Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #1
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Oddometer: 3,396
Tubliss Users A On SE Front ... All Good?

Heya fellas, next tyre change looking at the tubliss option for the front, great concept and works incedibly well for interrnal bead lockers on our truck at home.

So now the system has been around for a while, what say you guys who have them?

I did a few searches but all info was older so any updates appreciated.

Will probably go the tubless route on the rear and have been reading about that and again anyone with good better or improved ideas chime in.

Cheers All
....Where The Hell Are We .. Spot Us
Two Moto Kiwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
Afry
Why hike?

Oddometer: 531
Never tried them and thought they were designed for lighter bikes at lower speeds but I understand they are coming out with a new system for adventure style bikes this fall.

Get on with riding or get on with dying - one or the other
Afry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Oddometer: 3,436
Andy,

My buddy Trick and I both use the Tubliss system. Me on my SE, Trick on his Adv wih an SE front wheel. I also used Tubliss on my last Adv with an SE front wheel. Neither of us have had any trouble with the system, nor have either of us ever had a flat with the system. The inner bladder of the Tubliss system gets run at about 120psi, and it does loose pressure over the course of a few days to a week. If I fill my bladder to 120 and check it in a week it will be about 100psi. Tricks is the same way and my old system was the same as well. I will still ride my bike with the bladder down at 100psi, but less than that and I refill it. The good news is the inner bladder is very small (not much air volume) so it is easy to get the high pressures even with a bike pump.

Neither of us hve tried to run a Tubliss system on our rear 2 1/2" rims, but we have talked about trying it!

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #4
ABuck99

Oddometer: 462
Brent-

What size front are you running? Something smaller than stock? 1.6 or 1.85 ? Ive been considering this & asked Nutech (Tubilss) about using the 21" Tubilss system on the ADV front rim and they said "NO." Its too wide-

How many miles or how long have you been running it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Andy,

My buddy Trick and I both use the Tubliss system. Me on my SE, Trick on his Adv wih an SE front wheel. I also used Tubliss on my last Adv with an SE front wheel. Neither of us have had any trouble with the system, nor have either of us ever had a flat with the system. The inner bladder of the Tubliss system gets run at about 120psi, and it does loose pressure over the course of a few days to a week. If I fill my bladder to 120 and check it in a week it will be about 100psi. Tricks is the same way and my old system was the same as well. I will still ride my bike with the bladder down at 100psi, but less than that and I refill it. The good news is the inner bladder is very small (not much air volume) so it is easy to get the high pressures even with a bike pump.

Neither of us hve tried to run a Tubliss system on our rear 2 1/2" rims, but we have talked about trying it!
Old 05-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #5
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Andy,

Cheers man ...that is exactly what I wanted to know.

There is still nothing compatable for the SE rear? or do I have the wrong end of the stick?, was looking at the Silicone RTV deal for the back wheel.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABuck99 View Post
Brent-

What size front are you running? Something smaller than stock? 1.6 or 1.85 ? Ive been considering this & asked Nutech (Tubilss) about using the 21" Tubilss system on the ADV front rim and they said "NO." Its too wide-

How many miles or how long have you been running it?
Hmmm, Now you've got me thinking and I don't know! I'm sure my current SE has a 1.6. My Adv had a 1.85 as I believe does my buddy Tricks.

Total time, 3 years. Total mileage maybe 10k total for all 3 bikes but almost ALL of those have been dirt.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
brents347
Trusting my Cape...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
Cheers man ...that is exactly what I wanted to know.

There is still nothing compatable for the SE rear? or do I have the wrong end of the stick?, was looking at the Silicone RTV deal for the back wheel.
I don't believe Tubliss makes a system for the SE and 2 1\2" wheel and I have never done a wheel-seal job. I don't mind rear tubes so much because pinch flats are rare. I just hated how often I pinched the fronts prior to Tubliss.

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
Old 05-24-2013, 02:03 AM   #8
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
The SE uses 1.85"/2.5" rims, the ADV 2.15"/4.25". Tubliss is only available in 1.6" and 2.15", even though they have been saying for years that they are going to come out with other sizes....

So ideally you will want to combine it with a 1.6"/2.15" rims (that's the only size the Excel A60 comes in) but I know that some people have used it with stock SE/690 rims as well (Crankshaft is one of them). I'd make sure that you are running a tire with a thick side wall/bead if you do so.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #9
Lc8grrr
Vtwin madness

Oddometer: 415
Running Tubliss in 1.6 front on 660RR (about 200kg fully fueled with 48L) Works well and seems to hit softer on rocks or tree roots across a track, bit of a pain keeping the inner at the recommended psi though. I like it.
Lc8grrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:38 AM   #10
Boatman
Ride more, BS less!

Oddometer: 9,819
I tried the Tubliss on my SE. Had no luck with the front for some reason. I tried everything new tires, old tires, lube, lube, lube, replaced the sealing strip, even tried another Tubliss. The next day after inflating the tire was flat every single time.

The rear held air okay,,,,, for about a week. Got tired (ha,ha) of having to inflate every time I wanted to ride so went back to tubes.

Just my experience,,,, not bad mouthing the system.

I do know a few guys that went back to tubes after some time using the Tubliss for various reasons.

Hi/low beam conversions for: Trail Tech, Baja Designs
Boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,709
It seems we can use the sealing rim band from the 1190R.

This seems to fit. Hopefully we will be able to go tubeless quite reliably.
Cheers.
Clutch master cylinder resleeving
Out of office 25 till 4th August
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:58 PM   #12
Two Moto Kiwis OP
Homeless Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
This seems to fit. Hopefully we will be able to go tubeless quite reliably.
Cheers.
... dunno about this, point me in the right direction of a thread or info?

Undecided based on the above.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
milzispete
Conquistador

Oddometer: 218
I've used the tubliss front and rear on my 690 for about a year with no problems. my rims are standard 1.85 front and 2.5 rear. I've tried them with maxxis IT and heidi k60 scouts which both have pretty thick side walls. I also run them with tire sealant and get no leakage except from a little around the high pressure valve when I top up the high pressure bladder.

I must admit I was worried when I first fitted them about running them at high speed and the fact that they are not designed for my rim sizes. After the first 1000 miles of abuse I declared them awesome and I can't see me going back to tubes. I've used my 690 mainly on tough, rocky trails and high speed gravel for the last 4 months and my tires are fucked but my rims are in great shape. The bead of the tire has never moved and I've never noticed a flat

There was a thread earlier that might answer some of your questions here http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=560599

milzispete screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 01:40 PM
milzispete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #14
gefr
Life is a trip

Oddometer: 3,709
I read it in a Greek forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Moto Kiwis View Post
... dunno about this, point me in the right direction of a thread or info?
The rim sealing band for the 21/18 wheels of the 1190R should be sold as a spare. They incorporate the valves and pressure monitoring system. The valves in 1190 are eccentric so this could be a problem. Let's see.
Clutch master cylinder resleeving
Out of office 25 till 4th August

gefr screwed with this post 05-25-2013 at 10:33 PM
gefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:21 PM   #15
adiablolex
Lost again

Oddometer: 3,693
Quote:
Originally Posted by gefr View Post
The rim seling band for the 21/18 wheels of the 1190R should be sold as a spare. They incorporate the valves and pressure monitoring system. The valves in 1190 are eccentric so this could be a problem. Let's see.
I think you may be on to something here man

http://sparepartsfinder.ktm.com/Page.aspx

This looks promising I wonder if its available in Europe already