Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Day Trippin'
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #91
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 264
keep target in sight..........................
minutes......................hours passed...................
mist cleared....................still nothing.................this was one of their best............
but i was better....................
night fell.......................cold................... .......damp.........................still nothing.............................
tension crept up the back of my neck.........................tiredness ebbed and flowed...........................keep focused......
night took hold...........................and cold seeped into my bones
moon rose through the clouds appearing disappearing..................
the cold........................pouring into my consciousness.........................fighting off exhaustion................
new light appearing slowly slowly.................night was fading................
as dawn arose in the woods.....................animals started up...................birds took off.............................still nothing.................
nothing.............
needed to get downwind of target............................big sweep two and a half click arc....................quiet...................... .
in the distance discover his escape method.......................is it a trap...........................

closer

no trip wires..................maybe boobytrapped................leave it..............
move slowly upwind in to close out mission.....................
can smell his fear now i'm so close...................
the headache comes again in waves.................can't focus so good................and then clear again.............treadstone...........what is it............
he's on his knees.......................he's shaking...........................he's primary target.....................he slumps...............it's over
birds rise as one from the trees from the ear splitting crack..................
move in for the confirmation shot................squeeze again.........................it's over
retrace steps..................covering tracks quickly................cleanly............
check bike for any tricky stuff..................basic infra red sensor..................easily sorted.................start up...............off
and the nauseus ache in my head gains a foothold again....................focus slips.................misting over.....................out
feel myself slipping................falling.................ca n't get a hold on anything.................dark..............loud... .......
and back to life.................where am i..................i'm in a bus or something...................not normal...............nothing makes sense.........wait

man approaches.....................drops plate cup on table.........................one word...........one word............that's all he says............

'treadstone'..................................ever ything fades to black....................to black.......................everything
mka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #92
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Getting better all the time man.

Now an Explorer... ? Do you own the national collection of desirable bikes over there or something?
Run Donegal Triumph?

Thats a fine plate of potato farls you have there too, dammit.

Thats all for now, carry on sir.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:30 AM   #93
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

as my mind fades in and out of this accursed reality i inhabit.........
........i realise that part of me is standing by the lake in a village in a far off land..............this part
..........was as i explained, just standing there,
with my tongue hanging out and drool slipping down over my chin while staring at the hunny's walking by (if you could call it walking......to me it was much more a statement of intent, of 'i got it babe, i got it............!!!')
it was poetry in motion (i'm not talking about the drool right now)
so, drool gathering all down my front and a happy happy smile from ear to ear..............the incident in the caffe faded awaaaayyyyy.............mellowness infused the air around me................yeah................!!!
i figured...............time for some ice cream..............some sweet cool creamy ice cream............!!!
after picking my favourite flavours and paying up i was politely asked to move myself and drool away from the premises..............this i promptly did................so as not to offend you see...................and the gelato was very very good..................homemade.......hhhhmmmmmmmmm mm....!

i, licking like a dog, made my way back toward the bike..............in happy oblivion................my mood was on the up at last..........and the ice helped keep the lusty thoughts at bay.

i wandered about, took a few snaps such as these below.

and this one again, cos i likes it

well, by now the ice cream was all gone, what to do ? i noticed all the ladies were getting on the ferry.................
.suddenly i realised i needed to get on a ferry too..........!! but i would have to wait for the next one.
so i did.
wait.
for the next one.
to come.
here it comes................!! the excitement was palpable perhaps due to the possibility that the sugar from ice cream was starting to kick in.......!!
some cool cars

soon me and ma horse was upon da feerry......................and as 'frey would say'.........' it's not really a trip until you've been on a ferry '
and here i have to pause for an ad break as smugmug just decided it needs a little time out
later
Old 11-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #94
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

after a long and restful break we are back.
all aboard

horsie (sometimes called tractor, as gaeilge capall agus tarracoir)

in my need to be upon a ferry i hadn't thought.......where is this ferry going...........?? ...............i wasn't too bothered either................i figured it would probably
go until it stopped and then we would have arrived................which is pretty much what transpired.

