User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 1,944
Chix in the Stix 7: Rug up for Winter 2013 Ride

Hi girls, I've had ride on my mind for a while now and GSDane has prompted me to get organised and do something about it.

I'll quote an email she sent a few of us:
Hey Chix.

I hope that you're all doing great… heads up and feet down :-)

Last weekend I thought of all of you - and am to send you all a greeting from our neighboring country of Sweden :-)
I participated in the annual Swedish "Spring Thaw Ride" (well, this year it became more of a "Nearly Summer Ride" 'cause it was moved from early April because of this year's long winter :-/)… this is a 280k's Roadbook ride (navigational) with nearly 60 riders (would have been 80 if held in April) throughout the forests and countryside of southern Sweden on mostly gravel and forest roads - fantastic!
It is actually arranged by an oz expat, Troy Safari Carpenter is his name on the AdvRider-forum, so I had a chance to chat about my favorite second home country :-)

After the ride Saturday during dinner it was time for the price award ceremony - all was none-competitive… so the awards were something like best 'Bush-mechanic' and best mate-award :-) I was lucky enough to receive an award as well… As I was the only female rider and participant (!!) I got the 'Chix in Stix'-award :-0
Please see the attached picture :-)
I believe that this award was introduced this year…In his motivational speech, Troy told the audience about the fantastic Chix in the Stix-rides in Oz - and when handing me the paper he asked me to pass his greetings and acknowledgement on to all the Chix in the Stix back home :-)
So here you go… you're on the map in Sweden ;-)

I'm thinking Saturday the 20th July, we will try and catch ourselves some winter sunshine in Central Vic, and do a day ride. I'm keeping this one simple - for me mostly as I'm flat out doing fun things. It will be fairly easy dirt with some tar thrown in to link the dirt bits. We'll have lunch in a cafe that's nice and warm,..... and dry!

Meet at Togs Cafe, 58 Lyttleton st, Castlemaine at 9:30am

I need to work something out for those who wish to stay in the area for the weekend, would be great to have dinner together and maybe sit around a campfire.

As alway, I welcome your thoughts and input.

All girls welcome.

Oh, and Troy ...... "Gidday mate"

Miss Jane screwed with this post 07-06-2013 at 05:05 AM
Miss Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:19 AM   #2
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

I had to change the date to 20th July, got an important little persons birthday I may need to get to.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #3
Canary
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 614
Hello Miss Jane,
So where did you have in mind?

Jardine (Dirt Devil) should be out of plaster by then, but we would have to see how she goes with her rehab.

Would have to stay somewhere with a communal laundry/camp kitchen complete with trashy mags for Powermel and I to sabotage the crossword puzzles.

If weather too crappy meaning slippery sloppy roads I am happy to catch up with you hardcore chix somewhere.

Monarchs 1965 - 2015
50th Celebration June 2015
Canary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
huskygirl
HuskyGirl

Oddometer: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
I had to change the date to 20th July, got an important little persons birthday I may need to get to.
Crap ski season I'm in
Good ski season I'm out
huskygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:47 AM   #5
SCHEVY
When's the Next Ride

Oddometer: 27
G'day Miss Jane & gals,

Please count me in but I would like a cabin or on site van with linen please if where you stay has one..... As you know, I can't carry much on the 500 & i'm a sook....Fantastic!!!

Cheers
Marls
Old 05-30-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

Canary you are coming on this one, no if, buts or maybes. It is perfect for you and your DR.
We will wander around my local tracks, not sure where exactly yet, but somewhere in the area of Maldon, Castlemaine, Heathcote, Dalesford, Trentham.

Hey Husky girl I'm hoping it's a crap ski season.

Schevy we can organise some linen for you I'm sure. I have to disagree, you are anything but a sook.
There is a nice caravan park in Castlemaine, it's near the botanic gardens and has onsite vans. Or better still, you can stay at my house, we should have finished it by then .... fingers crossed.

Soooo looking forward to catching up with you lot.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:47 AM   #7
SCHEVY
When's the Next Ride

Oddometer: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Jane View Post
Canary you are coming on this one, no if, buts or maybes. It is perfect for you and your DR.
We will wander around my local tracks, not sure where exactly yet, but somewhere in the area of Maldon, Castlemaine, Heathcote, Dalesford, Trentham.

Hey Husky girl I'm hoping it's a crap ski season.

