Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #1531
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
Way more to a fine motorcycle then speed and price, no? Unless you're a "value shopper", and if that's the case you won't be adding the aftermarket bits, right?

It won't be long before we see a counter play from Triumph, bet your socks on it!

I'm not knocking the bike, it is what it is, but it is not the best handling, nor does it have the best fuelling/ engine manage. As for displacement, kinda like penis size, the smaller the penis the more important displacement!!!!

I know all about Yamaha and poor fuelling/engine management...... I own a Super Tenere.
Regards, Paul
How do you make another bike cheaper? You can't. How do you make another bike faster? You throw money at it and it may still be slower.

Don't like the throttle? Switch to a different mode at no cost. Suspension? Who doesn't tweak it? Is there that many 160-170 lb riders out there?

The Tenere is about $500 or so from being the most perfect adv bike made without the high price of the GS and Jap dependability and dealer network.
PAULIBIKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #1532
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadscum View Post
As for displacement, kinda like penis size, the smaller the penis the more important displacement!!!!
And you ride a 1200cc
I have a 1352cc
Old 11-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #1533
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Oddometer: 1,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-Nor View Post
And you ride a 1200cc
I have a 1352cc
Got one of those big ci V-twins. Have a 650, too. Man am I confused, and refuse to look down at this time and see which number won out ...
Old 11-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1534
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULIBIKER View Post
MCN bias runs deep......

They knocked the Z800 for being overweight in previous reviews,now it's 2nd?
So the Z800 has never been the nr2 after the Street3 for MCN?
I Guess this is fake then?
Old 11-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #1535
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
Got one of those big ci V-twins. Have a 650, too. Man am I confused, and refuse to look down at this time and see which number won out ...
I am considering to go down to 1200cc, so maybe the pills i bought from the guy who was so nice and sendt me an emil worked
Old 11-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #1536
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

Quote:
I am considering to go down to 1200cc, so maybe the pills i bought from the guy who was so nice and sendt me an emil worked
you get those emails in Norway,too? Get them here all the time...

You ever been to Vang in Oppland? My dad's family came from there in 1879, to the US, and they had been there for a loooong time. We traced them back to 1462, No earlier records available. tomp
Old 11-03-2013, 04:35 PM   #1537
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
So the Z800 has never been the nr2 after the Street3 for MCN?
I Guess this is fake then?

The MV is now 98% there? I thought it was horrible?
Old 11-03-2013, 04:38 PM   #1538
Roadscum
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,720
Quote:
And you ride a 1200cc
I have a 1352cc
..... i gotta Vespa 300 to!!!! .

Regards, Paul
Old 11-03-2013, 04:48 PM   #1539
kraven
Hegelian Scum

Oddometer: 4,762
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULIBIKER View Post
The MV is now 98% there? I thought it was horrible?
Yeah, one day they say it's snatchy and horrible, and the next it's almost there.

These guys...
Old 11-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #1540
GrahamD
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,971
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post
Yeah, one day they say it's snatchy and horrible, and the next it's almost there.

These guys...
I think bikes are getting closer and closer to each other these days.

All it takes is missing a cup of coffee in the morning and the bike goes from "almost there" to "snatchy and horrible" or whatever.

The average person is not the same as some of these testers./ Different priorities, have to live with them, skill level is different. etc.

Sometimes I think these guys could ride the exact same bike and tell you that the one with one click of extra preload, is miles better then the other one.

"I just may as well admit that my other bikes are toast. I don't ride them. Plain and simple. I didn't want this. It wasn't the plan." - snakebitten
GrahamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #1541
dirtdreamer50
long time rider

I find it funny that so many folks, me included, so often take the word of a reporter from some MC rag over those that designed and built the damn things. I understand, built to a price point, vs the best of everything differences, but I would venture a guess that the engineers at the respective companies in the video test are all laughing their butts off at some of the reporters' comments.

Each of the bikes was all heralded as the best when first introduced, but now each is full of flaws, and one is for some obscure reason, better than the others, now. I guess the truth comes out when a rider try's them for himself and decides which one trips his trigger enough to own it.
Old 11-03-2013, 07:27 PM   #1542
PAULIBIKER
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50 View Post
I find it funny that so many folks, me included, so often take the word of a reporter from some MC rag over those that designed and built the damn things. I understand, built to a price point, vs the best of everything differences, but I would venture a guess that the engineers at the respective companies in the video test are all laughing their butts off at some of the reporters' comments.

Each of the bikes was all heralded as the best when first introduced, but now each is full of flaws, and one is for some obscure reason, better than the others, now. I guess the truth comes out when a rider try's them for himself and decides which one trips his trigger enough to own it.

+1

The 919 was the last big naked bike I bought because of the reviews. Guess what? I've put more miles and enjoyed it more then every other big naked(I've owned almost all of them).

Still trying to figure out if the FZ09 is $4000 better then my 919. Any FZ09 owners come from a 919?

I actually wish Kawasaki would bring the Z800 to the US instead of the Z1000
( man that thing's ugly IMO).
Old 11-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #1543
capriccio
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,906
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven View Post

These guys...
Riders that can afford and ride MV's aren't and don't much care that the low rev fueling isn't perfect, it's not where they live.
I believe one of the testers said above 6000rpm it's unbelievably smooth powerful. It's what all journos say about all MV's, by now one would think that they would get it, it's an MV trademark.

Capriccio.
capriccio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #1544
Tom-Nor
Wannabe Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by capriccio View Post
Riders that can afford and ride MV's aren't and don't much care that the low rev fueling isn't perfect, it's not where they live.
I believe one of the testers said above 6000rpm it's unbelievably smooth powerful. It's what all journos say about all MV's, by now one would think that they would get it, it's an MV trademark.
If thats the case then its the worst trademark for a motorbike Company to have.
And what do you mean with that riders that can aford MV`s dont live in the low rev? That makes no sense at all
Besides a Brutale 675 cost exactly the same in Norway as a Street triple R.
The question about MV`s fuling is if it can be fixed with a PC5?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:11 AM   #1545
mousitsas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,650
Quote:
The question about MV`s fuling is if it can be fixed with a PC5?
Usually, jerky throttle sickness hits the bikes meant to meet emissions and sound regulations, made by small companies with no big investment to do it properly. So, my guess would be that yes, breathing/exhaust/pcv will sort it perfeclty well. But its only a guess.
mousitsas is offline   Reply With Quote