ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #331
HBRDR
Invisible Rider
 
HBRDR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Oddometer: 244
GSW mit Remus

__________________
U R Invisible

2013 R1200GS
HBRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #332
iride4u
Gnarly Adventurer
 
iride4u's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRDR View Post
Be careful about having anything stick out past the license plate holder. I had a pair of P3s and they melted. The new set is below the holder.
iride4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #333
mefly2
Beastly Adventurer
 
mefly2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Big Sky Country
Oddometer: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
Me too.

Today I took all of the plastic off and wired a piece of wire to the low beam that will be the trigger for my Fuzeblock ... And I screwed up slightly installing the panniers first. The mounting bracket is going to have to come off to install the P3 lights... I like doing the same job multiple times.
Is there a reference for the various screw locations on the Tupperware?
Trying to prevent the multiple times ...screwing AROUND! LOL
__________________
----------------> jer-
30+ years with RTs...then to F/GS; now *Finally*
the BMW: R1200GSW, factory low seat & lower crash bars;
Touratech: Upper Crash Bars, big foot, pannier rack, ZegaPro panniers;
Fuzeblock, Rigid Dually D2 + yellow covers; Wunderlich bar risers w/ Q-adjust
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:50 PM   #334
marchyman
Cam Killer
 
marchyman's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Oddometer: 6,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Is there a reference for the various screw locations on the Tupperware?
Trying to prevent the multiple times ...screwing AROUND! LOL
When removing the screws I noticed that they were all the same size save one at the front center tank panel. Great... don't need to worry about which goes where. That was Monday. Today I notice this:



Note the different shoulder length.

Luckily there is only one with no shoulder (battery cover) and it is easy to tell which take the long shoulder and which take the short when you put it back together... if you are paying attention. Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention, The very last screw had a long shoulder and the remaining hole required a screw with a short shoulder. Tomorrow I get to remove the plastic again to see where I screwed up. I think I know where. I hope.
marchyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 AM   #335
Darklord99
Adventurer
 
Darklord99's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Sydney
Oddometer: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by fubar201 View Post
Looks great. What size? Does it improve wind noise? How tall are you?
Hi Fubar,

Its 19" in length & 13" wide, yes it does quite a bit, 183cm/6', BUT, I have short legs & a long body (not like a gorilla but close ) and my body & head sit as if I were 6' 2", 6' 3".

Cheers,

DL
Darklord99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #336
Aggroman
Adventurer
 
Aggroman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRDR View Post
Love the exhaust. How does it sound compared to stock?

Live to ride
Aggroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #337
Emoto OP
Sure, why not?
 
Emoto's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: SE Mass
Oddometer: 17,912
Just got my Wunderlich adjustable shift lever. Holy cow, it is a thing of beauty. Will post up some pics once I install it.
__________________
Eventual Master of the Obvious
2005 R1200GS | 2013 R1200GSW | SOHC4 208 | DoD 2032 | BMWMOA | BMWRA | YB
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun.
Smugmug Discount: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=mStnWv71mNkjo
Support .orgs that work to protect your rights: ACLU, NRA, EFF
Emoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 AM   #338
seatec
Dutch Transplant
 
seatec's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Clearwater
Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
this statement is false about the leds turning off when the high beams are on at least with my bike and its led headlamp.

true! IF you have LED.
seatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:18 AM   #339
seatec
Dutch Transplant
 
seatec's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Clearwater
Oddometer: 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
How about an internal (or external) star washer to keep them from pivoting?
I could try that. Thanks for the idea.

just saw somebody else's response to that. I guess that's a no go.
seatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 AM   #340
HBRDR
Invisible Rider
 
HBRDR's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2004
Oddometer: 244
Remus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggroman View Post
Love the exhaust. How does it sound compared to stock?

Live to ride
It sounds great. A little deeper but not at all obnoxious. Just a bit louder. Seat of pants, feels like it has a bit more punch, which I did not really expect.
.
__________________
U R Invisible

2013 R1200GS
HBRDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:11 AM   #341
iride4u
Gnarly Adventurer
 
iride4u's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by seatec View Post
true! IF you have LED.
I think that the LEDs act a lot different from the standard lights due to the lower power draw. The LEDs are controlled by pulses not by turning on and off the power to the high beam like a standard light. Both the high and the low beam are hot all the time. I would suspect that the lights are using a ground switch as opposed to a hot wire switch. A ground switch is normally faster and a softer switch.
iride4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #342
khones
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2010
Location: Denver NC
Oddometer: 13
p3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by iride4u View Post
Be careful about having anything stick out past the license plate holder. I had a pair of P3s and they melted. The new set is below the holder.
Were your P3s mounted against the sides of the plate and inside the reflectors? I'm about to order a pair and this might cause me to go with a Kisan flasher instead.
khones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #343
mefly2
Beastly Adventurer
 
mefly2's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Big Sky Country
Oddometer: 1,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
When removing the screws I noticed that they were all the same size save one at the front center tank panel. Great... don't need to worry about which goes where. That was Monday. Today I notice this:



Note the different shoulder length.

Luckily there is only one with no shoulder (battery cover) and it is easy to tell which take the long shoulder and which take the short when you put it back together... if you are paying attention. Apparently I wasn't paying enough attention, The very last screw had a long shoulder and the remaining hole required a screw with a short shoulder. Tomorrow I get to remove the plastic again to see where I screwed up. I think I know where. I hope.
Thanks, Marchy - that is what I noticed yesterday ... also, some have the clear plastic washer / protector and others do not.
__________________
----------------> jer-
30+ years with RTs...then to F/GS; now *Finally*
the BMW: R1200GSW, factory low seat & lower crash bars;
Touratech: Upper Crash Bars, big foot, pannier rack, ZegaPro panniers;
Fuzeblock, Rigid Dually D2 + yellow covers; Wunderlich bar risers w/ Q-adjust
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #344
iride4u
Gnarly Adventurer
 
iride4u's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2013
Location: Loveland, Colorado
Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by khones View Post
Were your P3s mounted against the sides of the plate and inside the reflectors? I'm about to order a pair and this might cause me to go with a Kisan flasher instead.
Originally I had a double set of P3s mounted outside of the reflectors.
The Remus exhaust was installed it is closer to the center of the bike. This caused the exhaust to be directed closer to the P3s and they melted. If I had one set and they would have mounted closer to the license plate it would not have been a problem.
I have mounted the P3s below the license plate and this is not a problem with heat. I still may make a shield out of aluminum as an extra measure of safety against heat.
iride4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #345
Aggroman
Adventurer
 
Aggroman's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2013
Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBRDR View Post
It sounds great. A little deeper but not at all obnoxious. Just a bit louder. Seat of pants, feels like it has a bit more punch, which I did not really expect.
.
Wow... wish I had $$$ to install one.

Live to ride
Aggroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014