Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 593
Safe travels
Jnich77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #62
h2oboy
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 101
I wish I would have seen this earlier. I actually saw you guys down on Fisherman's Warf in SF. I'm back home in Portland now but grew up in Idaho. I suggest that you don't take the slab from Boise to Idaho Falls. It's just boring. I'd suggest this route. http://goo.gl/maps/z5nER It will add about 50 miles but it is MUCH better.
h2oboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #63
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oboy View Post
I wish I would have seen this earlier. I actually saw you guys down on Fisherman's Warf in SF. I'm back home in Portland now but grew up in Idaho. I suggest that you don't take the slab from Boise to Idaho Falls. It's just boring. I'd suggest this route. http://goo.gl/maps/z5nER It will add about 50 miles but it is MUCH better.
great route! good, cheap hotel in Idaho Falls, Motel West. laundry, hot tub, wifi, downstairs rooms. (tell them i'm sorry for my brother stealing their towel to sit on. :P )

http://motelwestidaho.com/

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #64
PapaYolk
Ride Along

Oddometer: 1,406
inspirational couple

Meat, beer, illegal fireworks... and a good time was had by all at the Yolk compound. They should be rolling into the KTM shop in Boise right about now. A privilege to meet such a wonderful pair of adventurers.

Yes, please.
PapaYolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:13 AM   #65
stewy (Aus) OP
searching for a ride

Oddometer: 46
Thanks tim for inviting us to share 4th of July with your family. It was an amazing experience. Went to bosie ktm but was shut so have to get some oil in idaho falls and change it myself....geez another day gone and still no closer to getting the start of this ride report up and running, we are trying just so busy and so much to see.....notes are being taken its just trying to find time to get it all in order......yellowstone (teton) hopefully tomorrow
stewy (Aus) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #66
DaveWave
It is what it is.

Oddometer: 38
Stewy, Good to meet you in Idaho Falls today while you were wrenching on the V-Strom at the bike shop. I admire your grit and spirit to do this trip as you are! Look forward to reading your ride report and following your progress. Wish you well.
Dave
DaveWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #67
stewy (Aus) OP
searching for a ride

Hi guys yes we are still alive and motoring just.....we have had no end of troubles hence very few updates atm, as each day had been spent solving that days problems.....

Most recent was wallet & phone stolen and a few other bits and pieces. Oh well that is what travel insurance is for, just taken us a few days to get our hands on cash again so we were stuck in Gering while we sorted stuff.

Anyway in the rockies now and headed for denver tonight, if you are in the area and wanna catch up for a beer or 3 or dinner drop us a line.....we have a few tales we can tell that's for sure.....as for thread updates we are trying but each time we think we have things sorted a new issue arises
Old 07-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #68
hyperboarder
Potato Farmer

Oddometer: 1,023
Bummed I missed you guys in Boise, need to pay more attention :). Great beer on the Colorado front range, enjoy them!

Quarter Life Crisis 2011 Ural National Rally
hyperboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #69
wmu12071
Adventurer

Oddometer: 23
99% sure I saw you guys going up Pikes Peak today. Good to see ya'll are still riding.
wmu12071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM   #70
The_Boot
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Pleasure to meet the two of you in the parking lot of the Super 8 in Gunnison this evening! Thanks for taking the time to let us have a look at the rig! Safe travels!

05 klr red, wymanwinn 688, em doo, progressive springs in front, progressive Larry Rosseler rear shock, em fork brace, Lexx Mxe exhaust, Ascerbis Supermoto EVO front fender and too many other farkels to mention....
The_Boot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #71
stewy (Aus) OP
searching for a ride

Hey guys we are now in Amarillo, heading for OKC tomorrow. Wow what a trip it's been with more mechanical failures than the entire epic ride thread put together and we have 3.5 weeks to go. Things haven't worked out with posting a ride report as we go, so you will all have to wait till we get home and I stop fixing bikes in car parks/roadsides for a full write up, as I just don't have time to fully explain and sort through photo's like we were hoping.

It's been amazing meeting fellow advrider's along the way, between bumping into you in your local mechanic's to hotel lobby car parks.

From those of you that have meet us, you know we love a chat, even if we have been a bit short at times (hopefully we haven't come across that way), as it's been a pretty trying holiday, but we have tried our best to enjoy the conversations of strangers we meet and there's still 3.5 weeks left so hopefully we bump into a few of more... To those companies who have helped us out, whether by opening up your workshops after hours/shipping parts quickly, etc we can't thank you enough, as you have helped keep us on the road.

And to the people so far who we have either shared a beer/conversation/or helped us out these are the moments that hopefully we will never forget.

Anyway the latest problem is the KTM has broken a chain and taken out the clutch slave cylinder, but it's all good we have a replacement on the way tomorrow, so we will fix that and keep the wheels rolling.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #72
vintagespeed
fNg

Oddometer: 1,513
your worst day on the bike is still better than your best day in the office.

TAT-2013: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913898
SoCal_NoDak-2012: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829203
vintagespeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #73
AK Smitty
AK Smitty

Oddometer: 306
Deals Gap today?

Saw you guys today around where 129 meets 19. I was headed to the Dragon.

Hope you had a good ride on the Dragon and got it between the rain showers. When I saw you you were looking dry and moving fast. I assume it was all smiles under those helmets.

Enjoy your ride and there are lots of other great roads in the area.

I am visiting family in Maryville, TN. PM me if you need anything. I fly back to Alaska on Friday.
AK Smitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #74
lvhdude
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Hey!! I'm the guy (Black Harley) that followed you two along TN-360N up to the 411, and stopped for a chat. Some friends in Vegas found your thread here. I hope the rest of your trip goes well, It was a fun to meet you two, and your unique setup on both bikes. I look forward to hearing about your trip at length and seeing your pics when you get them up. Safe travels!
lvhdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:16 AM   #75
rico2072
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
After all these bad events you've posted (small mechanical stuff) I really hope you both are enjoying the rides, cites and generally the complete U.S. experience.

Keep us posted.