ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #31
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,544
I'd like to join you guys...could make the July date, but not the June. If you guys go in June, I'd be interested in the August date too. If there is any interest in putting that together. I have been staying at the Timberland up in Shelburne...just before the Maine border when we are up there. Nice young folks bought it a couple years ago..about 15 miles from the auto road I would guess. Nice pool....and the guy delivers all the crap you really don't want to put on your bike to the site for you.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:12 AM   #32
baiku
Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer: 1,270
Got room for one more?

That's a good route. I'm familiar with most of it.

-Art
Old 06-12-2013, 08:18 AM   #33
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,426
I'm with ShrineClown - July/August work for me. I may be able to do June, but unlikely.

Are you just doing the sunrise, or is there some kind of ride planned? Big bike or small bike? Just one night - correct?

Either way, it sounds like a nice idea.
AndyCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #34
Ballics
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
I want in!
June or August work for me.
Ballics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #35
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,274
I'll know by the end of the week whether I can do June or July. Right now it looks like June.

Big bike friendly route - no trails, just unpaved road. Sticking close to legal speed limits, nice and easy ride.

I'll take my 650GS.

Anyone has a problem with Moose Brook State Park in Gorham? If not, lets take a headcount and make a reservation for 1-2 sites. I like that campground because it is private, bike friendly, and there are restaurants/store nearby - less crap to bring on the bike. 15 minutes to the Autoroad.

The ride, as you can see from the gpx file, covers some rural NH towns, some nice views, and a bit of pavement up north.

Gorham has either an American grill or an awesome Italian place - Saladino's. Homemade deserts, homemade pasta, risotto, ....

So far the IN list reads:

Pilothouse51
HenryMartin
Kdennan
Baiku? - what bike
Ballics
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #36
baiku
Maniacal Engineer

The state park is fine, your description sounds good.

I'd like to ride the WR for the mountain dirt roads, but it would be a struggle to climb M.W. I'll take the DL-650.

-Art
Old 06-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #37
Ballics
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
I will be coming from central VT, so I probably would just meet up with everyone at the campground, as long as everything goes as I have planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post
I'll know by the end of the week whether I can do June or July. Right now it looks like June.

Big bike friendly route - no trails, just unpaved road. Sticking close to legal speed limits, nice and easy ride.

I'll take my 650GS.

Anyone has a problem with Moose Brook State Park in Gorham? If not, lets take a headcount and make a reservation for 1-2 sites. I like that campground because it is private, bike friendly, and there are restaurants/store nearby - less crap to bring on the bike. 15 minutes to the Autoroad.

The ride, as you can see from the gpx file, covers some rural NH towns, some nice views, and a bit of pavement up north.

Gorham has either an American grill or an awesome Italian place - Saladino's. Homemade deserts, homemade pasta, risotto, ....

So far the IN list reads:

Pilothouse51
HenryMartin
Kdennan
Baiku? - what bike
Ballics
Ballics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #38
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by baiku View Post
The state park is fine, your description sounds good.

I'd like to ride the WR for the mountain dirt roads, but it would be a struggle to climb M.W. I'll take the DL-650.

-Art
Art, would you like to meet along the way or at the start?

Oh, after riding my WR to Jamaica, VT, I don't think it would have any problems climbing that hunk of rock. It will not be comfortable though.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #39
baiku
Maniacal Engineer

Probably meet en route. How about the Wilton P.D. parking lot, on the left just before the bridge?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #40
Pilothouse51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
HM- 8ish meeting time also works for me I will be riding my DL1000. I like the route you have planned. Maybe come back through Stowe on the way home?

I asked a buddy from work to see if he wanted to come not sure about that yet. Also I believe Rouge Ranger is going to join us at the campground so your probably safe to add him to the list.

Also on another note for future sunrise rides I would be game to do it again. Maybe by the other dates we can have the Grandparents watch the Kid and I can bring the wife. She's a great tour guide as she worked on Mt. Washington a couple of summers during high school.
Pilothouse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #41
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Sweet!

Art, yes, the PD works fine. There used to be a way around Wilton, but it is now gated so I have to go through Wilton anyway.

PH - sure, I'll be the slow rider on the 650 single

Lets confirm this weekend and then book some sites. Before I fork money over for a couple of campsites, is this RAIN OR SHINE?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:22 PM   #42
Pilothouse51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
oh what the heck I'm in unless there is a hurricane.

I really only have one choice when it comes to which bike I am gonna ride. The other is a 750 but currently needs a lot of work and I am sure as heck not gonna push it. Besides leisurely sounds like my kinda pace anyway
Pilothouse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #43
baiku
Maniacal Engineer

Henry, I'm in for booking/paying. If the weather turns horrible, I might bail, but my money won't. I'll pay up front.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:15 PM   #44
Rogue Ranger
Adventurer

Oddometer: 53
Hey Henry, Count me in. I'll either tie in with you cats when you breeze by here( as soon as I download a GPX file reader and look at your route) or meet you at Moose Brook. Rain or shine, might bail if it is pouring but my money is in. Another really good restaurant is SALT pub and Libbys Bistro, both in Gorham. The Bistro is kind of spendy $20-35 entrees , but excellent. The Water Wheel on RT2 in Randolph or Tea Birds in Downtown Berlin do pretty good breakfasts. It will be a blast.
Rogue Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:25 PM   #45
AdvRich
Parallel Reality

Oddometer: 1,417
Thumb

I'm interested in this. I'll know in a week or so if a ride scheduled for that same weekend will be a goer or get rescheduled due to some extended major engine work on one inmate's bike. If a goer, I'll bring the TDM. Perhaps meet up with you Jon in VT and ride over if your up for that.
AdvRich is online now   Reply With Quote