Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 03:57 AM   #16
guitstik
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
I will iterate the sentiments of those that have gone before me, THANK YOU!!!

From your accounts so far I think that you should call yourselves the "Soggy Bottom Boy's". But I think it would be ill advised to put that on letter head, stationary or business cards for obvious reasons.

Harley Davidson: The cure for the common man.
71 R75, 73 R75, 81 R65, 97 R1100GS
guitstik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #17
Kedgi
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Reading in the Maritimes

Hi Guys

This ride report is hitting on all cylinders for me. I live in New Brunswick, my favorite bar is the Green Parrot, in Key West, Florida which bills itself as the "First and Last bar on US-1" I am retired from Air Traffic Control. (call me if you encounter more fog and need radar vectors) I have ridden to Fort Kent in search of the Northernmost bar on US-1 (any excuse for a ride) only to find that it, Jr's, was closed on the night we arrived at 7:30PM. We watched game seven of the Stanley Cup at the Swamp Buck that night. My riding buddy, Tom has suggested a ride the length of US1 for many years, who knows, that may happen, I have ridden from Key West to NB, avoiding the slab. Oh, and I'm an old guy with a scruffy beard and I speak with a Maritime accent. haha.

Safe ride guys. Thanks for your service. Subscribed!

If you are killin' time along he way, here's a link to a couple of my Ride Reports including the one from Key West to Shediac, NB. and a longer ride I took this past Winter to get out of the NB snow.

Kedgi

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=780191

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832336
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:32 AM   #18
PenultimateMan OP
Lost Boy

Oddometer: 54
G'day, eh!

Key, Kedgi!

Thanks for the links! We have family from Shediac going WAAAAAAAY back, so it was nice to see a shout out from up your way while we're all the way down here.

We stopped by the Green Parrot two days ago, right after we'd visited the Hemingway house and then proceeded to carouse all up and down Duval street, so please consider that, even though I didn't know it at the time, we raised a glass to you and all the ADVRiders at home right now . We may need those radar vectors if the rain keeps up. It followed us down here, and is supposed to lash at us all along our ride north through Florida on the return. Are you willing to field calls for a PAR?

I'll check out the ride reports as entertainment along the way back home. Stay safe in the Maritimes, eh!

Guitstik, it may be a new century and a new, more friendly Army, but you're right: calling ourselves the Soggy Bottom Boys might lead to some misunderstanding, and probably isn't the wisest career move on our part. At any rate, it would confirm what PeteinMaine's SGM thinks of us all already.

Thanks for reading this, everybody! We'll keep churning out the updates as electricity and internet access allow!

But I got laid off.

PenultimateMan screwed with this post 06-05-2013 at 08:40 AM
PenultimateMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #19
PeteinMaine
Adventurer

Oddometer: 25
Tosh.O?!

...there were 100-times more that looked like this:

Daniel Tosh deployed with you?!
PeteinMaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #20
kitesurfer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,610
i was in KW in feb and the green parrot was no more--new name/decor/people--unless it moved???
Old 06-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #21
Kedgi
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
Green Parrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesurfer View Post
i was in KW in feb and the green parrot was no more--new name/decor/people--unless it moved???
You must be thinking of another place. I tossed back a few in March at the Parrot. It is at 601 Whitehead Street, Key West, Florida. It's been "A Sunny Place for Shady People since 1890"
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote