Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #46
LuciferMutt
Rides slow bike slow

Oddometer: 10,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse v View Post
The bonus is that cops don't hang out in the twisty bits, because they're concerned with Johnny-Rocket-Racer-Boy who doesn't know HOW to speed in the twisty bits.

I wish that were true here. This is the first year I've really almost stopped riding my favorite twisty road. It's not safe anymore, between the stupid drivers, guys on bikes doing track speeds draggin knee everywhere and the cops that troll it constantly now. It's a fuckin' circus up there. Real shame.

I used to ride it several times a week. Last time I rode it now was almost two weeks ago, and that was because I had a weekday off work that wasn't a holiday. And I STILL got stuck behind a car going way too slow that never pulled over.

Badasses might screw with another badass. Nobody screws with a nut job. -- Plaka
LuciferMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #47
jesse v
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciferMutt View Post
I wish that were true here. This is the first year I've really almost stopped riding my favorite twisty road. It's not safe anymore, between the stupid drivers, guys on bikes doing track speeds draggin knee everywhere and the cops that troll it constantly now. It's a fuckin' circus up there. Real shame.

I used to ride it several times a week. Last time I rode it now was almost two weeks ago, and that was because I had a weekday off work that wasn't a holiday. And I STILL got stuck behind a car going way too slow that never pulled over.
Yes... Surely there are certain locations that are exceptions due to being notorious. But every time I go to the Black Hills (NOT in July or August) there are no cops and no traffic (sans holidays).
Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #48
IrishJohn
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
Out of State tickets - here's what I have been told, dunno if it is true or not but it makes sense...you get pulled over in some other state, say the fine is $100. You mail them a money order for $105. They cash it, take the $100 and send you a refund check for the $5... YOU DO NOT CASH IT. As long as you do not cash it they cannot 'close the books' on your account. You have paid the fine but they cannot finish the process with the computer/accounts/notificiation set up -- it is still classified as 'pending'. You save the reciept etc of the money order etc and acknowledgement etc that you paid the fine just in case down the road you are back in that State - but as far as the Feds, Insurance company etc are concerned you have no ticket on your record. YMMV.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:40 AM   #49
Albie
Kool Aid poisoner

Oddometer: 8,807
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJohn View Post
Out of State tickets - here's what I have been told, dunno if it is true or not but it makes sense...you get pulled over in some other state, say the fine is $100. You mail them a money order for $105. They cash it, take the $100 and send you a refund check for the $5... YOU DO NOT CASH IT. As long as you do not cash it they cannot 'close the books' on your account. You have paid the fine but they cannot finish the process with the computer/accounts/notificiation set up -- it is still classified as 'pending'. You save the reciept etc of the money order etc and acknowledgement etc that you paid the fine just in case down the road you are back in that State - but as far as the Feds, Insurance company etc are concerned you have no ticket on your record. YMMV.

Do you still believe in Santa Claus as well?

Another day, another foot injury!
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 05:56 AM   #50
jesse v
Motorcyclist

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Any chance you can site a source on this? Or can somebody else refute this? I'm getting sucked in....
Old 10-29-2013, 10:50 AM   #51
dirtrulz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 472
Quote:

I would not count on this working. You are found guilty by the court by either admitting it and paying ticket or not showing up to court and having a judge declare you guilty. At that point it is recorded int the court records and put on your license in that state. The accounting side of it has nothing to do with the court side. It will sit on their books for a while and then it will be written of at their annual audit or whenever they want to. There is a reason why most checks say they are only good for 90 days. After that all bets are off.
dirtrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #52
JustinP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
California does report to Colorado. There are 44 states that are part of the Violator Compact where the members all report violations to each other. The violations reported are moving violations such as speed and disregard red light.
Yes - but Colorado does not record out of state tickets. As long as you pay, you're good. If you don't pay and your license is suspended in another state, it will be suspended here.