Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #166
Madrox
Like a bat out of hell

Oddometer: 171
Dani also said something about grip issues before they got up on the podium. He probably recognized something that for whatever reason Marquez didn't.
Madrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #167
SGrider
376 miles to Chicago

Oddometer: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurky-Loo View Post
Pedrosa had a little dig at Marquez in a radio interview: "Marquez' race was surprising after falling so hard on Friday, and he wasn't good on Saturday, but we know he copied a lot of our settings. They gave him all the information we got on Saturday to improve traction and I suppose that's easier."

I imagine he was a little irked that his 5-point loss to Lorenzo yesterday could easily have been 9 points because Marquez was on his tail most of the race. And at Qatar. And at CotA.

And I agree that while it was a racing incident, Bautista made a mistake. On the first lap, the assumption always has to be that, unless you're in last place, there are other riders surrounding you.

Remember when Rossi said the same thing about Lorenzo using Rossi's set up data? The wall went up in the garage and Lorenzo continued to beat Rossi on a regular basis without access to Rossi's set up. Perhaps this is what Pedrosa should do.
SGrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #168
Florida Lime
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrox View Post
Dani also said something about grip issues before they got up on the podium. He probably recognized something that for whatever reason Marquez didn't.
Before Marquez passed DP, it was pretty clear that DP was having more tire issues than MM. Some of the shots with both bikes in the frame showed DP's bike moving around much more, especially on the front end.
'08 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S -- Going, still for sale.

Florida Lime screwed with this post 06-04-2013 at 03:38 PM
Florida Lime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #169
erda
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajin Cajun View Post
But after that 1st lap pass he did on Danny I don't want to hear him complain about rough riding again!
Interesting that there was no finger wagging by the dwarf

Just wonder about the Bowling Ball. I guess that's one way for the Spaniards to keep the competition down

Conspiracy theorists to aisle one please!

Previous rides: 2009 V-Strom 650SEA; 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 500ex
erda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #170
Lurky-Loo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGrider View Post
Perhaps this is what Pedrosa should do.
Doohan used to complain about Criville following him all the time. I think Pedrosa's just a little irked that Marquez is making a habit of stalking him. On the other hand, Pedrosa had the last laugh last Sunday.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:33 PM   #171
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by erda View Post
Just wonder about the Bowling Ball. I guess that's one way for the Spaniards to keep the competition down

Conspiracy theorists to aisle one please!
Well, the four races before Mugello, Rossi´s only been able to mix it up with the Spaniards once, in Qatar (two out of three Spaniards – Rossi´s teammate has in fact been out of his reach in every round so far!)

But yeah, on top of other worries, his luck seems to have deserted him now... next up is Barcelona, again it´s one of Rossi´s very strong tracks, and I´m just hoping he´ll get a decent result there. Rossi probably knows fully well, that it´s not enough to be close to the front in practices, he really needs to qualify closer to the front.
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #172
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 136
Could someone kindly help a baffled bafoon looking for a clear, simple explanation on how the new qualifying format works?

Thanks!!
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #173
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
Could someone kindly help a baffled bafoon looking for a clear, simple explanation on how the new qualifying format works?
Not sure if this is clear and simple, but I´ll try:

Combined times from Free Practice sessions 1-3 count, and decide the 10 fastest riders, who go straight into Qualifying Practice 2. There is still FP4 session before qualifying sessions, but that does not count.

11th fastest and down from there, will take part in QP1 (15 minute session), and two fastest from that session proceed to QP2 (15 minute session), so there will be 12 riders taking part in QP2 (and naturally grid positions 13 and down are by then decided by QP1 times).
Old 06-04-2013, 02:55 AM   #174
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks, that does help.

So the times/placings in the free practice sessions have nothing to do with starting positions on the grid, only with the group you fall into for the qualifying practice sessions?
Your place in the QP alone determines the starting position for the race?

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:06 AM   #175
HarveyMushman
commutingmysentence

Oddometer: 16,221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon View Post
So the times/placings in the free practice sessions have nothing to do with starting positions on the grid, only with the group you fall into for the qualifying practice sessions?
Your place in the QP alone determines the starting position for the race?
Yes.

photo galleries
HarveyMushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #176
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Yes, times posted during free practice sessions only decide, who go straight to QP2. But the QP sessions are so short, that even a small crash there could ruin it for you, so I think everyone (who has a realistic chance to reach top ten) always aims to get straight into QP2.

At Mugello, Marquez failed to do that, and had to go through QP1 first. For a rookie, that meant more track time on the bike (but only 15 minutes), and he was also injured from his big get-off on Friday, so I believe he´d rather have skipped QP1.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #177
Jadon
Gnarly Adventurer

Thank you.

PS: Sorry, I thought I was posting on the general Moto GP thread. Didn't mean to get off topic on this dedicated thread...
Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 AM   #178
Jezza
A British Invasion

Oddometer: 1,220
Bradley Smith raced to 9th place with this finger injury at Mugello, I warn you its not for the squeamish
http://sport.uk.msn.com/trending-blog/british-motogp-rider-bradley-smith-..
Old 06-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #179
Kropotkin
Big Girl's Blouse

Oddometer: 7,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Yes, times posted during free practice sessions only decide, who go straight to QP2. But the QP sessions are so short, that even a small crash there could ruin it for you,
Unless you're Cal Crutchlow, apparently!
Kropotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #180
BOOTLACE
Bikie Scum.

Oddometer: 3,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarveyMushman View Post
Yes.
Yes. And it is mega crapiola ! And HEY! I am now out of Italia, and I can once again communicata witha the worlda! But don't get me wrong, I just love being in Italia!
Now in Austria, camped at the start of the Grossglockner, after a couple of the most fabulous days in the Dolomites .......does it get any better than this?
Don't think so. Pix to follow!