spotted these fast yokes kickin up a storm...............hydrocortifoils or such

even with my super x-ray vision i couldn't make out any females on board this particular craft.................!

too soon the ride was coming to an end................isn't it aways !
into view came this, another church spire thing..................they are literally everywhere.

i cleaned up the leftover ice cream and drool from down my front and made myself more presentable before disembarking.............after all i might be one of those chosen to dine with the captain tonight and i wanted to give a very good impression on board.
we had landed on the west side - a town called menaggio not bellagio just menaggio..........solo menaggio no bellagio.............!
so anyways.................i got out of town...............headed north and then upwards (altitude wise that is).
stopped and looked back
south

and north

the roads became less road and more this as i went upwards (altitude wise)

before me appeared a vision..................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........!!

i hadn't realised i had gone so far upwards (altitude) and soon i saw some gates..............kind of white gates..............pearly white gates
much music of the elevator kind was to be heard in this airy place
there was a man there with clogs on.............
says he to me...........'son, i think you've taken a wrong turn cos there's no way in hell you should be stopped here in front of these gates'
says i to him..............'dude, i like your clogs'
says he to me....................'they're not clogs you dipshit, they're sandals'
says i to him...................'i like them anyways'
as he turned away he says to himself.................'fu*kin eejit............he thought these were clogs.......................fu*kin numpty and him covered in drool ! ha !'
i had a last look through the gates and could make out some cars ? got a quick pic before clogman chased me off for good.............the ould bollox.........he had a row of fu*kin ferraris.................i had definitely taken a wrong turn.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #95
Darel
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 150
Always nice to read your writing
Darel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #96
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

i was contemplating turning left at the grotto.................or right................or just head on straight when i heard a ferocious noise behind me.
it sounded like fury...............total pure fury............rolled into a fist and coming to the back of my head.
wierd but that's what it was like........................fear gripped me................fear gripped all the sphincter muscles i happen to own...........and fear tightened its grip.
i must have pissed off mister clogman big time.................they say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"...........well, this was not unlike that.
i twisted throttle and made like a bee out of a bee hive and soon was on the road to normal again.
enroute to normal it felt eerie, it really did. can't explain it properly like but everything was out of kilter, nothing was quite as it should be. on a bright day some rain fell, big drops, pure, clean but no clouds in sight................hmmmmmmmmm..............i'm getting paranoid.
got on to the main drag round the lake...................cars were too close, trucks and buses for once were getting in the way and there was never any place to overtake..................getting paranoider..........!!
eventually get a straight bit and all of a sudden i see hurtling towards me a big round stone...............big like a human head big..........and it was coming right at me.
bish bash bosh..............it connects with me or the bike or both.................some skidding.............some sliding................some braking.................some cursing !
kept her upright and i was ok too......................but my screen was in bits.......................getting even more paranoider..........!!!! hahahahahaha

i guess mr big balls clogman got his own back on me................all the fu*kin freakin bible thumpers rejoice...............yahooo !!
well i just got off the bike and ripped off my nice screen and hurled it skyward.............it hit clogger man between the legs and i felt much better..........he was doubled up rolling about on his big fu*kin cloud and crying like a baby.............and the bike didn't look too bad either.

with that i moved on. hmmmmmmmmmmm !!
next stop was to get back towards Mandello del Lario.................the ride was good, it was very good and no sign of cloggers, the ould prick. so life was getting back to my kind of normal............the sun was out.............the girls were out...............and i was out.
tried to get a room here just for the halibut................bali 'but' no luck - it was full/voll.

