|07-08-2014, 04:57 PM||#1|
Joined: Jul 2004
(NorCal) Special Event: Doc Wong Motorcycle Touring Clinic, Thursday, July 17, 6:30PM
Special Event: Doc Wong Motorcycle Touring Clinic, Thursday, July 17, 6:30PM
You're invited to this special event:*Doc Wong Motorcycle Touring Clinic!
Doc Wong Motorcycle Touring Clinic
Date: July 17, 2014 Thursday night 6:30-8:30 PM
Where: Doc Wong's clinic in Belmont: 1021 Alameda De Las Pulgas, Belmont, CA
How to register: email email@example.com
Cost: $0.00 How cool is that!
We love to ride, it refreshes us and helps give us a fresh outlook in our lives. Friends are made, rides*enjoyed and adventurous experiences abound!
Our SF Bay Area gives us some wonderful riding opportunities locally for some wonderful day rides. *But*how about longer overnight rides? *A weekend trip? *A week long trip cross country? *How about riding into*a different country? *Alaska? *Mexico? *South America? *Or even doing a long distance competition such as*an Iron Butt ride?
Good News! *Steve McCaa, noted long distance Iron Butt competitor, whom I met at one of my other Doc*Wong Clinics in sharing knowledge with each other, has graciously volunteered to share his knowledge and*experiences with you so that you can be more prepared and thoroughly enjoy your longer distance*motorcycle trips! *Not all of us are interested in doing a "11,000 mile, 48 states, 11 day" Iron Butt competition,*but let's hear from Steve on how to improve your fun and enjoyment of a longer distance touring ride!
Topics covered are:
* *West Coast
* *US cross country
* *Other Countries
* *Resources for routes* *
How to prepare for a trip: *
* *Trip Planning:*
* *How to Pack for a trip (clothing, safety and repair gear)
* *Maximizing Comfort: Seats, Ergonomics, Windshields
* *Riding gear, handling exposure: heat or cold
* *Bikes, setup and modifications for touring
* *Spare parts, tools
* *Type of bikes needed
* *Auxillary lights
* *Do's and Dont's, Best Practices
* *How much riding experience do you need?
* *Road noise, helmets, ear buds, music?
* *Hard or soft bags?
* *Bringing computers and cameras.
* *Maintenance while on the trip? *Tires, repairs, services?
Going Solo or riding with*a group, finding other riders to ride with
* *Radio communications?
Issues While Riding:
* *Maintaining concentration and focus
* *Handling fatigue*
* *Body position, foot peg positions
* *Throttle locks
* *Eating and Bathroom Breaks
* *Security of parking your bike overnight
* *Dealing with hazards, deer, etc.
* *Fatigue, dozing off, zoning out
What to do about:*
* *Long days, hot, cold, windy and rainy day riding strategies
* *Emergency Repairs, flats, other mechanical
* *Emergencies: SPOT, GPS
* *Preparing for the unexpected
* *State law differences for motorcyclists
* *Unwritten Laws
* *Rain, bugs
* *Risks of night riding
Iron Butt and other long distance competition Information
Doc Wong will cover: How to handle pain and discomfort, stiffness, soreness, cramps and pain while riding. Food, hydration,*electrolytes, etc
***A checklist will be provided for you to help you on your next trip!
Also, at the end of the talk I'll be asking you to*complete a short back pain survey,*but you are not obliged to complete it.
Ride street, ride track, ride dirt, trials.....ride.....well!
Full Motion Chiropractic*
at: Carlmont Village Shopping Center
1021 Alameda De Las Pulgas
Belmont, CA 94002
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|