ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #1
Kenyi OP
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Any bay area Riders Day Tripping

Hi i am neewbie in motorcycle and I live in the Bay Area. But I am not a neewbie on adventure i've done Europe twice 4x4 starting from Sweden.
My roots are from Chile which I also have done almost entierly pasing the Andes to Bolivia to the Uyuni salt flats. Now I been here in California for almost a year, got my self a Bike and would like to ride and discover Places/Trails and get some experience. So if you guys/girls go on short trips and would like some company shoot me an email or a message.
Kenyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #2
FlyingNarwhal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Hey,
I technically don't have a bike yet (The parts for my R1200GS arrive next week !! so soon ) but I'm in the same situation.

I just moved to the East Bay and am getting my first motorcycle.

I'm half Chilean (the other half is French) and have my "adventure roots" hiking and mountain biking the Alps and the deserts of Isra๋l. Bust mostly Chilean Patagonia. And I'm ready to start having fun on two wheels as well !
FlyingNarwhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #3
Kenyi OP
n00b

Hi FlyingNarwhal. Cool let me know when you have your bike ready :)

OK. Rockcat How do I move the thread in that case.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
scottrnelson
Team Orange

Oddometer: 1,389
You two new guys might want to have a look at these two threads:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=817924
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198572
Old 10-13-2013, 08:19 AM   #5
Kenyi OP
n00b

Thanks Scott
Old 10-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
haggeo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenyi View Post
Hi i am neewbie in motorcycle and I live in the Bay Area. But I am not a neewbie on adventure i've done Europe twice 4x4 starting from Sweden.
My roots are from Chile which I also have done almost entierly pasing the Andes to Bolivia to the Uyuni salt flats. Now I been here in California for almost a year, got my self a Bike and would like to ride and discover Places/Trails and get some experience. So if you guys/girls go on short trips and would like some company shoot me an email or a message.
what kind of bike do you ride? there is some good riding just south of you (big sur area, coast road etc.) which would involve either trailering the bikes to save time or a longish ride. there is lots of road riding along the coast but the dirt will require some travel. then there are the OHV parks; hollister, metcalf, carnegie. i'd be willing to meet up at any of those options for a ride some time.

Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." John Kenneth Galbraith

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. Marcus Aurelius

haggeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
FlyingNarwhal
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I'm getting the bike Friday morning !

In an effort to not kill myself within the first months, I'll probably take it easy and stick to roads while I get used to the beast and stay away from OHVs and dirt trails even though I'm dying to take it off roads.

From what I understand though, there are plenty of fun roads to ride in the east bay, and west bay, and south bay (pretty much in every direction).

Hit me up if you want to ride this week end