.............a nice lady pointed me in a direction and i followed like a dog on a lead........it didn't matter where it just felt good and my tongue was out lolling about.............and things were getting better.
we went way way up a mountain, she and i, i was getting a bit nervous incase we meet a passing cloud or two.
the nice lady led me right bang slap here..................hmmmmmmmmmmm..........!!

and as if by magic...................................she was gone..........................!!
but what a joint.............it was perfect..................and mother of jaysus they had their own winery................!!! now, that's what i call heaven..........!!!
this is the front of the place...............'al verde'......................it was quiet but relaxing and lots of good good food and wine...........what could be better ( i know you guys are thinking if it was full of ladies it would be better and yes, i have to agree it would be, but tonight would have to be a bit different, for once !!)

it was scabby horse time and i was ready for a big sinful debauch ridden devilish feast, i was malafoustered with the hunger.........!!
it started like this, i had manners (!) and asked for a glass of red................and out came bottiglia numero uno..............and some bread laden with garlic to ward off the divil..................it was all gone in a flash.
next up some pasta and with it arrived bottiglia numero due................f**k.................but it was good..!

i worked hard and like the guy in man v. food.......................this time man won.............!!
next up some MEAT...................and i mean MEAT.................this was no tender thing..............this was beast personified..............hard to chew but mighty and strong like deer or dinosaur or some other 'd' like animal................and bottiglia numero tre arrived to keep company with numero due which was well nigh empty...............christ............i was sozzled.

i couldn't even focus on the other diners (i think there were other diners anyway)
the meat was that raw it was still moving about and eventually out came this big hot stone upon which i assumed i had to put pieces of the flesh upon............and it sizzled and smoked and i drank copiously..........hahahahahahhahahaha..........mi ster fu*kin clogman...............stick that hot flesh up your ass...............you whining jinnet.................oh man i was seriously out of it now...................!
so i cooked and ate like a caveman and soon my flesh was gone................my belly was bursting....................and still they came..........now with desserts................and some sweet pukey wine................down it went too.............and still more.................next coffee (coffee..............?) and yellow fire juice name of limoncello i believe.............a pint of that stuff and you could go up in smoke.
soon...............three long hours later...............it was all but over..............i tried two three times and eventually got into the standing position........hmmmmm.............what now..............oh yeah................go upstairs.................easier said than done..............but like a true pilgrim on the mount...............i just kept on............had a very hard time with the key to the room.................and eventually fell upon what i took to be my bed.
what a day...................what a day
Old 11-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #97
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

next morning...........slowly coming to.................much droool on face and shirt............eyes open like slits................hmmmm
.............i seem to be on the floor..............but at least my feet are on the bed....................wooden floor...................hard................stiff. ..................head begins to remind me how it can throb
.................oh jaysus..............and as is always the case.............i say to myself...........'never again'..............
i squint around................door is open...............curtains open
.................the pounding gets stronger................oh god...............i need a drink
........................of water.................gather myself up and get to the toilet and drain the tank of tap water
....................and reach for the stash of ibuprofen.................
i go to the window and try to look up but the sharp points of pain sear the brain every time i aim for the light
......................eventually focus comes and outside is big

i sit on the edge of the bed repeating the old irish mantra 'never again' until the head clears and the drug does its thing.
coffee................the brain finally comes up with a word that really suits the situation we find ourselves in.
i go hunt......................suddenly it is like getting the munchies after a wee smoke.................i gotta get coffee.....................and i gotta get it now.
i find some stairs..................not easily managed but the need is great....................i find no one.....................anywhere...........searchi ng................nope........................not a soul.................but i do find
a coffee machine.....................a big....................hissing spitting kinda one.......................i know these machines...................and start the process....tamp down etc.
and soon we are flying...................still deathly quiet...................black and strong and like old oil it slips down...............one...............two.......... ...three
much better..................now it flows...................nothing to slow it down......................and feel it connecting and kick starting the whole furnace.
yes.................awake now and the mantra fades as if it never was uttered..................what mantra.
i have a look around.........still no one................mega pictures on the walls on the stairs...............the moments before impossible stairs...

the camera can focus...............i'm not so good yet.................but it seems this place likes bikers and such

i head back up to the room..............still not a mouse is stirring.............i have no idea what time it is but at least i had a clearing head.
back in the room i survey the perfect unslept bed and go back to the window.............there's even a balcony..........it's cold and dull and as i look up it
seems that the church up there has gotten bigger and everything else fades away...

