Old 05-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #1
xppx OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Wicked Scotland: Aberdeen to Hebrides

Here's my plan for next week:

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Ab...mra=ls&t=m&z=7

Anybody wish to join me?
I want to leave Aberdeen Sunday or Monday.
It's a rough plan. I just want to go west, hit Hebrides and go back. Two, three days trip...
xppx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #2
FJRCraig
WooHoo!

Oddometer: 72
Sadly I'm working this week, otherwise I'd have been up for that.

Been to Skye many times but have never ventured as far as Lewis.

Have a great trip and post the photo's for us

Craig
Old 06-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
marcing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
I did similar trip last week (6days) but unfortunately it was not enough time to go and see hebrides....

my map:
http://goo.gl/maps/UNLGa

The best road was that tight and snake road from Applecross going towards Isle of Skye. Also following road from Skye to Oban was superb.
On Skye in Portree turn onto B885 towards Bracadale - nice road. Or if you go from other way then in Bracadale from A863 turn into B885 towards Portree.

I highly recommend place called "KINLOCHEWE CARAVAN CLUB SITE - IV22 2PA" to stay for a night. All facilities so clean so something you can see the same in hotel room.

I'm not sure how far on the south you want to go but I never recommend campsite in BALLOCH near Glasgow. There is a campsite off the Stirling Road. DONT GO there. Unfriendly and not very clean. There is a big sign saying NO NOISE after 10pm. I was sitting with my friend by the tent around 11pm and the owner of the site came to us and said that we are too laugh. First I thought this is a joke but this guy wanted to kick us out. We were just talking even without a laught. And the house of the owner is located on the other side of the campsite behind mobilehomes (and the place is quite big). Next day I asked people who were tenting about 20m-100m away from us and everyone confirmed that they didn't hear any noise. SO AVOID.
Also there is place in Balloch which is cleary signed as a campsite but when you get there the lady in reception tells you that in this year they don't accept tents.. Place name: Lomond Woods Holiday Park.

marcing screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 01:08 AM
marcing is offline   Reply With Quote