Schevy we can organise some linen for you I'm sure. I have to disagree, you are anything but a sook.
There is a nice caravan park in Castlemaine, it's near the botanic gardens and has onsite vans. Or better still, you can stay at my house, we should have finished it by then .... fingers crossed.

Soooo looking forward to catching up with you lot.

Cool mate; I'll go with the flow
Old 05-30-2013, 05:31 AM   #8
Powermel1
Adventurer in Training

Oddometer: 357
How about beautiful Maldon

Schevy,

How about a nice warm bed with feather Doona, electric blanket (this one works, so Jardine won't try to hog it), a cosy rosy inside fire, and a big bonnie outside, baked spuds, casseroles to die for, curry and rice, chocolate pud with a GF alternative, a cheeky red.......

Yes, we offering the Maldon mansion, what does everyone think?

Oh and yes, we're in.

Ps, bring your own trashy mags, I don't think the Fin Review, Australian Telescope or Bicycle Network have crosswords.
William Orville Douglas
Powermel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #9
jardine
the purple

Oddometer: 450
If I can ditch the crutches and lose the plaster by then I am in!

It's cramping my style a bit......
jardine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #10
Canary
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powermel1 View Post
Schevy,

How about a nice warm bed with feather Doona, electric blanket (this one works, so Jardine won't try to hog it), a cosy rosy inside fire, and a big bonnie outside, baked spuds, casseroles to die for, curry and rice, chocolate pud with a GF alternative, a cheeky red.......

Yes, we offering the Maldon mansion, what does everyone think?

Oh and yes, we're in.

Ps, bring your own trashy mags, I don't think the Fin Review, Australian Telescope or Bicycle Network have crosswords.
I am not sure about camping there. Last time somebody was locked in the shed.

I don't own any trashy mags, so we will have to save that activity for our next caravan park stop over.

Hey Jardine, maybe while you are recovering you can give me some riding tips while sitting in a chair yelling out instructions.

BTW, got conned into Mt bike riding the other night. Seems harder than the last time I rode those tracks, maybe it was because I was fitter then and it was during daylight hours so I could see better.

Monarchs 1965 - 2015
Old 05-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #11
GSDane
Ride like a girl

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by jardine View Post

Hey J.
What's this about?

Cheers, D.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:02 PM   #12
Powermel1
Adventurer in Training

Oddometer: 357
Don't be a wimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jardine View Post

Hey J, the Chix has a long history of plaster and crutches. I did Chix 2, 4 and 5 in that state! And camping.
William Orville Douglas
Powermel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #13
Miss Jane OP
Ride like a girl

Who cares about having your foot attached to your leg Jardine, lets just go?!?
Old 05-31-2013, 05:37 AM   #14
Canary
Studly Adventurer

You should be okay if you manage to swim and ride a pushy with that plaster as you are intending.

Jardine tore her Achilles tendon while playing squash

Monarchs 1965 - 2015
Old 05-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #15
jardine
the purple

Oddometer: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary View Post
I am not sure about camping there. Last time somebody was locked in the shed.

I don't own any trashy mags, so we will have to save that activity for our next caravan park stop over.

Hey Jardine, maybe while you are recovering you can give me some riding tips while sitting in a chair yelling out instructions.

BTW, got conned into Mt bike riding the other night. Seems harder than the last time I rode those tracks, maybe it was because I was fitter then and it was during daylight hours so I could see better.

A wimp? wow now the pressure is on thanks Mel......I could always drag the farm quad out for a spin, just not registered.

Trashy Mags?? Jude I will bring my latest Australian Telescope and Bicycle Networks so we can catch up!

Good work Canary on the MTB keep at it. I give my sexy new MTB complete with new lights a pat every time I hobble past. I give the other two a pat as well and tell them they will all get out of the hallway soonish.

Canary I can always sit on the back of Janes bike and yell encouragement as we go, not sure the advice would make sense or be useful in any way but could be good for a bit of silly fun.............I am sure Jane would love me wriggling around on the back like a hamstrung turtle

swimming with a cast on adds a whole new concept to turning round at the end of the pool. No tumble turns yet but developing a new and unique style of turning. Using the training bike in the lounge 1 legged ensures that when I get back to it I am gunna be so good turning right, hope the criterion circuits run clockwise next season!

jardine screwed with this post 05-31-2013 at 04:41 PM
jardine is offline   Reply With Quote