it still hurts to look up but the fog is clearing...............i try to think back to last night..............did i embarass myself more than usual...............did i get in a row...................did i pay for my food................did i ?.......................but not much coming back, not much at all.
so i pack up..............takes 20 seconds................back down.............still no one...................i rattle around noisily so to get to pay someone and leave.................after a few minutes a sleepy head appears and she smiles.....................!!..............yeah, she smiles and the sun comes out and the angels sing and rainbows appear...............and she gives me the bill..............!
forty euros..........................all in.......................for all the food..................all the wine........................the coffee..................the room...........forty euros...!!
in my mind i kiss her and thank her and in reality i try to do the same.....................hahahahaha............... she laughs and waves me off and smiles again !
it's cold outside as i sort my stuff.............i take some more pics............so that i may remember this fine place

old car in a side swiped old barn

this was tied up beside my horse...

and there was even a guzzi van all the vay from germania....

now that i was feeling like a mountainy man again and having spotted this little path................i decided to try it............!

big mistake................this trail was not really for the two wheel travels...............and the further down i went the more this became apparent..............another fine mess you got me into.................
after most of an hour scrabbling about in the dense foliage and steep rocky path/trail i had had enough................and wanted just to be somewhere else..........
.............so got her back up hill and emerged bruised battered and sore.............but inwardly a bit pleased....................
the trail i shouldn't have taken..

with that i head back down hill to Mandello...................for a look around at some sweet things.................the kinda things you find in a pastry shop !
big apology coming up here..................please be aware................!!!
"long overdue apology to you about this longwinded story...........i beg your patience..........i can't write for long and i'm a longwinded fu*k at the best of times.......i will get this finished but it just takes so long to get the jist of the thing...that's why it comes in spurts............but then i guess some things just come in spurts................what can you do..........................so i'm sorry but i'll get there.................and thanks again for all your patience"
Old 11-26-2013, 06:58 AM   #98
ben480
n00b

Oddometer: 3
good RR, nice pictures, and great bikes.....thanks
ben480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:19 AM   #99
windmills
Gnearly Adventurer

Oddometer: 259
Quote:
"long overdue apology to you about this longwinded story...........i beg your patience.
Pah, codswallop man!
No need for any of that talk. Drip feed just means we don't run out completely so often.
Keep up the good work.
Old 11-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #100
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

thank you kindly for your comments and kind words 'ben480' and 'windmills'................!!!
any notes good or bad are a help in these dark and cold and wet times............!!
a rant of sorts starts to brew and fester and finds its way out ...............here it comes.......!!
the air weighs heavy on my shoulders...............the dark...............the damp...........sometimes it feels like its pushing me down...............down so strongly...................to the ground...............and further through the soil..........and further down to my grave where i will never be able to rise from.............where i will scream for an eternity...............silently
when i walk alone i'm not alone........there is this shadow/sideshow...lifesize walking beside me...............it's trying to warn me............trying to scare me..........it's never in the reflection.............but it is present.................and then it is gone.................and it leaves a cold clammy sensation on my hands.
and it comes this time of year always this time of year............just to remind me of my manic past.............the past i have largely forgotten or buried or avoided or made up or denied..............but it always comes.
i see in babies eyes hope and ask where when how why is it extinguished.....cut out......erased leaving only regret total regret for a life unfulfilled unlived
the drug dulls this but its still there just under the surface peering up out watching me fishy eyed waiting ready and letting me know always that yes i'm still with you...i'm still with you................the drug makes it worse.............makes it hazy............but it doesn't take anything away.............i don't want it hazy i want it real sharp focused..it's the only way to keep it at bay..............being on the bike makes it real sharp focused.........it consumes it distracts.............only me and the road................room for nothing else...............faster tighter more..................the bike helps for sure
in babies eyes...............................before the sadness comes
rant over...............apologies...........not meant to bring you down.....................but it rolls round and round in the head and maybe, just maybe writing some of it will pour some of it out and
and now for a picture or two

