Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #121
DLRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 417
MM crashes out of one race in five starts in his rookie season and everyone starts saying I told you so. How many poles, how many race wins and how many podiums in his first four races in his rookie season in MotoGp? Just sit back and watch the next big thing in MotoGp, If Honda gives him another competitive bike in 2014 he will be untouchable!!!

DLRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #122
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLRider View Post
MM crashes out of one race in five starts in his rookie season and everyone starts saying I told you so. How many poles, how many race wins and how many podiums in his first four races in his rookie season in MotoGp? Just sit back and watch the next big thing in MotoGp, If Honda gives him another competitive bike in 2014 he will be untouchable!!!
Takes the attention away from Spies. WTF Rossi?
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #123
joef
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 461
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Head View Post
Spies mentioned in the commentary that the track was warmer then anybody had experience with all weekend. He said that would maybe be a factor. I'm thinking it was in Marquez's case.
And we listen to what he has to say?
joef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #124
Skowinski
Deuterostome

Oddometer: 5,202
I'm not surprised Marquez was in second and just couldn't help himself, and kept pushing. The guy has balls and he can't hold them back. He was in second, for fucks sake, near the end of the race, the fact that he crashed out, considering his performance so far this year, I'm not worried about.

MotoGP needed Marquez, and he is delivering.

In memory of Nika: http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=990697
Skowinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #125
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,809
am am surprised that you guys are surprised..this is racing,these guys go as fast as they can,Dani and Jlo have had years of experience,MM has not.We all knew he was gonna crash a few times,hell he crashed a lot in moto2.And the VR bautista thing....a lot like the MM Jlo thing,just because it looks like Vr shoulda seen him,or AB shoulda seen him doesnt mean it is so...they are leaning over and have full face helmets on,a lot different to a video feed from a helicopter on a couch
Old 06-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #126
BeeCeeGS
WeaponOfMassDestruction

Oddometer: 1,798
Not the greatest race, but I'd say that first corner lunge by J Lo was one of the ballsiest moves in recent history.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #127
swimmer
armchair asshole

Oddometer: 4,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by advNZer? View Post
,or AB shoulda seen him doesnt mean it is so...
It's clear he couldn't see that part of the track, which is why he just shouldn't have moved across the track like that since he was obviously not aware of whether or not someone was there.

That Gresini bike is capable of more than AB can get out of it. I'm tired of him and his hair.
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #128
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer View Post
It's clear he couldn't see that part of the track, which is why he just shouldn't have moved across the track like that since he was obviously not aware of whether or not someone was there.
Agreed 100%. Moving suddenly from left to right is the key here. And I really think AB should have got penalty for this, firstly it was entirely his fault, that he falsely assumed he's got clear track on his right side, where he possibly cannot see (... just how dumb is it to assume something like that only 3 bends from the start???) and secondly, this misjudgment lead to a very dangerous situation and crash for both riders.

They introduced the penalty points system, and Bautistaīs move is a prime example of where it should be used. Sure it was unintentional, but itīs obvious, that he went to where he did not really see. You canīt do that. A few penalty points would have served as a good reminder for him. And he is one, who probably needs a reminder.

Pecha72 screwed with this post 06-03-2013 at 12:14 AM
Pecha72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #129
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

I dunno why CC already had VR beaten here?? VR wasn't doing himself favours by qualifying badly, yes, but he wasn't slow this weekend, and it's probably his #1 track of them all, plus the dude had a big point to prove. But yeah, now he's somehow "lucky" he got T-boned by Bautista, cos Cal would've finished ahead if him. Right.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:24 PM   #130
Lurky-Loo OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
But yeah, now he's somehow "lucky" he got T-boned by Bautista, cos Cal would've finished ahead if him. Right.
The data set is small, but at Le Mans Rossi was mostly ahead of Crutchlow in practice, but Crutchlow was ahead of Rossi in the race, even before Rossi crashed out.

This is not the GOAT you are looking for.
Lurky-Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:08 AM   #131
Pecha72
Beastly Adventurer

Nothing to do with GOAT, just wouldīve liked to see, what a competitive Rossi can do on this track. Somehow Rossi (and now Marquez) just create more exciting racing, when they are up front, than JLo and Pedro do, even though JLo & Pedro are undeniably the two best riders at the moment.

And I do give a lot of credit for Cal, heīs been phenomenal, but not sure how much a wet Le Mans (on a weekend, when factory Yamaha were clearly in trouble) would have counted here.
Old 06-03-2013, 03:53 AM   #132
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocketjock View Post
Precisely why many of us on here forked over the money for a video pass. You won't be sorry!
I have a pass but internet speed is too slow at home. Have to be in my office to watch it.

Oh, did I say I HATE flippin' speedtv????
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #133
DC2wheels
Castle Anthrax troll

Oddometer: 2,438
BTW, what's with JLo and his snake imitation? Black Mamba??? What's that all about?
http://k11og.org/forum/index.php world-wide K bike forum

DC2wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #134
advNZer?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pecha72 View Post
Agreed 100%. Moving suddenly from left to right is the key here. And I really think AB should have got penalty for this, firstly it was entirely his fault, that he falsely assumed he's got clear track on his right side, where he possibly cannot see (... just how dumb is it to assume something like that only 3 bends from the start???) and secondly, this misjudgment lead to a very dangerous situation and crash for both riders.

They introduced the penalty points system, and Bautistaīs move is a prime example of where it should be used. Sure it was unintentional, but itīs obvious, that he went to where he did not really see. You canīt do that. A few penalty points would have served as a good reminder for him. And he is one, who probably needs a reminder.
this isnt a suburban intersection, he wanted the line to the next corner,so he took it,the guy behind him is not important
Old 06-03-2013, 04:39 AM   #135
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor

Oddometer: 16,210
Is it Bautista's fault that Rossi has less points after 5 races in 2013, than he did in 2012?

(according to the BBC, anyway )
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote