Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 05:44 AM   #16
lefert86 OP
Vararaider

Oddometer: 25
Wink Solo Long Way Up- Day 07

Day 7, 26 Apr 13
Chiang Mai to Doi Inthanon via Route 108, 1009, to Mae Hong Son (MHS) via Route 1192, 1088, 1263. Distance 303kms

Left for breakfast at a Central Plaza along Route 108 from Chiang Mai. Then enter Route 1009 for Doi Inthanon.

Some photos along the way.....

and it gets more twisty.....some big nice bends...

then reach the entrance of Doi Inthanon National Park. An entrance fee for both of us, and one for the bike.....she was walking back from the ticketing office with the tickets. I got to pay only local price after my GF shooed me away from the booth, as the officer was doubting whether I'm foreigner as the could see my bike plate no. indicating my bike wasnt Thai-registered.

Some random shoots

inside one of the temples

Road to MHS was even more twisty, many HAIRPIN turns, inclining and descending.....no photos for the road as my GF was by the turns. Its was also my 1st ever attempt on these unknown roads and bends. I'm not a speed person, neither do i really attempt corners at speed...so safety first.....
Slow never mind...just enjoy the sceneries....reached MHS at abt 1830hrs when theres still light...check in RomThai Guesthouse, shower and went out for dinner...and a little stroll around the streets nearby...

Mae Hong Son Town Entrance.

walking out of guesthouse for dinner..and lucky enough to snap photos of this temple Wat Chong Kham

quiet streets of Mae Hong Son...not the tourist season yet

DINNER!!!!

a little stroll back to guesthouse....and we rest for the day

Ride Safe, Ride Far

lefert86 screwed with this post 06-02-2013 at 07:14 AM
lefert86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:19 AM   #17
lefert86 OP
Vararaider

Solo Long Way Up- Day 08

Day 8, 27 Apr 13
Mae Hong Son to Pai. 105km

One of the reasons for attempting the road from Chiang Mai to MHS, to Pai and back to Chiang Mai, is for its famous Route 108 or the MHS Loop of 1864 Bends.....im noob at cornering so i take my time as mentioned in the previous post....I took a slightly different loop, but nevertheless, i get more experience in riding bends and corners with this Vstrom.....now i know this bike could go REAL LOW during corners..but im not pushing my luck either

so rise and shine, pack and took some photos of the guesthouse before leaving. Nice place to stay. I will definitely stay here again......

the missus loading up the gears......

first went to the nearby pharmacy to get some med for her... then breakfast

after which.....the important task reminded time and again by my riding frens...to go to the Chamber of Commerce office to get my certification of riding the MHS 1864 bends

just wanna get that sticker

then we left MHS @1000hrs for the next place, Pai. photos along the way....and the strangest thing i heard from the missus since the last 2 days : "Faster, faster at the turn!" now she's hooked.....

good road ahead to Pai, a stopover at this attraction I tink i saw somewhere online about some "heavenly fish" in the cave of smthg. Missus and I didnt tink its worth paying for this "heavenly fish" and so we carried on the journey

the heavenly fish is somewhere after that bridge at the foot of mountain I tink...

next at Pang Ma Pha Viewpoint...

reached Pai just after 1300hrs...search for some guesthouses...then check in this Pai Highlands Resort

the room

then late lunch at a stall in town...

Grilled Chicken.....BEST

then ride to a small waterfall nearby town....

then back to guesthouse in the late afternoon for short rest before we go out for a walk around Pai Walking Street with some light shopping

some stickers for my riding frens back home in Sg...

then late dinner

and back to sleep....tomorrow gonna be a long day.....

Ride Safe, Ride Far
Old 06-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #18
lefert86 OP
Vararaider

Solo Long Way Up- Day 09, 10

Day 9, 28 Apr 13

Pai to Chiang Mai via Route 1095, to Chiang Rai via Route 118

start off the day with breakfast somewhere nearby....then some photo taking before we left Pai

Continue the journey back to Chiang Rai...nothing much...jsut road after road, bend after bend..........

after some 380kms from Pai....finally reached her village in Huai So, Chiang Khong, Chiang Rai.

I got to sleep at a guesthouse nearby within 2km from her house since her house was undergoing some renovation.... surrounding was rustic countryside....NICE....but forget to take photo of the scenery around the guesthouse on hilltop.....

had dinner at her house with her dad in another hour plus later after i had unpack and showered.... shared with him our road trip photos..... then i returned back to guesthouse for my rest....

Ride Safe, Ride Far

lefert86 screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 12:50 AM
Old 06-08-2013, 03:40 AM   #19
lefert86 OP
Vararaider

Cool2 Solo Long Way Up- Day 10

The day's plan was to get around Chiang Khong. Not thinking of crossing the Mekong River to Laos. gonna save it for the next trip. Afterall, if i attempt Laos this time round, wad anticipation & excitement is left for next trip ?

So after breakfast we took a slow & much relaxed pace to the subdistrict town of Chiang Khong. Happen to drop by this cafe...so went in for a drink

continue along the mekong river...overlooking Laos

quite a bit of fun twisty roads....but moderate speed if not the missus behind will scream and pinch the hell out of me.......let the pictures earlier do the talking.....

arrive a temple named Wat Phrathat Pha Ngao...went in

moved on after half an hour in the temple....stopped at the riverside looking over Laos....we were near Golden Triangle in Chiang Saen.

Laos on the opposite...

a short stopover and we proceed to golden triangle....walk around the place

King Seanphu

Late lunch at a restaurant by the riverside overlooking Laos

Plan to visit the Opium House Musuem, but we were too late...so proceed the long way back to her house.......

Ride Safe, Ride Far

lefert86 screwed with this post 06-08-2013 at 03:46 AM