'the fields are wet with rain'

not a cow in sight..............!!
Old 11-28-2013, 03:51 AM   #101
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

hahahahaha......................what nut job wrote the last bit ...................!!!
better get back to the trip in hand and lighten the moooood............!
ok so headed back down to Mandello as reported................into a patisserie/cake shop and bought lot of small bite size bits, got them boxed/wrapped............drank more coffee and sweet buns and was on my way with my package...................just dropped them off to a real nice girl in her office and her smile made it all worthwhile...........!!!............per me ! she said
but it was while in the pastry shop i was really knocked back...................this was in the window

this was the sweetest thing in the place and that's saying something.
ok.......so.............good deed done......i decide to head to Bellano, few mile up the road...........to a bike shop called Vercar
and in their window more sweet things were on view

you may have seen some of these pics before but this is a sequential diary of sorts so here they are again (apologies)

and

seeing so many amazing Guzzi's it is hard to believe it began as a dream for three good boyhood friends who shared a dream before being carried off to a war which still bears scars.
i rode down to the waters edge and was thinking of how these young lads had nothing only zest for life for girls for bikes and were just thrown into something which they had no part in just to please the powers that be.................and how right now it's still much the same.

i'm away for a good cup of strong tea/tae......................thick enough to trot a mouse on............!!!
Old 12-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #102
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

grand cup of tea that.....................!!!
so where was i, oh yeah down by the water messing about.
up i get and on the road back down the lake side and spy another of the hydrofoil things..................these bucks amaze me............just ride up into the air.......................and away like stink.......so you have to endure another pic below

i'm supposed to meet my friend H for a bit to eat as my time is winding down fast...............and unlike the film, i can't buy time.............hmmmmm....!!
he's in the huge red boat 'fausto' racing past the foil below................!!

in seconds he was past the foil and slowing down..................!!! see below.............!!

and slowing down to jump ashore like mister bond..............!!!
we caught up on stuff and 'shot the shit' awhile..............ate like hungry men............stared at girls.............as you do....and all too soon mister bond
had to go on his way.................!

so i take one last skite up the hills to get one looong last look at this piece of heaven.............more bloody pics below.........!!

and the ferries that go forever back and over, back and over, ba..

it was time to put the horsie to bed...............to tie her up and bid her adieu..............it was time to go home..................................!!
so went on the treno back to milano.............it was pretty uneventful except for, except for..................but that's another story.
milano centrale evening time

i have a bit of time to kill before the bus out to malpensa so i wander about............
loads of bikes everywhere............i was thinking it would be easy to step outside and go 'now where the fu*k is my bike'

so the hunger gets the better of me and i head into the same old pasta house on the corner..............nice waitresses here and it is like my last supper...................i'm on a downer by now and will miss my freedom..........but i'm going home to a houseful of love and i'm duly grateful.

waiting on the food to come i get to chatting the staff and she says......oh but that's another story............!!
i eat in silence as montalbano does.............it's simple, it's fresh, it's italian.
no vino now...........time to detox (!)

and the view of the stazione

that's all folks..............it's been a pleasure travelling with you, let's do it again real soon...................!!..........thank you and goodnight.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #103
Bendernz
Torrential

Oddometer: 540
Excellent, as always.

Bendernz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #104
mka OP
Gnarly Adventurer

thank you kindly Bendernz.................

it's just a ramble, a jumble, a mix and a hodge podge of disconnected,

unrelated ramblings but does help empty the bowels

of my head every so often.
i'll keep adding bits and such and hope truly that no one takes any offence........

it is simply a method of therapy, the whole bloody thing i think is therapy, the reading, the writing, the pictures and the opinions.
but somtimes it's hard to see what going on round me !

Old 12-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #105
Shooby
Anti-Cager

Oddometer: 872
Maintain cover Agent MKA, watch yer 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk