ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #46
Ballics
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvRich View Post

interested in this. I'll Perhaps meet up with you Jon in VT and ride over if your up for that.
Sure Rich, that would great.
I wont for sure if I am in for a week or so myself.
My wife just told me that we are possibly getting a puppy that weekend but I'm trying to put that off until the following week.
Ballics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #47
AdvRich
Parallel Reality

Oddometer: 1,421
bet that cute little bugger will fit in the tank bag.

Sounds good. We can talk more at the DARC II this weekend.
AdvRich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #48
EastBoundAndDown
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 549
How long does it take to ride a bike to the summit, on average?

KTM200, GS500E, Concours 1000
EastBoundAndDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #49
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Oddometer: 3,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundAndDown View Post
How long does it take to ride a bike to the summit, on average?
15 minutes, IIRC. Unless you get stuck behind a Prius with VT plates

I've been there a few times, and only one time there was a slight problem. Some idiot decided to stop in the middle of the unpaved incline to take a pic. Nothing like starting a bike uphill on loose gravel in a drizzle.

The sunrise crowd is different from your average leafpeeper variety though. Only nuts get up at 2am to see the sunrise. Yes, that includes me. Your average brake-overheating minivan won't be there.
henrymartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:52 AM   #50
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymartin View Post
7am sounds fine, even though 8ish would also do fine. Leaving around 8, with an hour for lunch, another couple of hours for stops along the way, and we'll be up there around 5. Plenty of time to set up camp and go out for dinner.

Think about it.

That is, unless you want to do Kriss' route through VT.

Can you post the track in the same thread where I posted mine, in GPS?
I have it stored in my Garmin BaseCamp. I've never tried to share so I'll try and figure it out now. I also mad a route sheet and for some reason, one section didn't send to my gps so it really came in handy.
I can fix that though.
Definitely want to leave early to do my ride. Lunch at Skinny Pancake in Montpelier
Old 06-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #51
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Can't figure out how to copy from my documents or from basecamp and paste it here

IF I can go (likely) I might just like to head up a different way and meet up with somebody to make our way north to meet the rest of you.
But if anyone is coming from over in NY and wants to meet around my house (Stratton ski area) we can do either.
I should have my XR together by then. It's no beemer so I found it limited already on high speed slab, so I'm more into dirt and back roads. I posted the Sertao on Wantad so I better not ride it anymore:(

kdennan screwed with this post 06-13-2013 at 03:51 AM
kdennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:11 AM   #52
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

You can't copy and paste from Basecamp to here. GPS forum is the only one that allows attachments, so just go in there, find my thread with my map, and make a reply, using the attach function to attach the file from your Basecamp folder. The icon looks like a paperclip Make sure to attach a .gpx file, so people who use other than garmin can view it. Then come back here and post the link to GPS tracks east where your route resides.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #53
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Just booked the sites. Two sites in Moose brook State park, site 18 and 34 - close to bathrooms, private. We can have 4 adults per site. Since they charge reservation fee per site, it came to $34.25 per site.

I guess we'll split it there, depending who arrives and where.

If you make it there before me (us), just say what sites you have and that it is under Henry. http://www.nhstateparks.org/uploads/...p_2011_web.pdf
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #54
Pilothouse51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
It is all starting to come together now. Looking forward to a good ride and hopefully a beautiful sunrise. Thanks for making the reservations Henry.

So I am meeting you at 8am in Fitzwilliam then we are meeting Art along the way right? Anybody else meeting up with us from the beginning?
Pilothouse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #55
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilothouse51 View Post
It is all starting to come together now. Looking forward to a good ride and hopefully a beautiful sunrise. Thanks for making the reservations Henry.

So I am meeting you at 8am in Fitzwilliam then we are meeting Art along the way right? Anybody else meeting up with us from the beginning?
Are you in Springfield, VT?
Can I shoot over and meet up with you?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #56
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilothouse51 View Post

Sounds right. Art, do you want to PM me your cell# and I'll call you when we are near Wilton, or do you just want to set a meet time in Wilton? I anticipate a leisurely ride. That is, unless Pilothouse wants to test the limits of the DL and asks me to take him through Gap Mnt Rd to Rindge (which will extend the 15 minute street ride to about two hours)
Old 06-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #57
Pilothouse51
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
Are you in Springfield, VT?
Can I shoot over and meet up with you?
yep I sure am and I don't have a problem with that. I was meeting Henry in Fitzwilliam which is about 50 miles south east of Springfield. I figure I might as well start from the beginning and get the whole nickle tour.

Quote:
Sounds right. Art, do you want to PM me your cell# and I'll call you when we are near Wilton, or do you just want to set a meet time in Wilton? I anticipate a leisurely ride. That is, unless Pilothouse wants to test the limits of the DL and asks me to take him through Gap Mnt Rd to Rindge (which will extend the 15 minute street ride to about two hours)
While that sounds tempting I think we should pass this go around. I wouldn't mind trying it out another time though.
Pilothouse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #58
baiku
Maniacal Engineer

Oddometer: 1,270
Quote:

Henry, I'll PM my cell #. Call me when you estimate to be 20 minutes from the Wilton PD and I'll meet you. Don't assume Pilothouse on a DL will be challenged by Gap Mtn. (I was because I'm a no-skill dirt rider, even on the WR) A couple of years ago I was struggling thru a rockfield of baby heads and was passed *at speed* by a 1200 GS, two-up.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #59
henrymartin OP
Mr. Tourguide

Quote:
Originally Posted by baiku View Post
Henry, I'll PM my cell #. Call me when you estimate to be 20 minutes from the Wilton PD and I'll meet you. Don't assume Pilothouse on a DL will be challenged by Gap Mtn. (I was because I'm a no-skill dirt rider, even on the WR) A couple of years ago I was struggling thru a rockfield of baby heads and was passed *at speed* by a 1200 GS, two-up.
Will do. I'll probably call you when we are in New Ipswich or something like that.

Pilothouse: any time you want to try the DL, I've got 50-60 miles of rough stuff right near me. It's all doable with the right tires, attitude, and time.

By the way, not that it matter for this ride, but what tires are you running?
Old 06-13-2013, 05:41 PM   #60
justdrew
underpowered

Oddometer: 402
OOOHHH, just caught on to this thread and I live to close to miss out on this. Camping won't be necessary for me, just a ride to the top and breakfast. I'm confused though, which date works for everyone?
justdrew is offline   Reply With Quote