you share it with us.
Love your work, most entertaining.

Highlights this time...
Stefan, beautiful, beautiful scenery, posh old places, great roads...
THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mka View Post

Wow!
And COWS!!!
Great stuff!