ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2013, 08:14 PM   #46
prasta
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Laugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRich View Post
Great ride and food Fred! Extra thanks for the fine pre-ride hospitality. That was Sonny and Cher you and Chris were doing by the fire... right?

Good to meet up and ride with everyone. Lots of great pics posted so far. Skip, great job of capturing the ride. Jon love the shot of goofy man by google eyed WR.

I gotta get back to taking more pics on rides. I do have this gratutious WR shot with pure VT backdrop from Saturday's ride up the PDR. We also rode past this spot heading the other way on the main ride.

Also, here's a shot of Kelley Stand Rd (East of Arlington, VT) from the ride list heading up on Saturday. Might be a great hero/tech section for a future DARC ride... not so forgiving as a fall in the mud though.

Looks like every motorcycle trip pic I've ever taken... My bike with a different background.
Old 06-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #47
Bleemus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,043
Quote:
Great ride and food Fred! Extra thanks for the fine pre-ride hospitality. That was Sonny and Cher you and Chris were doing by the fire... right?

Good to meet up and ride with everyone. Lots of great pics posted so far. Skip, great job of capturing the ride. Jon love the shot of goofy man by google eyed WR.

I gotta get back to taking more pics on rides. I do have this gratutious WR shot with pure VT backdrop from Saturday's ride up the PDR. We also rode past this spot heading the other way on the main ride.

Also, here's a shot of Kelley Stand Rd (East of Arlington, VT) from the ride list heading up on Saturday. Might be a great hero/tech section for a future DARC ride... not so forgiving as a fall in the mud though.

For some reason SmugMug wants a password. Love to see the pics as I am planning on riding Kelly Stand tomorrow.
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 AM   #48
TrainReck
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Not surprised you couldn't recognize the songs, Fred's piano was WAY out of tune.

Nice hanging with you and Fred by the fire. Thanks to Fred for the hospitality and the awesome route!

This was a nice break for me because my next few weekends are filled with projects around the house.

Chris
TrainReck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #49
Fredo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Just so you all know, I had a blast working this one out, found new stuff, and more options for the next time, we run this ride.
Look for DARC 3, if Skip lets me, I think we will run the Gap route, or Breadloaf area, could be a 200 mile day!! Buckle up

Great Group and hope you all make it next time!!

Fredo

07 -990 closing in on 40K
12- 250 XCW
Fredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #50
Vt-Stromer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
Another Vid.....

Vt-Stromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 AM   #51
AdvRich
Parallel Reality

Oddometer: 1,568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleemus View Post
For some reason SmugMug wants a password. Love to see the pics as I am planning on riding Kelly Stand tomorrow.
Sorry that's all the pics I took the whole weekend. My hope with these two shots was to give scale to the magnitude of mountainside redistribution, the true size of the rocks, and to spur some interest. As mentioned earlier, I didn't ride up it any further so its all unkown to me how truely rideable it is. On the map, the old road does go up quite a way along the river before gaining the ridge... it could be all stream bed not too much further up. The path to the left of the bike in the lower shot though, looks to be smoothed in a bit from vehichle traffic so it is being used somewhat. If I could break free it'd be good to give it a go with you today, but I'm back at the project list this week. Be safe and have a great exploration. Love to see a thread on it or some pics if you have the time.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:18 AM   #52
Nice_Rumble OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,243
July DARC III

DARC III will be held on July 21. The start location is still in discussion.
Nice_Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 05:21 AM   #53
AdvRich
Parallel Reality

Oddometer: 1,568

Yep, good times.

Oh yeah, the To Do list

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainReck View Post
Not surprised you couldn't recognize the songs, Fred's piano was WAY out of tune.

Nice hanging with you and Fred by the fire. Thanks to Fred for the hospitality and the awesome route!

This was a nice break for me because my next few weekends are filled with projects around the house.

Chris
Old 06-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #54
Bleemus
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,043
Quote:
Sorry that's all the pics I took the whole weekend. My hope with these two shots was to give scale to the magnitude of mountainside redistribution, the true size of the rocks, and to spur some interest. As mentioned earlier, I didn't ride up it any further so its all unkown to me how truely rideable it is. On the map, the old road does go up quite a way along the river before gaining the ridge... it could be all stream bed not too much further up. The path to the left of the bike in the lower shot though, looks to be smoothed in a bit from vehichle traffic so it is being used somewhat. If I could break free it'd be good to give it a go with you today, but I'm back at the project list this week. Be safe and have a great exploration. Love to see a thread on it or some pics if you have the time.
Thanks Rich. Using Tapatalk on the ipad and the photos were small but when I opened in Chrome they were fine. I used to ride that road all the time and shocked to still see that much damage left after Irene. Good friends own the cute house with all the gardens on the Arlington end and they almost lost everything.

After seeing that photo you took I am sure that is way above my skill level considering I am on a new bike that is heavier than any thing I have owned before. Since I live so close (near Stratton) I may just take a ride up and see how far I can go comfortably from this end. Worth a look see.

Cheers!
Bleemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #55
NHMoose
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Yellow Jacket - Jim? - contact please

New to me 2011 WR250 rider here, looking for a jacket and pants. Have my eye on Motoport kevlar for summer use, looks like the rider in the yellow jacket is wearing what I think I want ;<)
From the notes I think it's Jim?
Please pm me with a phone number, I'd like to see how you like the jacket and if you'd recommend it.

Hopefully I'll be ATG soon and can join in on a future ride.

I'm registered and OHRV in NH, do I need a Vermont trail pass to join in?
I'm keeping all stock drivetrain and exhaust, only added/adding comforts like a 3-gal fuel tank, rack, tail bag. Hand guards arrive tomorrow. Need to put together an IFAK too.

Many thanks, enjoyed reading about the adventure!!
NHMoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #56
Nice_Rumble OP
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHMoose View Post
looks like the rider in the yellow jacket is wearing what I think I want ;<)
From the notes I think it's Jim?
Please pm me with a phone number, I'd like to see how you like the jacket and if you'd recommend it.

Do I need a Vermont trail pass to join in?
Jim has been notified you want to discuss gear.

No "Off Road" stickers needed in VT. That's only NH and MA that has double taxation.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #57
sailer
trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post
DARC III will be held on July 21. The start location is still in discussion.

I will reserve that date

looks like I missed I good one, fred always put on a good ride and has a great spot up there,
Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM   #58
Nice_Rumble OP
Beastly Adventurer

Dirty Adventure Riders Club 3

DARC III will be on July 21 and once again the staging venue will be from Fred Scotts house in Woodstock, VT. This ride will be traveling north up into the Barnard area where we'll pick up one of Bob Flemings rides and follow his GPS tracks.

As always, Fred has offered camping and his fire pit to those riders coming from a distance or want to come up on Saturday afternoon.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:20 PM   #59
Vt-Stromer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 810
Sadly, I will be out of town.
Vt-Stromer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 PM   #60
sailer
trained Cirus Bear

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice_Rumble View Post
DARC III will be on July 21 and once again the staging venue will be from Fred Scotts house in Woodstock, VT. This ride will be traveling north up into the Barnard area where we'll pick up one of Bob Flemings rides and follow his GPS tracks.

As always, Fred has offered camping and his fire pit to those riders coming from a distance or want to come up on Saturday afternoon.

IN